Reviews of Mama Melrose's Lunch/Dinner

Read more about Mama Melrose including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewer: KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

We tried this for the first and last time this past trip. We did the Fantasmic Package and got there at 14:30 for the meal. English was not our servers 1st language and we had a few issues there. Half of the people loved the food and half hated it. I downgraded this rating even further because of the fantasmic voucher. My family had decided not to go to fantasmic because it was at 21:00 hours but I wanted to get the voucher and give it to someone to get good seats. The rest of my family left and I sat for 25 minutes waiting. You would have thought they wanted the table but no, No one came near me. We ate those louse desert trip to get the voucher. With all of Hollywoods good restaurants we won't be back.

Pros:

Cons:

The service or lack of

Reviewer: PolynesianStitch Review Date: 06/17/2018

Had the Fantasmic package and it worked well.
We had a serving of Saltimbuca and one of ribs, both were quite good. Good serving sizes and nice choice of desserts. Lighting was dim for midday.

Pros:

good food

Reviewer: memakwed Review Date: 05/09/2018

We had the dp. There were 5 Disney "adults". One was 14. The appetizer was removed from the fantastic package. The waiter tried to da they replaced it with an alcoholic beverage which wasn't true, that's offered with all meals this year. We all ordered steak, and everyone loved it as always. We ordered two calamari apps for the table pop. It was good but I liked the old dipping sauces better, probably won't get it again. The bread and olive il for dipping was yummy and our server replenished them. I'm not a fan of the dessert sampler but at that point I was beyond stuffed. The seats for fantasmic were in Scar on the aisle next to the Mickey section pretty close to center a little left at best. We'll do it again next year. This is our third dinner of the trip and so far the best.

Pros:

fantasmic package,atmosphere

Cons:

changed whats in fantasmic package

Reviewer: nurseleslie Review Date: 03/08/2018

We got the Fantasmic dining package and booked several months out. The reason we booked it was you trade the option to pick your desert on the dining plan for an appetizer which is not usually included. Well they changed what you get with the package without letting anyone know. Now they dropped the price by 3 bucks and eliminated the appetizer. You still get the horrible desert sampler, instead of choosing your own desert, but no appetizer. This means that you would pay almost 10 dollars to get worse seating at fantastic than those with fastpasses. The food tasted good, but the portions were very small for the price. The side for the steak was 12 penne noodles. Now that is ridiculous. While we were still eating my son was googling snacks in Hollywood Studios so he could get something else to eat. I highly recommend that you don't get this package at all. I actually won't be back to the restaurant at all. The menu has changed and not for the best. As an aside they have one thing on the menu called a specialty beverage and it is not a specialty beverage included on the dining plan. New menu, but they didn't even think to change that? All together a really bad experience. The waitress was amazing though so that was something

Pros:

food tasted good

Cons:

value, information to customers

Reviewer: Deborah1017 Review Date: 02/03/2018

Made reservations prior arrival, had a short wait to be seated. They texted me when table was ready so that was nice. This was by far the best meal we had during our stay - and we ate high end to quick service. The calamari was excellent, crispy and flavorful. The mushroom flatbread was the best thing I have eaten in years - it was that good. Full of mushrooms, cheese and a very tasty white sauce of some kind. I am still dreaming of this pizza a week later! Daughter had chicken and pasta dish which she loved. The desert trio was just ok - not crazy about any of the three we tried. Service good, nice pace to meal not rushed. By far one of the best choices at WDW!

Pros:

Excellent Food

Cons:

A bit of a wait - even with reservations

Reviewer: LiaElf76 Review Date: 10/18/2017

I’ve eaten at Mama Melrose’s several times over the last few years and remembered the food being good. When I was there this past weekend, I was treated to a disappointing experience. I ordered my food and drink at the same time. About a minute later, before my drink order had been filled, my order of chicken parm arrived. It was barely warm, the chicken was dry, and there wasn’t much sauce.

When my waiter came with my drink and inquired about the food, I told him that I felt like the chicken parm had been sitting around and I was the unlucky one to order it. He told me that no, in fact the food does come out that quickly. But he took my plate back for a new one regardless.

Sure enough, about a minute later he was back with a fresh plate. Yes, it was warmer, the chicken was juicier, and it had more sauce. All good things. But it still was a rather bland dish overall. It wasn’t any better than what you could get at a chain Italian restaurant but at least there soup or salad would be included with the meal!

Needless to say, I won’t be rushing back. The food at PizzaRizzo that I had to pass on the way smelled just as good.

Pros:

Food arrived quickly

Cons:

Food wasn’t very good

Reviewer: DaninNH Review Date: 10/10/2017

We ate there last week. We sat for quite a while before any server stopped by the table. We finally ordered drinks and our food while we had her - the server said she would be back with drinks and bread. She was gone for quite a while and before she returned, our 3 plates of food arrived. The two Chick-parm meals were, at best, barely warm. And very little sauce - really dry. The penne alla vodka came hot at least. All three meals were bland. Reminded us of cafeteria quality. Shan't be returning there anytime soon.

Pros:

Food arrived quickly once we were able to order.

Cons:

Food arrived too quickly, food quality

Reviewer: mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/10/2017

With this being one of the few tableservice meals in Hollywood Studios we were excited to try this place. The pizza is literally the star of the show here. You can watch them hand roll the dough and fire the pizzas in the brick ovens while you wait for your table. My husband had the chicken parm and liked it but not as much as my pizza. The only bad thing about this restaurant is its a little too dark for me but other than that it was great!

Pros:

Great theming

Cons:

A little too dark

Reviewer: RAIN Review Date: 08/25/2017

My family of 6 adults ate here on August 8 for a 12 noon seating for the Fantasmic Package.
The food was delicious but way too much. We had so much food we could not eat it all. The steak diner is excellent as well as the chicken parm. We started out with the flatbread which is very good but filling. By the time dessert came we were all to full to eat much of it. We have been here several times and have never been disappointed.

Pros:

Setting and Food

Cons:

too much food

Reviewer: Tammie613 Review Date: 07/24/2017

Celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary at Mama Melrose our waiter Kevin was by far the best waiter we have ever had. Kevin was very attentive and went above and beyond for our family. The food was amazing. Would Highly recommend.

Pros:

Waiter/ food