Reviews of Chef Mickey's Dinner

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/chef-mickeys/dinner

Read prices, menu items, and more about Chef Mickey's

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/05/2019

This place is so unorganized, unwelcoming and dirty. The staff literally rushed me and my party of 12 to finish eating while having dinner on 7/30/19 and no one in my group even had the chance to get seconds. There was food all over the floor where we sat, and when the Characters came to our table the were instructed to not come to our table. I booked this reservation 3 months in advance for my niece 4th Birthday and I repeatedly ask customer service I would like to add a cake to my reservations, will the cake I am ordering with you from (Chef Mickey) be available? I was told yes it will be and will be the notes under my reservations, but I must pay the money in advance and when the day finally came I was told they do not provide a cake there was no indication in the notes under my reservations and unless I order from an outside bakery there is NO CAKE, so I basically lost the money I paid in advance. When I complained to the Manager she blantly stated..\"You were supposed to book this celebration 24hrs in advance, we do not provide a cake, and the money you paid has nothing to do with us so call your bank to inquire about a refund!\". I will \"NEVER BOOK HERE AGAIN!\" & I will definately \"NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

Pros:

NOT WORTH IT!

Cons:

NOT WORTH THE MONEY OR TIME

Reviewed by Bubbe415 Review Date: 06/19/2019

we were pleasantly surprised - it wasnt bad. not great but not bad. buffets are never great tho. the characters were fun. the service pretty good. not memorable, had to think hard about where we went 2 nights ago lol.

Pros:

fun. close to Bay Lake so we could see fireworks. characters all came over

Cons:

characters seemed a bit rushed. expensive.

Reviewed by TLynch Review Date: 04/17/2019

We have been to Chef Mickey's Breakfast many times but this year we tried the Dinner with a party of 15. The food selection was great and everyone enjoyed the character interaction. Our server was excellent. He continually checked our tables to refill drinks and remove empty plates. He also made sure that one of the characters that had skipped our tables came back for the kids.

Pros:

Food was great. Service was excellent.

Reviewed by Amy3 Review Date: 09/26/2018

We have been to Disney three times now with our three young kids and this is by far their favorite Disney restaurant of them all. Not only do you get to see all the big Disney characters without waiting in a line at the park (saving time!) but they have good food for adults with lots of kids favorites to keep everyone happy. We also have two kids with food allergies and the chef came right out to the table and provided each of them a meal they loved and made them feel special!

Pros:

See Disney Characters and interact with them Good food for all ages Great ice cream bar kids also loved the monorail trip into the hotel My kids are older now and we are planning another trip and this is the restaurant they all want to make sure we go to!

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 03/27/2017

Characters came once in almost two hours. Food was middle of the road, cold, skimpy, hardly anything on the buffet. Last year it was loaded with great food. Golden Corral has a better selection. We will no longer go there.

Pros:

Some fun with characters

Cons:

Food, expense, value

Reviewed by whitsons Review Date: 02/02/2017

Chef Mickey's dinner has been a favorite tradition for my family for 25 years. Sadly, the restaurant has changed over the last few years, and the food is nothing like it used to be. They have replaced the prime rib with roast, and the world-renowned parmesan potatoes have now been replaced by smashed potatoes. The food is sub par, and we were so sad that our traditional restaurant will no longer be on our list of places to eat at WDW. I wish WDW would leave the original menu alone. The waitress said she had received lots of complaints about the parmesan potatoes being gone! Ugh! And on top of that, this was the most expensive meal we had, and definitely the worst! Really wish WDW would go back to the old menu at Chef Mickey's dinner!

Pros:

good place to see Mickey and other characters

Cons:

food has gotten progressively worse over the years

Reviewed by KBates Review Date: 05/15/2016

My family of 4 ate here many years ago and we remembered it being fantastic, but we hadn't been there since, even though we visit Disney every year! We decided to go again last year, 2015, (My parents and my Fiance' and I). We had booked the day our dining options were available and it was already hard to get in! We went in August (it was very hot out) but we were ready for a great buffet dinner. We got there and they take your family picture which was nice because I don't remember them doing this many years ago. When we were called in and directed to our table everyone was so nice and explained what the different foods were. My fiance' was excited to see all the different dessert choices they had. I have a beef allergy and there was plenty of food to choose from. And then the characters came around and we got pictures with every one of them. Also, the waitress noticed it was my parents 25th year anniversary and they gave them a celebration mickey cupcake with a candle on it! The food was absolutely delicious I would definitely recommend it!!

Pros:

price, atmosphere, characters

Cons:

need to make reservation well in advance!

Reviewed by Swin1989 Review Date: 05/14/2016

Ate here with my Hubby on April 21, 2016. Our reservation was at 6:15pm. We checked in a little early and waited about 15 minutes for our table. As always this meal was a blast. It's on our must do list every trip. Food was amazing. Love the atmosphere. Our waiter, Tim or Tom, was outstanding!!! And the characters were, well a bunch of characters. Fun as always.

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 05/08/2016

Food was great and plentiful. Short rib and polenta was terrific. Desserts are lovely tastes of everything. Chocolate Oreo bombs are intense. Characters came three times each and fun with our granddaughter. Did not wait long for table. We had a great server named Tim. Would have given it a 10 but 50 per person is way to much.

Pros:

Food, characters, cast

Cons:

Price, price, price

Reviewed by Rlcrawford4 Review Date: 04/12/2016

We ate at Chef Mickeys on March 30th...this was our second time eating at Chef Mickeys. We arrived 10 minutes prior to our reservation time and did not have to wait at all. My 3 year old dd was enamored with the characters. They were wonderful and we did not feel rushed.

The food was another story...not what I would consider high quality...even for Buffet food I was expecting better...I think the meatballs were from the frozen food section at a store...the bread was good...desserts were ok...the next time we visit WDW we will branch out and try something else.

Pros:

Characters

Cons:

Food quality

Other topics in Contemporary