Reviews of Kona Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/kona-cafe/child-lunch-dinner

Read prices, menu items, and more about Kona Cafe

Services: Table Service , Table Service

Reviewed by mg0914 Review Date: 02/04/2017

We checked in at Polynesian on 12/22 and had a noon reservation at Kona. We were seated on time and had a very pleasant meal here. I've always liked Kona but my family hasn't always enjoyed it to be honest. But I'm happy to say we all very much enjoyed our lunch. Perhaps it was at least partially due to the fact that we were all very hungry after our flight. And perhaps it was partially due to us being excited to be just beginning our vacation and escaping the New England cold.

Our waitress was terrific and our appetizers came quickly. I've had Kona's crab cakes before and I was looking forward to them. They were just as good as I remembered! Other apps ordered were pot stickers and salads.

For entrees we ordered the Loco Moco, pork tacos and the Asian noodle bowl for entrees.

Kona flies under the radar for most people and while it wasn't the best meal of our trip, I believe everyone will be happy to go back. Before our meal was over we received a text that our room was ready! Perfect ending!

Pros:

great service, very good food

Reviewed by angela923 Review Date: 12/12/2016

Had dinner at the Kona Café on 12/9/16. The Kona Café is my favorite restaurant anywhere. This is the 1st time I would rate it less than a 10. The food was great as always, dessert perfect. the Pressed Pot of coffee has changed to Jofferys coffee from 100% Kona. So now you pay more for coffee much less quality. Kona blend is a better cup of coffee. This being said I will be back because it is still the Kona Café.

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Coffee pressed pot horrible

Reviewed by Tanasigirl Review Date: 09/27/2016

With ADR, we ate here on September 12, 2016, as we toured our way through the monorail resorts. A favorite first-night pastime. We decided to share two appetizers since the sweet bread and macadamia nut butter cannot be ignored.

We shared our favorites sticky wings and the California Luau roll. The sticky wings have a wonderful Polynesian glaze with just the right amount of mustard drizzled on top. Over time the portion size has gotten smaller, so I think this time we got 5 wings. The sushi was excellent. I had not had this one before with the pineapple included.

The restaurant is on the second floor of the lobby and is open-air, so it can be a bit loud at times. It has never stopped us from coming. Great wait staff and nice atmosphere to enjoy.

We were staying at the PORS, so we took a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then rode the resort monorail around to the Poly. Easy-peasy.

Pros:

Sticky wings!!!

Cons:

Can be noisy

Reviewed by Momof4 Review Date: 07/18/2016

We walked up at 5:00 on June 30 without an ADR and they were able to seat us so that alone was amazing. We have always loved Kona and it did not disappoint. We started off with the must have Lapu lapus and then the sweet bread and macadamia nut butter- delish! We had a mix of potstickers, sushi, red pepper soup and shrimp and chicken noodle bowls. Everything was absolutely delicious. We have never been disappointed here and I can not wait to go back!

Pros:

sushi,.noodle bowls

Reviewed by PolynesianStitch Review Date: 06/21/2016

Very busy when we were there. Service was somewhat slow as a result. Food was good. We had salmon and sushi and portions were a nice size, not too large, and quite tasty.

Pros:

Cons:

service a little slow

Reviewed by Koon Review Date: 01/01/2016

The sirloin was tremendous and the bread warm and sweet. Creme brûlée superb. Kids meal also got the thumbs up. An excellent experience!

Pros:

Food, service

Reviewed by MWS Review Date: 11/09/2015

We tried this place since we wanted to see the refurbishments to the Ceremonial House at the Polynesian. We had to wait about 10 past our ADR to be seated and the café was very busy, we were largely ignored by our server but noticed he was like that with most of the tables around us. The bread and butter are worth the price alone and the menu had something for everyone. The steak was well cooked and the sides were well prepared. The desserts were fine but not very memorable. Unless I was staying nearby, not sure I would go out of my way to eat there again. You can pretty much get the same steak at any of the Disney resorts.

Pros:

Bread

Cons:

Average food and service

Reviewed by Cstauffer1 Review Date: 11/01/2015

We loved the Kona Café. The service was great and the food was even better. Enjoyed the delicious lapu lapu cocktail which is served in a pineapple, which adds to the pineapple flavor. I hated to throw away the pineapple, but it looked silly trying to scoop it out. Loved the sweet Hawaiian bread that was served with a honey sweetened macadamia nut butter, had a hard time saving room for dinner after eating. My husband ordered the rack of lamb which they had to cook special for him since he has shellfish allergies and apparently they use some form of shellfish in their typical lamb rub. None-the-less he said his lamb was one of the best cooked lamb he'd ever had. For my entrée I had the seared scallops that was served with wakame seaweed salad and a Polynesian seasoned rice, which was incredibly delicious. I followed up my meal with the citrus tart, similar t key lime pie, and it was sweet but not too sweet. Unfortunately the entrée portion was small and had it not been for the bread and the dessert, I would have left hungry. But otherwise a great experience and one of the best meals we've had at Disneyworld.

Pros:

food and service

Cons:

portion size

Reviewed by purpleriz Review Date: 08/06/2015

We were staying at Bay Lake Tower and made a special trip over to the Kona Café for lunch on 7/31. A quick monorail ride and then over to Magic Kingdom makes for a nice break from the park during the hot part of the day. Thoroughly enjoyed the fish tacos! The shell was more like a fried chalupa shell and was crunchy and delicious. Pasta salad and slaw sides were ok, and enjoyed the chocolate torte dessert. Would definitely recommend and will return again.

Pros:

Not too crowded, nice choices of food

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by tcg Review Date: 07/18/2015

The menu options here are great, very different from usual hotel offerings. The Tuna Poke is beautifully presented and delicious, with just a hint of heat. I preferred over the one I had last week at Monsieur Paul which was very heavy on mustard. The sushi is always very good and the appetizer menu cannot be beaten anywhere. The Pot Stickers and Sticky Wings are a must have, but all of the choices are delicious. Service is very relaxed, some may find it slow.

Pros:

Terrific food

Cons:

Service can be slow

Other topics in Polynesian Village