Reviews of Cape May Cafe Clam Bake Dinner

All Ears® Review: http://allears.net/ae/issue374.htm

Read prices, menu items, and more about Cape May Cafe

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by disneyjill Review Date: 11/11/2014

I have been coming to Cape May Cafe for 20 years now and while it has changed some over the years, it's still a favorite. We ate here on 11/2. All items were refilled promptly, we had fresh crab legs every time we wanted them. The peel and eat shrimp are wonderful. The dessert selection has shrunk since my first trip here in 1994, but after all the crab legs and corn bread, who cares? Still lots of little yummies to choose from. Our server was attentive although drinks from the bar were slow, but not her fault. She apologized several times for that. We were so glad to be there after a horrible day of air travel, we weren't concerned with slow drinks. We arrived 30 minutes early and were seated after 5 minutes, which was not expected. We were fine to wait knowing we were early. My ONLY complaint is that we were seated next to a large party with several noisy kids. This isn't a quiet restaurant by any means--we knew that going in--but these kids were ill behaved noisy. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic spot, just know this isn't it. :)

Pros:

food, service

Cons:

noisy

Reviewed by SMReichert Review Date: 08/22/2014

Was seated 10 min after reservation time. Waiter was prompt and courteous. Plates were cleaned off quickly. Drinks were quickly refilled. Food was good for a buffet (I'm not a big buffet person) My picky 11 y/o son was happy with what he had.
Dessert was good. A good variety of miniature desserts.
Will definitely go there again. In fact, I love the resort!

Pros:

Best meal so far this trip; great service

Reviewed by hello12345 Review Date: 06/02/2014

This was a 4th time eating at Cape May. Made a same day reservation on 05/31. Made the reservation at 4:45pm for 8:10pm. Arrived at about 7:10pm and got seated around 7:30pm. Food quality was good. Roast beef, salmon, pasta was all good. Buffet had limited selection. It's actually kind of small. I don't think the price of this buffet is worth it due to the limited selection. They have also scaled back the number of desserts being offered. It appears the scaling back of items is a standard Disney tactic lately. I dished out $120 before tip for 2 adults/2 kids.

Pros:

Good Quality

Cons:

limted selection and price

Reviewed by imondline Review Date: 06/01/2014

Food quality is consistent. Nice variety. Our most enjoyable meal. Price is a little high.

Pros:

Selection of food

Cons:

Desserts have been cheapened

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 05/30/2014

Service was great. The food was pretty good, but not great. You really have to eat a lot of the crab legs to get the value from this meal. It is very, very expensive. I don't think we will be back for dinner.

Reviewed by Angelc1420 Review Date: 05/30/2014

This was our first visit and it definitely won't be the last! I think my family ate their weight in crab legs and shrimp. My oldest daughter does not like seafood but still had more than enough to eat - the ribs were so good and the meat just fell from the bone. There were so many dessert choices made in smaller portions so you could try one of everything if you wanted.

Pros:

Great Food!

Reviewed by DisneyTheVs Review Date: 05/26/2014

My wife and I had an ADR for 6:45 PM and arrived a little bit early and about 5 minutes later were seated. Our server PUI was excellent in keeping the plates cleared and refreshing our drinks. We never felt rushed. The crab was fantastic. We both enjoyed the Seafood Chowder and ribs. We would have liked to have seen some additional seafood items on the buffet. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and they brought us a chocolate mousse dessert with a congratulations sign made out of chocolate. This was the priciest meal for our trip. We don't feel like we get our monies worth as we are not big eaters.

Pros:

Crab Legs and Dessert

Reviewed by momtoone Review Date: 04/18/2014

This was our first time to Cape May and were super excited for the buffet. However, the food wasn't overly exciting. The salmon and chicken were very dry. Our 4 year old son also didn't eat much. The waiter and waitress assigned to our area barely spoke two words to us. It was especially disappointing when we got the bill and it was over $100 for two adults and 4 year who ate two bites. Definitely won't be returning.

Pros:

were able to get us in an hour before our actual reservation time

Cons:

overpriced and dry food

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 02/18/2014

We ate at Cape May Café on Tuesday, February 11, 2014. Our ADR were at 6:50pm; we arrived at 6:54pm and had to wait about four minutes before we were seated. All three of us got the buffet (me, wife and 14yo daughter). On the buffett were peel and eat shrimp, steamed mussels, steamed clams, herb crusted salmon, and roast beef. There were also several sides such as mac & cheese, mashed potatoes and various breads.

The shrimp were just OK, no real flavor, but they were tender. The clams and mussels were good. They had some flavor and were very tender – not overly cooked. The roast beef was not tender at all and had no flavor – but this is a sea food buffet, not a steak house. The salmon was the best thing on the buffet. It was very good with lots of flavor and was moist and tender. I went back for seconds it was so good.

Our bill, for three adult buffets, and three sodas with tip came to $141!! What we had was not worth half that amount. My wife and I have decided that we’ll never come back to Cape May Café as the food quality does not justify the price.

Pros:

Service

Cons:

Quality and Quantity of Seafood

Reviewed by Brbrhark Review Date: 02/01/2014

I would rate this restaurant as Excellent for seafood; not so good for anything else. I am glad I went but probably would not bother again. I enjoyed the salmon and the salads but I am not really a seafood buff. My daughter and her husband love it but if we travel together again, I will definitely eat at another location while they go here. However, for seafood lovers it is a really good value.

Pros:

Lots of seafood

Cons:

Lots of seafood

Other topics in Beach Club