Reviews of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Foot stompin' hoedown fun at Ft. Wilderness. Reserve up to 1 year in advance.

Three shows a night (seasonally) and 3 tiers of pricing.

More information: http://allears.net/din/hddcom.htm

Watch a 40 year celebration of the show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFmaAGqnDF0&list=PL7g2p9qess52-DIXfxv8W-ZrC-e1G7Ua0&index=45

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

great food and awesome show

Pros:

loved it. so much fun for the whole family! money well spent and will definitely do it again

Cons:

if you don't know where you are going it can take a long time to get there

Reviewer: Nancy Review Date: 09/28/2018

A Disney gem! Our family experienced Hoop Dee Doo on our first visit to Walt Disney World back in the ‘70s. It’s not a must do every time but it is a must do! The entertainment and food is something everyone in the family will enjoy. Enjoy the boat ride to Ft Wilderness from the Magic Kingdom for an added treat.

Pros:

Great food, servers and humorous

Reviewer: CJNettles Review Date: 09/27/2018

Saw this in June for the first time, had a table right in front of the stage, and it was so much fun. The food was amazing, the show was great, and the characters were friendly and a lot of fun. Can't wait to take my parents next year.

Pros:

Dinner and show, you can't go wrong.

Cons:

Pioneer Hall can be difficult to get to, but use the Minnie Vans and it will drop you off right there.

Reviewer: Melissa C Review Date: 09/27/2018

My daughter and I had a wonderful time here celebrating my 51st birthday. The performers were so entertaining and really engaged the whole audience in the show. The food was very good and plentiful. We were told by so many people how amazing it was so I was worried that my expectations were too high; but, alas, it was as good as everyone said -- possibly even better.

Pros:

The entertainers and the food. The servers were also very accommodating and added to the experience.

Cons:

The location could be difficult for some but we took a Minnie Van there then hopped on the boat for Magic Kingdom just in time to see Happily Ever After.

Reviewer: Jane Buie Review Date: 09/27/2018

Wish I could go higher than a "10"! This show is incredible! We have been maybe 5 or 6 times in our long Disney World history. This time we brought some oldsters and youngsters who had not seen it. I have never seen such laughter or enjoyment from both groups. While very campy, the script is fun and done on an extremely talented level. The entire evening is filled with quips, singing, dancing and quality food, served family style. Also, free beer and wine for us responsible adults. When the kiddos asked for Mac & Cheese, the servers brought that off the menu! They incorporate audience participation, much to the delight of all. Nothing will ever compare to this in all of WDW and we will continue to enjoy it every 3rd or 4th year. Much better than other dinner shows and well worth the $$$.

Pros:

Fun for all ages and yummy!

Cons:

Located in Fort Wilderness so it's a bit of a trek but accessible by bus and boat

Reviewer: Jen Review Date: 09/26/2018

The Hoop Dee Doo is always a great time. It never gets old! Great show and great service and participation. We were there celebrating my parents 40th Anni, so they go to be recognized. it was a great experience for our kids!

Pros:

entertainment all around!

Cons:

cost and it is very loud

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/25/2018

Our family totally loves the Hoop-Dee-Doo! We have so many wonderful memories of the many times we have seen the show. It is a \"must do\" for us on every trip to Disney World. The food is really good and there is something for everyone to enjoy. The children bounce with excitement when it is time for dessert. The show is quite memorable with lots of singing, humor and shenanigans! We all leave with smiles on our faces. I can't imagine a trip to Disney without stopping by Pioneer Hall.

Pros:

Family oriented, good food, audience participation, great staff

Cons:

Pricey for most families

Reviewer: SCOTTMOP Review Date: 08/27/2018

Still the best show at Disney. the food is great and the show is a hoot. Its one of the few places that all you can drink alcohol is included in the price. the dessert Is great as well. Its a must each time we go. Its fried chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes, corn, beans, corn bread and salad. they really improved on the beans.

Pros:

great show and food

Cons:

Reviewer: John Review Date: 05/08/2018

A great show with great food and service. It was a wonderful experience for our whole family. We got to sit right up front and take an active role in the show. Our grandchildren thought it was really a hoot!

Pros:

All of it is Great

Reviewer: Tanasigirl Review Date: 01/10/2018

We had our first visit to the HDDMR on December 26, 2017. We paid the extra amount to sit on the main floor (1st tier) and it was worth it. We had table #64, which we were told at check-in was a great table. It was right in the middle of the floor and the performers danced around us.

Since it was during Christmas, the room was decorated and the show incorporated some seasonal music. The performers were very great and it was a cute show with a good amount of audience participation.

When you walk in the salad and bread are on the table waiting for you. The fried chicken was great (the same you get at Trails' End BTW), the ribs were fine, and I liked the sides. Desert was strawberry shortcake. They will bring you as much food as you want. Bottomless wine, sangria, and beer are included. So if you drink, that will help justify the price.

We were staying at Coronado Springs and debated driving over because of the huge crowds, but I'm glad we didn't. We took a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then took the resort boat to Ft. Wilderness. We came back the same way. I love the campground, so we didn't mind wandering around a bit until it was time to check in.

I'm not sure we will go again since it is basically the same show. But I can say I have been and it was a fun experience.

Pros:

Fun, clean entertainment

Cons:

Expensive and loud