Reviews of Kona Cafe Breakfast

Full Service Breakfast

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/kona-cafe/breakfast
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/kona-cafe/child-breakfast

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 10/10/2018

MUST do every time we come to WDW--breakfast is the most elegant way to start the day!

Pros:

Um...Tonga toast and macadamia pancakes!

Cons:

You better have a reservation!

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

used to be our favorite until they took the Big Kahuna off the menu and really cut back on portions

Pros:

good food good service

Cons:

revised menu..smaller portions

Reviewer: kj831 Review Date: 08/23/2018

We actually ate here 2 during our Trip in July 2018. Both times i got last minute ADR. Our waitress the first day was amazing and so sweet. Mom and i had the french toast both visits, Dad had Macadamia Pancakes and niece and her friend (both (9) had the kids' pancakes. Everything was so delicious the first day, that Mom said (while we were still at table)"log into that Disney app and get us reservations again for breakfast on our last day." The second time our server wasn't as nice as our first one. My Dad didn't want the pineapple sauce on his pancakes, and the waitress asked rather rudely "Why? Are you allergic?" I understand the need for the question, but her tone was offputting. My Mom loved Kona so much and what she saw of the Polynesian that she said next year she wants to stay there, partly just to eat breakfast at Kona alot.

Pros:

Food is awesome

Cons:

one waitress was a little unpleasant

Reviewer: Disneydad7506 Review Date: 08/01/2018

We had ADR for breakfast at Kona Cafe on a Sunday morning and we were seated right when we checked in. The menu had a lot of good options. I ordered the Tonga Toast and my daughter had the fruit plate. Both entrees were fabulous. The Tonga Toast was served hot and fruit was very fresh. She did miss that fruit was no longer served in a pineapple. We had a good server and the press pot coffee was also very good.

Pros:

Tonga Toast

Reviewer: Km888 Review Date: 10/14/2017

Must do for breakfast every trip. Fantastic coffee. The macadamia pineapple pancakes are incredible. Service is always top notch. Fun for breakfast on the way to Magic Kingdom.

Pros:

Food, service

Reviewer: SusieH212 Review Date: 08/20/2017

Cast member was able to make sure chef could make me Tonga Toast "vegan" style. It was huge! Delicious coffee too.

Pros:

Vegan option

Cons:

Traveling from another resort.

Reviewer: debg32 Review Date: 05/29/2017

We dined here on May 19th. The food was great. The Tonga Toast is a must. I would have given it a 10 except for our server. She was not very attentive. We are not the type of people that need someone to cater to us immediately, but she did not check on us once our meal was served to see if we needed our coffee refilled or if we would like to order something else.

Pros:

Food and atmosphere

Cons:

Service

Reviewer: cmoranski Review Date: 03/27/2017

Delicious food. Waffles, tonga toast, big kahuna so good. Love the coffee. Would have given it a 10, but our server seemed almost disinterested.

Pros:

Delicious food

Cons:

Mediocre service

Reviewer: Fantabulously Cherry Review Date: 02/10/2017

In December, we had our first experience here. I was really wanting the Tonga Toast, but told the waitress I can't have it because too much cinnamon irritates my stomach. The waitress told me they could make it without the cinnamon sugar coating. That really impressed me! It was excellent, especially when I got to the bananas in the middle. This place is definitely worth the hype!

Pros:

Allergy/irritant friendly

Reviewer: angela923 Review Date: 12/12/2016

Had Breakfast at the Kona Café on 12/10 and 12/11/16. Had Macadamia Pineapple pancakes and Big Kahuna. Great as always. (the pressed pot of coffee terrible, quality went down, price went up. On 12/11/2016 the last day of my trip there was a place card on my table that said
"Welcome back Gullotti Ohana" it made my day and my trip

Pros:

Great food

Cons:

Pressed pot of coffee quality went down.