Reviews of 'Ohana Dinner

Family Style brought to your table

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/ohana/dinner

AllEars Review: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/10/ohana_1.html

Reviewer: SCOTTMOP Review Date: 08/27/2018

I think this is the best dinner value at Disney. The amount of food you get. You get wings, noodles, veggies, etc. Start with delicious bread. The meat is yummy. Chicken, shrimp and steak. I prefer the shrimp and steak.if you don't like how something is cooked just tell your server and they will make sure you get what you want. We got some steak that was a little rare and told our server who then brought steak that was cooked right. don't be afraid to ask. THe bread pudding for dessert is to die for. They also make some of the best alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks here. so good we ate here twice on our trip and both times were great

Pros:

delicious food and atmosphere

Cons:

Reviewer: Disneydad7506 Review Date: 08/01/2018

This was our sixth time having dinner at Ohana and as always the food was excellent. It was a Thursday evening and we only had to wait 10 minutes for our table. The service that night was a big disappointment. Our waiters were rushing us through the meal and were not very attentive. The appetizers and salad came out together and within a few minutes the grilled meats very being put on our plates. We asked the server politely to wait on the meats, but he just put them on our plates anyway. This all happened before they even took our drink order. When we finally got our drinks we were being told our dessert was on the way! I did inform one of the managers that we were disappointed in the service that evening and her response was that they were extremely busy and she was even having to clean the tables herself! Hopefully this was just a off night for the staff at Ohana.

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Rushed, poor service

Reviewer: Dsnygrl Review Date: 07/06/2018

Excellent service and entertainment while we ate dinner. Servers did rush a little bit as all the food courses were brought to the table without allowing time to enjoy each course. The Pot Stickers are the best I have ever had and the wings are great. The salad dressing is light and slightly sweet without being over powering. Three type of meat are served, chicken, top sirloin and peel and eat shrimp in shell, all grilled over an open fire pit. The chicken was tasty and not too dry. The sirloin was hit or miss depending on its placement on the skewer. the shrimp were my favorite. The highlight of dinner was the banana foster bread pudding. Make sure you save lots of room for this. Our server was very attentive and brought out seconds and then thirds of the dessert as the portion they bring out is really better suited for a single serving and we were a party of three. maybe they figure by the time we got to dessert we would be full? I highly recommend this restaurant for dinner!

Pros:

Location and service

Cons:

Rushed dining

Reviewer: KenHutch Review Date: 06/25/2018

How much does my family like this place? We eat dinner there twice every trip and 3 out of 5 trips we have had breakfast as well. This time the service was great and so was the food. I was surprised that the grilled chicken was the big winner in my family this time. The 1st time our waiter was great, he brought out 2 trays of desert and when one of my daughter maternal great aunts grabbed one and said MINE in a loud voice he just turned around and brought a 3rd tray without being asked.

Pros:

Food and great atmosphere

Reviewer: TiggerTrigger Review Date: 03/15/2018

We have been to 'Ohana for dinner multiple times. We go in expecting a long wait to be seated, but a fun and relaxing dining experience with great food to follow. The food this time was still good...well, except for a change in the dumplings (not sure if they changed a recipe or vendor, but the were not what they used to be)...but everything else with the meal was bizarre.

We had an 8:20pm ADR. We checked in at 8:05pm and were seated at 8:10pm. That has NEVER happened. We have always waited 30-40 minutes to be seated for dinner at 'Ohana. So, we knew something had to be up.

Our server was very friendly, but I found it odd that our appetizers were being placed on the table right as he was taking our drink orders. Just a couple of minutes later, he came by with the meat and was forcing it upon us. We asked him to wait, but in a sort of fun be part of the party 'Ohana style way...he insisted. Not only did he give us meat at that point, he loaded it onto our plates on top of the appetizers we literally just served ourselves. To give you some perspective, he unloaded a completely full skewer of shrimp onto my 11 year old's plate. Every time he came by, he loaded more food on top of food.

The meal was so rushed and poorly paced that we were being moved onto dessert about 30 min after being seated. They were also finally getting me my lapu lapu that I'd ordered at the beginning of the meal at this time. The drink was also poorly mixed.

By the time we were finishing up our bread pudding and paying out the check, we'd been there for about 45 minutes. We lingered a little longer so I could try and have a little more of my drink, but we were done at some point between the 50-55 minute mark.

Our server was kind enough to give us the passholder discount even if we're not passholders, so that was a plus. Still, we all kind of stood there looking at each other like "what just happened?" I just can't believe how rushed it was...and how that kind of pacing just destroys the experience.

I think we'd still go back to 'Ohana at some point, but I really hope Disney quits this nonsense and goes back to pushing for more normal meal pacing.

