- Admission Tickets FAQ
- Calendar of Events
- Early Entry
- Merchandise Mail Order
- Parking Information
- Rehabs and Closures
- Ride Restrictions
- Seating Photo Gallery
- Smoking Policy
- Special Needs Travelers
- Wandering the Land
At a Glance...
At a Glance...
Parades and Shows
- Disney's Aladdin
- Mickey and the Magical Map
- Mickey's Soundsational Parade
Dreams Come True
- Pixar Play Parade
- World of Color
- Dia de Los Reyes
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend
- Lunar New Year
- Mardi Gras
- Fourth of July
- Holiday Happenings
- --Holiday Decorations
- --Holiday "it's
a small world"
- --Believe... in
- --A Christmas Fantasy Parade
- --Candlelight Processional
- New Year's Eve
OTHER THEME PARKS
The Merriest Place on Earth
Holiday Enchantment Sparkles at Disneyland Resort with
Fireworks, Parade, Snowfall Beginning Nov. 12
Heartwarming Favorites Make Spirits Bright at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Parks
ANAHEIM, Calif. (October 15, 2010) -- When it comes to enjoying the magic of the holiday season with family and friends, there's no place like Disneyland Resort. The holidays will shine brightly throughout the resort from Nov. 12 through Jan. 2, 2011, as guests create memories for a lifetime.
Guests will enjoy the return of Disneyland Resort's most popular offerings, including special holiday versions of "it's a small world" and Haunted Mansion, along with "A Christmas Fantasy" parade, colorful holiday decor and a nightly snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.
Other holiday highlights at Disneyland will include the traditional snowdrifts and icicles adorning Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle. After dark a sensational holiday lighting and special effects show will carry the magic of the holidays from the castle all the way to the Christmas tree in Town Square. The 60-foot-tall Disneyland Christmas tree is specially designed to present a nightly holiday light show like no other with more than 62,000 energy-efficient LED lights.
The Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle presentation unfolds throughout the evening in three acts, each of them featuring a touch of winter snow on Main Street, U.S.A. The finale of the show includes the legendary "Believe...in Holiday Magic" fireworks show, which takes guests on a journey of sights and sounds of the season and ends with a touching rendition of "White Christmas," along with a climactic snowfall swirling down on Main Street, U.S.A., "it's a small world" Mall and New Orleans Square.
A holiday tradition in Disneyland is "A Christmas Fantasy" parade, in which Disney characters join together to celebrate the magic of the season. Guests can watch as the characters wrap gifts, bake holiday treats and prepare for the arrival of Santa Claus, who shouts a jolly greeting to spectators along the parade route. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse even take to the ice for some skating fun.
Themed entertainment, sparkling decorations and tasty treats add festive warmth to holiday fun at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Guests also will be able to book guided holiday tours that provide entry into "it's a small world" Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday, reserved seating for the Disneyland "A Christmas Fantasy" parade, a keepsake remembrance, and entertaining information about the history behind Disneyland holiday traditions. For information and reservations guests can visit Disneyland City Hall or call 714/781-4400.
Returning holiday favorites at Disneyland park include:
- "it's a small world" Holiday transforms "it's a small world" into a worldwide celebration of the season, boasting more than 300,000 glittering lights on its facade.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday presents a madcap celebration as the traditions of Halloween and Christmas collide. The ghoulish but well-meaning Jack Skellington from the film "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas" has come to the Haunted Mansion to transform it with his skewed vision of the holidays.
- Santa Claus and his reindeer will return to greet Disneyland guests in Santa's Reindeer Round-up in Big Thunder Ranch, Frontierland. Kids and their families will chat with St. Nick and see real reindeer grazing in a corral.
Disney's California Adventure celebrates the season with fanciful park-wide decorations and lively entertainment.
- Guests approaching the park will immediately get in the holiday mood as they encounter the iconic "CALIFORNIA" letters transformed to appear as swirling red and white peppermint sticks.
- "a bug's land" transforms as Flik and his bug buddies spread giant Christmas lights and oversized ornaments throughout their realm.
- The holiday scene along the Paradise Bay boardwalk includes a beautifully decorated Christmas tree and lampposts decorated with seasonal wreaths.
- Santa Claus will greet guests on the boardwalk near Ariel's Grotto on Paradise Pier.
Guests in Disney California Adventure won't want to miss the other park entertainment, highlighted by the all-new "World of Color" nighttime water spectacular, which brings its own brand of after-dark magic to the Paradise Bay lagoon. Meanwhile, in the entry plaza of Disney California Adventure and the adjoining Hollywood Pictures Backlot district, the immersive "ElecTRONica" nighttime street party will put guests of all ages "on the grid" and into the environment of the new Walt Disney Pictures feature, "TRON: Legacy." "ElecTRONica" parties take place Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and nightly from Dec. 17 through Jan. 2. "ElecTRONica" will continue into spring 2011.
Also part of the regular Disney California Adventure attractions and entertainment lineup:
- "Pixar Play Parade" is complemented by two new shows: the energetic "dance-off" competition of "Disney Dance Crew" on the Backlot Stage in Hollywood Pictures Backlot, and the rock concert-style "Disney Channel Rocks,"` featuring music from Disney Channel movies and series, performed on the Palisades Stage in Paradise Park, alongside Paradise Bay lagoon.
- In Blue Sky Cellar at Golden Vine Winery, the Imagineers' workshop offers guests a preview of what's coming to Disney California Adventure, including The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure in 2011.
- Guests along Paradise Pier in Disney California Adventure also will enjoy the newly enhanced Toy Story Mania! and Silly Symphony Swings attractions, along with such popular favorites as California Screamin' and Mickey's Fun Wheel.
The Downtown Disney district and the Disneyland Resort hotels will join in the merriment with twinkling lights and ornaments, special entertainment and holiday dining. Expanded hours at both Disneyland Resort theme parks will extend the holiday fun. For more information about holidays at Disneyland Resort, visit www.disneyland.com/holidays.
To read about Walt Disney World's Holiday happenings, click HERE.