Reviews of Mama Melrose's Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano Dining Location

Cuisines: Italian
Read more about Mama Melrose including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by debg33 Review Date: 06/08/2019

Always a must do each trip. Service and food is always good. We do the Fantasmic! package which is worth the money. The section for seating for the show is great.

Pros:

Fantasmic! package, good food

Cons:

With the package, each person receives a dessert sampler which is good. However, not everyone is likes or is able to eat all of them. I wish you could choose one of the desserts from the menu.

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 05/07/2019

Mama Melrose's was a default choice. We were badly treated at Hollywood Brown Derby on our last trip, and Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time are not worth the money. However, we were pleasantly surprised with the food at Mama Melrose's and would return again. I had the cioppino, which was not in the style I am used to (no pasta), and my dining companions enjoyed their choices. We all appreciated that our pasta was al dente, and not mushy ala Olive Garden. Our server was attentive and cheerful, and the setting is fun, if noisy and busy. Desserts were good.

Pros:

Good service; decent food

Cons:

Noisy and busy

Reviewed by MassMike Review Date: 04/18/2019

Service is not so great, kinda pricey

Pros:

Good quality food and portions

Cons:

Long wait for service, can be crowded and noisy, very pricey for the dinner package

Reviewed by HunterBill Review Date: 01/14/2019

Ate here with the Fantasmic package in January as we have for the last several visits to the Studios. As usual, we felt well taken care of. Was surprised with a short term special were 3 appetizers for 5 people was included with the package. We remember getting apps before and feel that one appetizer for every 2 people actually works out better. Daughter with gluten allergy was thrilled to be able to get pasta. I had the steak, which has always been good, and felt that though the taste and doneness was excellent didn't have the char that I really liked.

Pros:

gluten free pasta

Cons:

lack of char

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 01/08/2019

Ate here for the first time in September during the Food and Wine Festival. Atmosphere was good, wait was short. We were seated at a two person table along the wall sort of off to the side so would have liked to be more on interior but no big issue. Food came out quickly and waiter was very good. Food was very good. Had a short rib over risotto and wife had I believe a chicken dish. We were on dining plan so drinks and desert were included. Desert sampler was average at best but ok. I am not an Italian fan; however, menu was good, food good and service was great!

Pros:

Service, great waiter, food

Cons:

desert sampler

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We really like the minestrone soup and the tiramisu dessert the rest was just ok.
had very good service
like the look of the place

Pros:

desert service

Cons:

just average food fun looking at all the stuff on the walls

Reviewed by Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Not the worst meal I've had, but certainly not the best. Don't know why everyone raves about this place. I'm Irish and I make a better Italian meal. That being said, the waitress was a sweetheart. Good service, just boring food.

Pros:

Good service

Cons:

Bland food

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Decent Italian food. Nothing special. Good sized portions.

Pros:

Good sized portions. Can get the Fantastic dining package. Can usually get a reservation.

Cons:

Better themed dining in Hollywood Studios than this place.

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 09/29/2018

Our family of 4 ate here on our last Disney trip as part of my plan to try new restaurants every time we go. The check in staff was very friendly and accommodating to us since half our party was running late. The waiter was efficient but disinterested. The food was ok. My daughter isn’t really an Italian food lover and since they didn’t offer pizza she ordered a kids salmon. It was a very small portion. Overall, food was like what you would get at Olive Garden and the theming was ok. I can say we’ve been but there are better places to eat at DHS. I’d go to Sci-Fi Dine In before this place

Pros:

Easy to get into

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/27/2018

We ate here for lunch for the first time this trip, and I felt like it was a hidden gem. Even though two of us were stuck on a ride and late getting there they seated the rest of the party right on time. I really liked the theming and quiet atmosphere here. It was a nice reprieve from the hot, busy park. The food was good. I especially liked the caprese salad. The servers weren't overly friendly, but we had no problems. I would eat here again.

Pros:

nice break from the parks

Cons:

good food, but not outstanding

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios