Reviews of 'Ohana Dinner

View Menus at 'Ohana Dining Location

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic
Family Style brought to your table

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/ohana/dinner

AllEars Review: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/10/ohana_1.html

Reviewed by debg33 Review Date: 06/08/2019

We used to do the character breakfast here so now that the children are adults and have heard so much about dinner here, we were able to get a reservation for our trip in May. Again, we felt both rushed and ignored. The bread was not what we remembered and were somewhat disappointed, unless they serve a different one at breakfast. The noodles, etc. came out right after the salad. We like to enjoy each courses at a leisurely pace. Before we knew it, our server was coming around with the chicken. The salad, noodles, chicken and shrimp were delicious. The steak was very tough and not cooked. My nephew likes his meat rare and would not eat a lot of it because it wasn't cooked. After the first round of meats, we sat waiting for a long time before our server came back with more skewers. This would be one of the reservations I may make again if available but I would not be disappointed if I could not make one.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Steak not cooked

Reviewed by lauridg Review Date: 05/26/2019

We had been here on a previous trip and enjoyed it, so we decided at the last minute to go here again. Unfortunately we did not have a good experience, and probably will not be back. Our hostess was very nice and we were seated by a window with a lake view, and the first round of food was brought out quickly. The salad was the best tasting food of our meal. Those were the positives...The steak tasted more like beef jerky, it was quite a while before we saw any other meat (or anybody...). When we declined more meat (since we had sat there for a while filling up on salad and noodles, and now were full), we got a weird attitude like we were crazy for turning down the food! (the whole thing was really strange!) We are not picky eaters, but it was not an enjoyable meal. Even the wait staff seemed grumpy with each other. I will chalk it up to an "off" night, but with so many other options to choose from, we won't be back.

Pros:

salad was tasty

Cons:

meats were not well prepared, sangria was tasteless, wait staff not up to Disney standards

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

Out favorite place to eat.

Pros:

Food is delicious

Cons:

Don’t have any

Reviewed by BSinclair1014 Review Date: 04/17/2019

LOVE O'Hana! The food was delicious and our waiter was a lot of fun and very attentive. We sat near a window on our last trip and had a nice view of the fireworks. I absolutely love the theme of the Polynesian and we always stop here during our visits.

Pros:

The food was delicious. The theme of the Polynesian.

Cons:

I can't think of any - we loved our experience.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/18/2019

My second favorite meal during our trip

Pros:

The service, atmosphere, and food were all really good!!

Cons:

booked too early in the day, so we weren't hungry enough to really eat enough to make the price of this meal work. Wish we could have eaten more.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/04/2018

From the beginning, this was by far the worst character meal I have ever done. Reservations appear to not be actually reservations, but an assurance you will get in at some point. For us, this was an hour later. Mickey had a roped line, just like the park. Not typical for a character meal. When I asked if Mickey would be at the meal( as advertised) I was told Mickey was “stationary” at that spot. Disappointing- then the photographer was not nice at all. She spoke with an extremely mean tone. Once seated. My party of 8 received one small tray of food- not enough for all to be served. They were behind and weren’t able to bring more for 30 minutes. All the while we see stitch and lilo on the other side of the dining room happily interacting with tables. At this time it is getting closer to the end of the breakfast serving and the restaurant closing. Pluto appears on the side with lilo and stitch, following behind them. Still no characters on our side. Without fail there was no more time. Just like the food, the characters were behind. Then Mickey appears, interacting at opposite tables(after we stood in the line and were told he would not). A man appears asking mine and surrounding tables if we had seen the characters and told us to raise our hands so the characters would know and stop. When they did arrive in our area- it was a mad free for all because it was over. The photographer was rushing everyone to step away for her shot and kids were everywhere- characters bunches up rushing and it was horrible! NOT what we paid for nor expected. My advice, save your money and visit the beach resort. The characters came to the table, hugged everyone, had a short interaction and allowed you to take your picture. Obama had the Disney Evan your card photographer calling the shot, making you leave the table and controlled the characters.

Pros:

? Hmmmm unfortunately, there weren’t any stand out pros

Cons:

Not the character experience you pay for or what’s true to “Disney”, delivered tray for 5 to table of 8, 30 minutes to bring more and not friendly!

Reviewed by Rosie C Review Date: 10/01/2018

I can’t believe it took us so long to eat here! All the good reviews are true, this place is dynamite. The bread pudding was so good, when they tell you to leave room they aren’t lying. I love that you get a bar drink and a regular drink with the dining plan.

Pros:

Bread pudding, food in general

Cons:

Our table didn’t seem to be on the radar sometimes and the other tables were getting visited a bit more

Reviewed by Nat Review Date: 09/30/2018

This is my absolute favourite place to eat! Love the food selections and the meat is delicious.

Pros:

Family style buffet with something for everyone

Cons:

None!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/29/2018

Best dinner ever!

Pros:

Service was great and food was delicious.

Cons:

Expensive

Reviewed by Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

The best food hands down in walt disney world love to go here every trip

Pros:

Best food all you can eat

Cons:

Pricy for kids and hard to get a reservation

Other topics in Polynesian Village