Reviews of 'Ohana Dinner

Family Style brought to your table

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/ohana/dinner

AllEars Review: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/10/ohana_1.html

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 10/04/2018

From the beginning, this was by far the worst character meal I have ever done. Reservations appear to not be actually reservations, but an assurance you will get in at some point. For us, this was an hour later. Mickey had a roped line, just like the park. Not typical for a character meal. When I asked if Mickey would be at the meal( as advertised) I was told Mickey was “stationary” at that spot. Disappointing- then the photographer was not nice at all. She spoke with an extremely mean tone. Once seated. My party of 8 received one small tray of food- not enough for all to be served. They were behind and weren’t able to bring more for 30 minutes. All the while we see stitch and lilo on the other side of the dining room happily interacting with tables. At this time it is getting closer to the end of the breakfast serving and the restaurant closing. Pluto appears on the side with lilo and stitch, following behind them. Still no characters on our side. Without fail there was no more time. Just like the food, the characters were behind. Then Mickey appears, interacting at opposite tables(after we stood in the line and were told he would not). A man appears asking mine and surrounding tables if we had seen the characters and told us to raise our hands so the characters would know and stop. When they did arrive in our area- it was a mad free for all because it was over. The photographer was rushing everyone to step away for her shot and kids were everywhere- characters bunches up rushing and it was horrible! NOT what we paid for nor expected. My advice, save your money and visit the beach resort. The characters came to the table, hugged everyone, had a short interaction and allowed you to take your picture. Obama had the Disney Evan your card photographer calling the shot, making you leave the table and controlled the characters.

Pros:

? Hmmmm unfortunately, there weren’t any stand out pros

Cons:

Not the character experience you pay for or what’s true to “Disney”, delivered tray for 5 to table of 8, 30 minutes to bring more and not friendly!

Reviewer: Rosie C Review Date: 10/01/2018

I can’t believe it took us so long to eat here! All the good reviews are true, this place is dynamite. The bread pudding was so good, when they tell you to leave room they aren’t lying. I love that you get a bar drink and a regular drink with the dining plan.

Pros:

Bread pudding, food in general

Cons:

Our table didn’t seem to be on the radar sometimes and the other tables were getting visited a bit more

Reviewer: Nat Review Date: 09/30/2018

This is my absolute favourite place to eat! Love the food selections and the meat is delicious.

Pros:

Family style buffet with something for everyone

Cons:

None!

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/29/2018

Best dinner ever!

Pros:

Service was great and food was delicious.

Cons:

Expensive

Reviewer: Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

The best food hands down in walt disney world love to go here every trip

Pros:

Best food all you can eat

Cons:

Pricy for kids and hard to get a reservation

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

was good but not as good as I hoped for according to all the reviews

Pros:

great service and food a plenty

Cons:

crowed and noisey

Reviewer: SCOTTMOP Review Date: 08/27/2018

I think this is the best dinner value at Disney. The amount of food you get. You get wings, noodles, veggies, etc. Start with delicious bread. The meat is yummy. Chicken, shrimp and steak. I prefer the shrimp and steak.if you don't like how something is cooked just tell your server and they will make sure you get what you want. We got some steak that was a little rare and told our server who then brought steak that was cooked right. don't be afraid to ask. THe bread pudding for dessert is to die for. They also make some of the best alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks here. so good we ate here twice on our trip and both times were great

Pros:

delicious food and atmosphere

Cons:

Reviewer: Disneydad7506 Review Date: 08/01/2018

This was our sixth time having dinner at Ohana and as always the food was excellent. It was a Thursday evening and we only had to wait 10 minutes for our table. The service that night was a big disappointment. Our waiters were rushing us through the meal and were not very attentive. The appetizers and salad came out together and within a few minutes the grilled meats very being put on our plates. We asked the server politely to wait on the meats, but he just put them on our plates anyway. This all happened before they even took our drink order. When we finally got our drinks we were being told our dessert was on the way! I did inform one of the managers that we were disappointed in the service that evening and her response was that they were extremely busy and she was even having to clean the tables herself! Hopefully this was just a off night for the staff at Ohana.

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Rushed, poor service

Reviewer: Dsnygrl Review Date: 07/06/2018

Excellent service and entertainment while we ate dinner. Servers did rush a little bit as all the food courses were brought to the table without allowing time to enjoy each course. The Pot Stickers are the best I have ever had and the wings are great. The salad dressing is light and slightly sweet without being over powering. Three type of meat are served, chicken, top sirloin and peel and eat shrimp in shell, all grilled over an open fire pit. The chicken was tasty and not too dry. The sirloin was hit or miss depending on its placement on the skewer. the shrimp were my favorite. The highlight of dinner was the banana foster bread pudding. Make sure you save lots of room for this. Our server was very attentive and brought out seconds and then thirds of the dessert as the portion they bring out is really better suited for a single serving and we were a party of three. maybe they figure by the time we got to dessert we would be full? I highly recommend this restaurant for dinner!

Pros:

Location and service

Cons:

Rushed dining

Reviewer: KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

How much does my family like this place? We eat dinner there twice every trip and 3 out of 5 trips we have had breakfast as well. This time the service was great and so was the food. I was surprised that the grilled chicken was the big winner in my family this time. The 1st time our waiter was great, he brought out 2 trays of desert and when one of my daughter maternal great aunts grabbed one and said MINE in a loud voice he just turned around and brought a 3rd tray without being asked.

Pros:

Food and great atmosphere