Reviews of California Grill

View Menus at California Grill Dining Location

Full Service

Explore the California Grill Dining Location: http://allears.net/dining/location/california-grill

Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/california-grill/dinner

Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/california-grill/child-dinner

Reviewer: aileens2284 Review Date: 12/31/2018

6 of us dressed up and went "fancy" for one meal during our 9 day trip. I give it a 10 star rating, it was so amazing. First you check in downstairs and they come get you and you go up in a private elevator right to the restaurant. When we arrived, our table was waiting for us, they brought us right over. The first thing you notice is the amazing view! We arrived at 6pm, our meal lasted 2 hours, then afterward we watched the fireworkd/Happily Ever After show at Magic Kingdom from the observation deck. It was breathtaking. We used the dining plan, prices would be over our budget otherwise. Our server was amazing, and it felt like he was just there for us. After taking our drink orders, ( my mom ordered coffee, they grind it tableside and serve it with real sugar cubes), they bring out sourdough bread served with warm herbed oil, this was so good we had to force ourselves to say no when our server asked if we wanted more ( we knew we had a lot of food to eat!) We all ordered the Cowboy Cut 19oz ribeye steak. We have different tastes in how well the meat is done, but they all came out perfect. You could cut the steak with a fork. It was so juicy and seasoned just right. It was served with honey saffron-glazed carrots and aged Gouda macaroni and cheese. Wow, the mac n cheese was so good! There was so much food, only one of our group was able to finish the whole steak. For dessert we ordered Warm Valrhona Chocolate cake, and i had the carrot cheesecake. Was very good and even though we were so full, we at least tried it! We were not rushed at all during our meal, and we also didn't feel like we were waiting for food either. It was just the perfect experience. We finished up just at the fireworks and Happliy Ever after was starting. We watched from the Observation Deck and it was so amazing. My mom is afraid of heights, so she stood inside and watched through the floor to ceiling windows, all of a sudden our server walked up behind her with a chair for her to sit in! If we use the dining plan we will definitely visit again. This was an amazing experience.

Pros:

Food, view, service, everything

Cons:

was hard to get an ADR, i started exactly 180 days out, and i signed up for 2 different ADR help sites. We actually got our ADR one day before we ate there using the Touring Plans app.

Reviewer: tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

My boyfriend and I ate here for dinner Sunday night, December 2, 2018 for dinner. Excellent! Expensive if not on dining plan. It's neat seeing Illuminations from high up top the Contemporary. Plus there's an outdoor balcony. Good food and service. Would return. I appreciated that people being allowed into the restaurant were following the dress code. The only ones in casual wear were those that ate at the restaurant earlier and came back only to watch the fireworks.

Pros:

Good food, good view of fireworks, dress code followed

Cons:

Expensive if not on dining plan, hard to get a reservation

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

We like the pork tenderloin here although if you cant get used to having your pork pink inside you should let the sever know. The view is great. Sometimes we go up early evening and have go to the bar for a drink and a flatbread and still get to see the fireworks. You don't need a reservation for this.

Pros:

view

Reviewer: mangoman18 Review Date: 09/30/2018

After hearing all of the positive reviews for this place, I have to say we were really disappointed with this meal. I will say the view is amazing from the top of the Comtempory. The restaurant itself looks a little dated and sterile for my tastes. I ordered the cowboy ribeye and my wife got the filet. Probably not the best place to get a steak, but we had heard good things about the steaks. I will say that some of the other entrees we saw other people get looked really good such as the pork tenderloin. Our server was friendly but he did mess up are order, which is kind of annoying, especially at those prices. He did get it fixed and was apologetic about it. Our desserts were both good. My wife really enjoyed the chocolate lava cake and my creme brulee was fine. Overall I don’t think this restaurant is a good place to spend your money. There are much better signature restaurants on property.

Pros:

View of the Magic Kingdom

Cons:

Food, service, cost

Reviewer: Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

We have been to California Grill several times, and the experience has been different almost every time. Food is always great, no complaints at all. The waitstaff is hit or miss. Some are so attentive and just on top of everything. Others make it seem as if you are inconveniencing them just by being there. Overall, we have been very happy here. And being able to go out on the roof and watch the fireworks is awesome!

Pros:

Amazing food, fireworks

Cons:

Waitstaff hit or miss

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 09/29/2018

We were a party of 7. We had a wonderful dinner here on Tuesday, June 5th. We were seated right away, and the service and meal were top notch. After dinner, we enjoyed the Happily Ever After fireworks from the balcony.

Pros:

The food and ability to watch the fireworks.

Reviewer: Tamara Ervin Review Date: 09/27/2018

I wanted to like this restaurant more than I did. I had heard so many good things about it, and I was excited to get a reservation. We lined it up so we would see the fireworks during dinner. That didn't happen, there was a delay. Not their fault, but disappointing nonetheless. The location is beyond beautiful. The food was a bit too high brow for us. I couldn't pronounce half the menu, and it was a 1 page menu to start. Experience was worth it, but not sure I will go back.

Pros:

Beautiful location, peaceful dinner

Cons:

Menu could use expanding

Reviewer: kj831 Review Date: 08/26/2018

We ate here on the first night of our trip in July. Me, Mom, Dad, my niece and her friend. I was only able to get an ADR for 4 people, and the CM at check in for the restaurant assured us it wouldn't be an issue at all to have 5. We were seated at a great table near the kitchen and one of the balconies for fireworks viewing. It was perfect. They decorated the table with Mickey Confetti, as it was a belated birthday for my Dad and early for my niece's friend's 10th birthday. Nasser was our server, he surprised the girls by telling them there was a call for them. Upon return, the girls were so excited that Goofy had called to welcome them to Disney. The food was delicious, except for the Birthday cupcakes brought to us. We got to see the fireworks which made for a ton of excitement from my niece and her friend's first visit to WDW.

Pros:

Excellent Experience

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 04/11/2018

I have now had dinner here twice and brunch here once, with 2 more reservations coming up in June and October. This place is the best for a first class meal and top shelf wine and cocktails. Firework viewing after dinner is also a huge plus!!!

Pros:

Decor and Food

Reviewer: Aimee McCann Review Date: 12/20/2017

The hostess took my cell number but we never received a text. It took awhile for the hostess to find us as they did not announce names. But we were seated next to the window with a great view of the castle MVMCP fireworks. Our waitress, Wendi, was able to answer all questions about the menu well and gave her recommendations which we found spot-on. The oysters, filet and scallops were delicious. We've eaten at CA Grill 3 other times and this visit will not be our last. Had a great time and were not rushed. Wendi gave us time to watch the fireworks, but was attentive to refilling drinks and bread during that time.

Pros:

Quality and quantity of food. Wait staff excellent. View of fireworks

Cons:

noise