Reviews of Mama Melrose's Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano Dining Location

Read more about Mama Melrose including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewer: HunterBill Review Date: 01/14/2019

Ate here with the Fantasmic package in January as we have for the last several visits to the Studios. As usual, we felt well taken care of. Was surprised with a short term special were 3 appetizers for 5 people was included with the package. We remember getting apps before and feel that one appetizer for every 2 people actually works out better. Daughter with gluten allergy was thrilled to be able to get pasta. I had the steak, which has always been good, and felt that though the taste and doneness was excellent didn't have the char that I really liked.

Pros:

gluten free pasta

Cons:

lack of char

Reviewer: mschu2112 Review Date: 01/08/2019

Ate here for the first time in September during the Food and Wine Festival. Atmosphere was good, wait was short. We were seated at a two person table along the wall sort of off to the side so would have liked to be more on interior but no big issue. Food came out quickly and waiter was very good. Food was very good. Had a short rib over risotto and wife had I believe a chicken dish. We were on dining plan so drinks and desert were included. Desert sampler was average at best but ok. I am not an Italian fan; however, menu was good, food good and service was great!

Pros:

Service, great waiter, food

Cons:

desert sampler

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We really like the minestrone soup and the tiramisu dessert the rest was just ok.
had very good service
like the look of the place

Pros:

desert service

Cons:

just average food fun looking at all the stuff on the walls

Reviewer: Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Not the worst meal I've had, but certainly not the best. Don't know why everyone raves about this place. I'm Irish and I make a better Italian meal. That being said, the waitress was a sweetheart. Good service, just boring food.

Pros:

Good service

Cons:

Bland food

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Decent Italian food. Nothing special. Good sized portions.

Pros:

Good sized portions. Can get the Fantastic dining package. Can usually get a reservation.

Cons:

Better themed dining in Hollywood Studios than this place.

Reviewer: nlg0517 Review Date: 09/29/2018

Our family of 4 ate here on our last Disney trip as part of my plan to try new restaurants every time we go. The check in staff was very friendly and accommodating to us since half our party was running late. The waiter was efficient but disinterested. The food was ok. My daughter isn’t really an Italian food lover and since they didn’t offer pizza she ordered a kids salmon. It was a very small portion. Overall, food was like what you would get at Olive Garden and the theming was ok. I can say we’ve been but there are better places to eat at DHS. I’d go to Sci-Fi Dine In before this place

Pros:

Easy to get into

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewer: Colleen Review Date: 09/27/2018

We ate here for lunch for the first time this trip, and I felt like it was a hidden gem. Even though two of us were stuck on a ride and late getting there they seated the rest of the party right on time. I really liked the theming and quiet atmosphere here. It was a nice reprieve from the hot, busy park. The food was good. I especially liked the caprese salad. The servers weren't overly friendly, but we had no problems. I would eat here again.

Pros:

nice break from the parks

Cons:

good food, but not outstanding

Reviewer: Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

I want to say something good becquse in the past i loved this place..but last time was horrible waitress was a total ditz and forgot my meal completly and then brought out.wrong thing

Pros:

Used to be good food

Cons:

Service is bad

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

Mama Melrose's is located inside Disney's Hollywood Studios and requires park admission to eat there. They tend to be extremely busy so I would highly recommend reservations (which can be made up to 180 days in advance via 407-WDW-DINE).

The theming is very cute and the menu is made up of traditional Italian dishes. I have never tried anything here that I did not like. :) This trip I ordered the Shrimp and sun-dried tomatoes over gluten free pasta which was just delicious!! Add to that the fresh bread with olive oil - yum!!

My service was impeccable. My waitress stopped by to check on me just the right amount of/at the right times. Drink refills were automatic - I did not even have to ask. My server even brought me an ice tea to go.

Keep in mind that they have Disney prices - so it will be higher than what you would typically pay for home style Italian, but I still highly recommend Mama Melrose's!!

Pros:

Nice sit-down restaurant. I've never felt rushed when I've been there.

Cons:

Almost always need a reservation.

Reviewer: wdwfam9 Review Date: 09/26/2018

We were eating here for the Fantasmic Dinner Package. I don't know if we would return. The service was horrible, at some point I believe our waiter completely forgot he had tables to wait on. The food was not that great to have to wait forever for. I don't know that I would return, but I may just to give it a fair shot.

Pros:

dinner package

Cons:

waitstaff, food