Pros:

The Majority of the Food

Cons:

Speed Dining

Reviewer: ginny3 Review Date: 02/06/2018

For 3 months I attempted to snag an ADR at Ohana with no luck.
When we checked in to our resort I asked Concierge to check for me for any day of our stay and he was able to get one for us albeit a bit late in the evening. Early in the morning of our ADR I had them check again and we were able to move the time to a reasonable hour.
Awesome food and atmosphere. We were very lucky to be seated at a window table that had a fantastic view of MK fireworks.

Pros:

Fireworks viewing a plus

Reviewer: jeconk Review Date: 01/08/2018

After hearing many others rave about this restaurant, we decided to give it a try for dinner. We choose dinner because we are not really into character meals and don't have any young children.

Not being a big fan of Polynesian food, I was somewhat nervous about eating here but boy was I wrong! The food is wonderful and very good even for a picky eater like me.

We were fortunate to get a table by the window facing the pool and Magic Kingdom just as the sun was going down so we got to see the lights coming on at the park. After we were seated, our waitress, Houda, came over. She explained how dinner works at Ohana and took our drink orders. She was very personable and we enjoyed her service.

Everything (except the meat) is served family style with serving plates placed on the table so each person could take as much or as little of each item as they liked. Houda told us that if we wanted more of any one item to let her know. The first course was a tossed salad with "Lilikoi" dressing. The dressing tasted pretty much like italian. Typical salad....don't fill up on this course because the best is yet to come...

Next we were brought a plate that had chicken wings, terriyaki noodles, pork dumplings and stir fry vegetables. There was more than enough of each item on this plate for the four of us!! (in fact, we couldn't eat it all.). Then came the main course(s). Houda came first with two skewers of chicken and put some on each persons plate....right off the skewer! The chicken was very moist, had a good flavor and was tender. Next, our waitresses came with two skewers of steak and did the same thing. The steak had an ok flavor (chicken was more flavorful) but was tender. Finally, she arrived with two skewers of grilled shrimp. Since I don't like shrimp, I skipped this course (everyone else just gave me some of their steak or chicken....although the waitress said she could bring more of any meat we wanted.) Those who ate the shrimp said it too was flavorful and tasty. There was more than enough meat for the four of us (and of course we were asked if we wanted more...)

Finally came the dessert....make sure you save room for this....Ohana Bread Pudding. I am not a fan of bread pudding but this is possibly the best bread pudding that I have ever had. Houda poured the warm sauce over it right at our table when she served it. (it was served family style like everything else). This was a wonderful ending to the meal (and the part we almost asked for more of....lol.).

While this is not a character breakfast, there was entertainment during the meal. A Hawaiian gentleman sang traditional songs and even taught a class in the hula for anyone brave enough to go up. Entertainment was a nice addition and not over the top.

The cost of this meal can be high for a large family but after all it is Disney World! This restaurant is definately one of the must do meals for those visiting Disney and is worth the cost.

Pros:

Great food served family style so each person can pick and choose and eat as much or as little as they want. Dessert is out of this world!

Cons:

Must make reservations far in advance.

Reviewer: Luvtheparks Review Date: 11/13/2017

Was looking forward to a much hyped dinner here. Started with Cousin somebody (so loud in restaurantt didn't catch her name) telling us to take our time, she's there all night - that is, as long as you don't mind being rushed through dinner. Salad arrived then family style apps (pretty good) then they brought the chicken (thighs on a skewer) slimy and my least favorite type of chicken. Then came the peel and eat rubber shrimp followed by the VERY rare chewy skewered beef. Honestly, the dessert was the best part of the meal (which we ate with no coffee or addition beverages offered) Not sure why this place has such a great reputation and a loyal following. Perhaps just an off night? Definitely not worth the price - this was a one and done.

Pros:

Trying to think of any

Cons:

Wait time, food, waitstaff

Reviewer: MichelleR Review Date: 10/07/2017

We love this restaurant! We had stumbled upon this one trip and couldn’t wait to go back and take our family. We were thrilled when we went back for our vacation with our extended family and children and everyone loved it. It is a new restaurant to add to our list of favorites. Food delicious, great quality, friendly staff and atmosphere. Drinks were all on point. The only thing that we had a slight issue with is we asked for some additional noodles and dumplings and this took a very very long time. Service this night was a little slow (our kids wanted to get back into the park and were getting antsy) but other than that we loved it and can’t wait to go back!

Pros:

Delicious tasting food, friendly staff, portion size

Cons:

Slower service

Reviewer: Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 08/31/2017

Dinner was great! Lots and lots of good food. I would say that they should change out the shrimp with something else. It was not that great and very hard to eat. My son loves shrimp and the server gave him lots, which was nice, but he ate one...I did as well. Other than that, we really enjoyed the dinner and would definitely come back.