Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Rose and Crown Dining Room Dining Location

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, American
Read more about Rose and Crown including links to the menus here:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 08/08/2019

The Welsh pub burger was a surprise smash - fantastic! Fish and chips good as usual, as was the chicken masala curry. Fun place, good food. And good beer.

Pros:

food, beer, atmosphere

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Great fish and chips

Pros:

good food, and lots of it

Cons:

long long wait

Reviewed by ADJ Review Date: 02/16/2019

We got lucky and snagged a table here for dinner without a reservation! My mobility-impaired mother could not go down the steps to sit on the lower deck, so they switched us to a table in the main dining room. I had the Vegan Bangers & Mash (not on the menu, but apparently they have it available as a regular thing). Mom had a child's portion of fish and chips. The Bangers & Mash was awesome!! It had two Beyond Meat sausage links and a generous portion of mashed potatoes, plus a dark mushroom sauce/gravy that was a tad sweet and tangy. The whole thing was very good. Mom liked her fish and chips; she would like to have had cocktail sauce for the fish but they did not have any. It was "real" fish, not the cheap junk. The child's portion was just right for her. The interior of the restaurant is very pub-like, all in dark woods and gentle lighting. The service at this restaurant is always gracious and friendly.

Pros:

Awesome vegetarian/vegan options here!

Reviewed by HunterBill Review Date: 01/15/2019

Had dinner here to watch Illuminations. Had a great seat and a wonderful time. This turned out to be a favorite meal. Both my culinary school graduate son and my healthy eater on vacation son consider this to be their favorite meal. I want to make a special note to our server, Elle, who was the best we encountered on vacation. She was incredibly helpful with finding something my daughter could eat and didn't charge me for a wonderful cup of tea as it started to get cold.

Pros:

Service and wonderful food

Cons:

Limited gluten free menu.

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 01/08/2019

This has become a must-do for us. We visited in October 2018, on a rainy, miserable Friday night during the the Food and Wine Festival, which we were not attending. We had accomplished everything we wanted to do, were exhausted, had already decided to skip Illuminations because of the torrential and ceaseless rain, and showed up to the kiosk 45 minutes early for our ADR. They were understanding and most accommodating, seating us almost immediately. My son didn't want the appetizer that came with his meal, so our waitress gifted us a third Scotch Egg saying that an appetizer is an appetizer, who cares if he was supposed to get a fruit cup. Awesome. I had the braised short ribs and they were absolutely delicious. This is a must do restaurant every time we go to WDW!!

Pros:

*Wonderful* staff, delicious food, feels like a real English pub.

Cons:

Feels like a real English pub ... LOL.

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

My boyfriend and I ate here on Thursday December 6, 2018 for dinner. It was very chilly outside and they seated outside. They did have some heaters, but not enough. But it was worth freezing to see Illuminations! Fish & chips, potato soup, bangers & mash, and sticky toffee pudding were all excellent. Probably best portion sizes of any WDW restaurant we ate at as they normally give you too much to eat.

Pros:

View of Illuminations, Food

Cons:

Can be chilly outside & there aren't enough heaters

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/07/2018

The Tea Experience at Rose Crown was lovely. We enjoyed 5 teas, 4 sandwiches and scones and cream and jam. We left with a bag of the teas we sampled. I'd do this again!

Pros:

Interesting commentary by hostess and chef, portions just right, clotted cream!

Reviewed by Shirley Review Date: 09/29/2018

We absolutely love Rose and Crown. The fish is some of the best we have ever had. We were skeptical when we first tried it because there is always reservations available so we thought it wasnt good but boy were we wrong. It is now one of the first restaurants we go to when we are at Epcot.

Pros:

Great food, great views and fantastic service

Cons:

The only con I can think of is that is we were sitting way to close to the other customers. I would like to be spaced out a little more.

Reviewed by CeeJay62 Review Date: 09/27/2018

Always Enjoy Rose and Crown

Pros:

We always enjoy our meals at Rose and Crown, we visit once a year and it's always our must do restaurant. Fish and chips are always good, crispy on the outside and tender and flakey on the inside, and I usually get the salmon. The last few times I had the salmon they have changed the dish but it's always delicious! One of our favorite apps are the Scottish eggs! soooo good! We always sit outside because inside the pub is always crowded

Cons:

Always crowded inside the restaurant

Reviewed by SCOTTMOP Review Date: 08/27/2018

Enjoyed our meal here on 8/22. I got the Fish and chips and wife and daughter got the Shepards Pie. Both dishes very tasty but the portion sizes were not great. The Fish and chips used to come with Peas and the Fish piece was larger. If not on dining plan I probably would have a different opinion. Again the food tasted really good and the desert was yummy. I got the candy bar and wife and daughter got the strawberry yogurt dessert. Both yummy. Server was excellent.

Pros:

food and theme

Cons:

need larger portions