Reviews of California Grill - Brunch at the Top

View Menus at California Grill Dining Location

More about California Grill: http://allears.net/dining/location/california-grill

MENU: http://allears.net/dining/menu/california-grill/brunch

Sunday brunch is available at the California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Dubbed "Brunch at the Top," the meal serves a wide variety of items both buffet and full service entree.

As part of the dining experience, you get the chance to interact with Chef's culinary team in the open show kitchen.

Cost is $80 for adults (includes one signature cocktail), $48 ages 3 to 11. Reservations can be made by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 03/05/2019

Very overpriced. The room and the view are lovely, but the food was not worth the cost. We will never go again.

Pros:

The beautiful view.

Cons:

The food was not worth the cost.

Reviewer: bsddsc Review Date: 03/06/2018

The price I paid included the 20% off for Tables In Wonderland, which is available only for Florida residents.

For anyone who has cruised DCL, this brunch reminds me of Palo's brunch, but on a much smaller scale. (which is why I rated this a 9, it needs more variety) You choose from the buffet line and then order an entree. There is no limit, you could order more than one entree with bacon or sausage etc. Go back as much as you please.

We opted for all you can drink champagne rather than mimosas. They have great coffee, really strong. Brunch ends with a pastry tray. Since we are local, we took home what we didn't eat and our server even added pastries and bread from the buffet which we really loved.

A special occasion event for sure. We went for our anniversary and a birthday. We will go again.

Pros:

great food, live music, free mimosas or champagne

Cons:

pricey, could use a larger selection

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 07/16/2017

My family of 5 had brunch here on Sunday, July 2nd at 10 am. We checked in and were brought up to the top floor of the Contemporary Resort within about 10 minutes. The adults were given Mimosas before being seated, and the kids were offered white cranberry juice.
Our server was excellent, and we never lacked for anything. The pacing of the meal was perfect.
Before we ordered, we we told to help ourselves at the buffet. The food was very good, and definitely the best meal of our trip.

Pros:

Decor, Food and Service

Reviewer: tiggeress Review Date: 02/07/2017

"No, I don't recommend this brunch. It was horrible in every way, so you shouldn't even think about going there."

I'd like to say that so it would be easier for me to get reservations, but I can't. This was one of our favorite meals on our trip. The sunny, pleasant room, the food, service, music, ambiance, and endless mimosas, were incredible and I couldn't recommend this brunch any more than I do. We loved every second of it, and we were lucky enough that it lasted 2 hours (but it could be much shorter if you desire).

You can read the menu to see all they offer, so I won't bore you with food details, just trust me that everything offered was abundant and delicious. I'm fairly picky about restaurant meals, so if you knew me, you'd maybe be surprised that I rave about this brunch.

We paid for it with 2 dining credits on our deluxe plan, and would do it all again on every trip.

Pros:

Food, Ambiance, View

Cons:

Expensive (but worth it)

Reviewer: lauri Review Date: 10/08/2016

We ate here on the last day of our trip. We arrived a little earlier than our reservation, and was seated immediately. We were offered mimosas on the way to our table, and requested coffee, which came as a pressed pot. Our server was attentive and friendly. We ordered an entrees, smoked salmon eggs benedict and lobster eggs benedict. We then went to the buffet, which offered different sushi, a couple salads, meats, cheeses and fresh fruit. There is a bloody mary bar, that is extra, which we didn't try, but I'm guessing it was pretty good, based on what I saw from other guests!
We also received a plate of breads, which was okay, but not worth the stomach space to eat, since there was so much to enjoy. Our entrees were excellent as was everything from the buffet. The server brought out a plate of pastries, macaroons, cookies, things like that. Not to my taste, but it looked pretty! We were on the deluxe dining, so price was not a huge issue, but I can see where $80 a person would be tough on a family vacation. It was not as slow paced and relaxing like we enjoyed throughout our vacation, but did not feel rushed either. I would likely go again, with or without the dining plan.

Pros:

great food

Cons:

tad pricey/wish I had asked for a better view