Many Star Wars fans dreams will start to come true tomorrow, May 31, with the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland. Guests will be able to sit in the Millennium Falcon and pilot it as part of the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run attraction.
The new attraction combines immersive storytelling with interactive gameplay. Groups of six will enter the Millennium Falcon’s cockpit. Each person will be assigned one of three roles to complete the mission: Pilots, Gunners, and Flight Engineers.
The backstory to the attraction is after the events of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Chewbacca brought the Millennium Falcon to Black Spire Outpost for repairs. In exchange for some of the replacement parts, Chewbacca loans the Millennium Falcon to Hondo Ohnaka, a smuggler turned “legitimate” businessman, who is now making good use of the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs. It is at this point you enter the story of Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
Disney shared a video tour of the ride and the interactive queue area led by Asa Kalama, Executive Creative Director, Walt Disney Imagineering.
Are you ready to step aboard the Millennium Falcon? Let us know in the comments!
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland is NOW OPEN! Don't miss these posts about the new land:
- The Top 10 Must-Do's in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Savi's Workshop in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Lets You Build Your Own Lightsaber
- First Look: DJ Rex is on Deck and Drinks Abound at Oga's Cantina
- This Might be the Weirdest Thing You'll See at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- All the Details on Shopping in Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge!
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!