Reviews of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Each year Mickey hosts the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in the Magic Kingdom. This is a hard ticket event -- meaning you need to purchase a separate ticket for entry (just like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a fun spooky haven for trick-or-treaters of all ages.

Requires separate admission ticket.

Fact Sheet and Current Information/Blogs Photos/Videos: http://allears.net/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

Reviewer: darcelmargliotti Review Date: 08/27/2013

I think the price is too much.After all I just paid to get in the Magic Kingdom for the day only to come out and turn around to go back in for additional money.The parade and fireworks were awesome but just the same as any other Wishes or Electrical Parade performance.Why not just let you back in without charge.People will still send a lot of money on merchandise and food so give us a break!!

Pros:

Very Disneyrific!!!

Cons:

Price,crowds

Reviewer: cindyfan Review Date: 09/27/2018

Needs desperately to be updated. This event hasn't seen many changes or upgrades in forever. It's great to go once... maybe once every 6-8 years! But if you've seen it recently, save your money. And they need to sell less tickets.

Pros:

Fireworks. Parade (if you've never seen it before, it's fun)

Cons:

Too crowded. Nothing has changed in many, many years! needs something new and fresh (besides Hocus-Pocus which is already "old" after 3 years)

Reviewer: MWS Review Date: 11/13/2015

After attending a couple of the MVMCP, I was very excited to attend the MNSSHP and score a poison apple mug. I know Disney can’t control the weather, but it rained all night and it definitely put a damper on the evening. Because of the rain there was no Headless Horseman, no Carlotta at the Haunted Mansion, no Hocus Pocus Villain show (after waiting 20 minutes for it to start) and no getting in line to see characters. According to a very nice cast member, the poison apple mugs were sold out weeks ago, so no mug either. However there were tons of people and large crowds in the stores and for both parades and the fireworks making it difficult to get around and see the parade. The candy lines were long, but moved quickly and most of the rides had short wait times. Next time I’ll skip the party and instead use the ticket money to buy the poison apple mug on eBay.

Pros:

Candy, short wait time for rides

Cons:

Over crowded

Reviewer: DisneyDana Review Date: 10/30/2015

This was my first Halloween party and unfortunately I wouldn't choose to do it again. We were at the party on Thursday night 10/22 and I'm not sure but I would guess it was sold out. We were there specifically to hit the short ride lines. No such luck at any point during the night. I was shocked that the crowd was so very light, maybe the lightest I've ever seen during the regular day hours around 5pm. I thought that was a good sign of things to come but boy was I wrong. It was packed and the lines for rides never thinned out. Peter Pan stayed at a good 40 minutes all night and we never got on the Mine Train because it ran anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes all night. We kept putting it off hoping that the later it got the shorter the lines, but it just seemed to get more and more crowded as the night went on. We did enjoy the fireworks and the parade but we waited for the second parade hoping for a good spot but that didn't work out either. I have been to the Christmas party 4 times and the first 2 felt like we had rented out the parks for ourselves, but as the years have gone on it seems that they are letting more and more people in and it defeats the whole idea of the party if you ask me. I prefer the Christmas party over Halloween but special fireworks and a parade are not worth it for me. The low crowds were what I always went for and if they do away with that, I might as well just go to the MK on a regular day. Disney has gotten so bad about making that dollar that they are starting to price me right out of my yearly vacations.

Pros:

atmosphere

Cons:

The huge crowd takes away from the event

Reviewer: clane79 Review Date: 11/01/2014

We went on Tues 10/21 and it was just too crowded to enjoy anything. Rides lines were long, the character lines were long, even the candy lines were long. Parade route was crowded, fireworks were crowded. If you wanted to do anything you had to stand in line or spend your time staking out a spot. This was not worth the price in my opinion. The few things we wanted to do we didn't get to do, it ended up being a very frustrating night with disappointed kids. To top it off the monorail was down at the end of the night and it was chaos getting on the ferry.

Pros:

Good parade and fireworks

Cons:

TOO CROWDED

Reviewer: Lorie Review Date: 09/27/2018

I had the pleasure of taking a co-worker to the party on 9/21/18. It was her first time visiting any park, so it was thrilling just for that fact. We dressed up and had a wonderful time. Ride lines were terrific (maybe 10 min average) & the Meet/Greet lines were maybe 15-25 min.

Pros:

short lines and able to see the whole park !!!

Cons:

Candy lines were pretty long, but it didn't deter us at all.

Reviewer: prncsmom Review Date: 09/25/2016

This was our first time attending the party and will likely be our last. We attended on Tuesday, September 20, 2016. We arrived early (we had park hopper passes for the week) and the park was already hopping - unbeknownst to us this was a night Disney offered discount admissions to cast members, so it added to the crowds. We got our bags and wrist bands and then the down pour happened. People were trying to take cover while they cleared out the park of non-party attendees. It was a bit chaotic to say the least. The trick or treat lines were long and going from station to station ate up a bulk of our time. We did a ride or two, but it was that or wait for character photos and not trick or treat. We did manage to see the second parade because we stopped to take a break and the cast member said now would be a good time to secure seats. It was a good, but not great parade. We did see some of the last of the night Hocus Pocus show - our son was tired and we decided to leave a bit early...as well as everyone else did staying at the resorts. Getting a bus back to the hotel was not easy and the drivers were impatient and frankly a bit rude to cram as many people on as they could - the other passengers who had never attended felt the party wasn't worth the price either. That was a theme we ran into for the remainder of the week - just not worth it. For the money - use it for park hoppers or add the water park or treat yourself to something nice to take home - the party was average and not worth it in our opinion.

Pros:

Lots of Candy

Cons:

Over crowded, tremendously long waits for photos, hard to see the parade, show and trick or treat

Reviewer: BarbD Review Date: 09/21/2016

It was so crowded and we couldn't enjoy the shows, people were placing their kids on their shoulders (which I can understand) but it made it so difficult to enjoy the show. Line for rides too long. Didn't even bother. Was like being there during the day. Parade crowds were 6 rows deep, couldn't really see. They were directing the crowds throughout the park which made it seem like the park was even smaller. I went years ago and it was an amazing experience, on and off the rides you could see the shows and parades. Sad to say but I think Disney is becoming way too crowded and no longer enjoyable.

Pros:

Lots of cute costumes

Cons:

Crowds