Reviews of Biergarten - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Biergarten Restaurant Dining Location

Cuisines: German, American

Cuisines: German, American
Read more about Biergarten including links to the menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/biergarten

Buffet - Lunch/Dinner
Live Entertainment
Germany - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by EeyoreLove Review Date: 01/01/2016

Used to be so amazing and always on our "must do" list, but this is sadly no longer the case. We dined the middle of Dec 2015. The wait past our ADR was 45 mins and, although CMs tried to stop people as best they could, somehow the waiting area has become a "secret smoking" area, which made it even more uncomfortable. Once we were inside, the food was as amazing as ever! However, we found ourselves going to the buffet at just the wrong time and it took almost 30 mins to get through our 2nd plate (hot food). No big deal, we thought, as it took everyone else that long. Well, our server was taking the check of the other half of our table when we returned and told us flatly she thought we'd left. (They had small kids and only went to the buffet once.) She never refilled our drinks, even after being asked and she never asked if we wanted more bier. To top it off, they re-set the other half of our table with new people before we finished our main course! It was so awkward and uncomfortable we left before dessert. I was hoping it was a fluke, but I spoke to a relative who was there in Nov, she also had rude service. I'll really miss the food though, we've gone every trip since it opened but that's the last.

Pros:

Delicious food

Cons:

Service, Wait time past ADR

Reviewed by NJDzneMom Review Date: 12/12/2015

We dined at the Biergarten on Dec 3, 2015. We are fans of German food and like to visit this restaurant when we visit Disney. The food on the buffet was very plentiful and my entire family were very pleased with all of their food choices. From the schnitzel to the sauerbraten, we were impressed with the quality of food. The service was adequate. We also enjoyed the show - specially focused on German Christmas carols at this time of the year. The restaurant was also decorated nicely for the season.

Pros:

Food quality, atmosphere

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/05/2015

The Biergarten is one of the places our granddaughter insists one eating at when we come to Disney. They have really good food and normally the lines are not too long at the Buffet.

Pros:

Great Food and entertainment

Reviewed by ars0525 Review Date: 11/16/2015

2 adults, 11-7-15, 1:30pm, we get the AP discount
I have eaten here before & love it! Brought the BF 1st time & he enjoyed it as well. We sat with 2 other groups of 3 & it was very enjoyable to chat. Got to see 2 shows...lots of fun to sing & hear the music. It was hot & crowded outside so wonderful to cool off & relax for a bit. Tried lots of food...all of it was so good!

Pros:

Fun, lively, the food!!!

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 11/08/2015

Ate here Oct. 21st for a late lunch. We haven't eaten here in many years so we thought we would revisit it. This place does not disappoint. Great selections on the buffet, and the desserts are to die for. Yum! We had very nice table mates who were easy to talk with during our meal. The only draw back to me, is the tables themselves are so close together that it's hard to get up to go to the buffet without bumping into the people on the next tables.

Pros:

Atmosphere, great food options

Cons:

close tables

Reviewed by Cstauffer1 Review Date: 11/01/2015

We've eaten here before and ate here again at my husband's request. The last time we ate here the food was excellent however this time most of the food was lacking in flavor which was also similar to a previous experience I had here, so this restaurant can be a bit hit and miss. While the pretzel bread is always delicious as was the Bavarian cheesecake, most of the entrees were bland and overcooked, the salmon in dill sauce being the most flavorful entrée I tried. Service was good and the staff was very helpful.

Pros:

service, music, pretzle bread

Cons:

other food

Reviewed by CLHoward72 Review Date: 07/23/2015

This was our first time at this restaurant and we loved it. We made ADR for a later dinner to then go out and enjoy Illuminations and showed up about 20 minutes early. We were seated within about 5 minutes, at a table with another family of 4. As many reviews point out, smaller groups are seated together at the tables made for 8. We did not have a problem with this at all. They were a good family and fun to talk with about their visit. The food at the buffet was great, very tasty. I am not a huge German food person, but I was surprised at how much I ate! Even my 13-year old enjoyed her meal. We made multiple trips to the line, including for dessert. The show finally started towards the end of our meal so we waited and enjoyed that as well. Overall this was a great meal and we had no complaints. I would have no doubts about returning if we want a bigger, more expensive meal. Since this is a buffet, the cost is a bit higher than we normally spend, but it was all good. We loved the ambiance, food, service, and show. I highly recommend this location for everyone to try at least once.

Pros:

Food; ambiance

Reviewed by memakwed Review Date: 06/27/2015

We knew going into it there were tables of 8 and we were just 3. We were seated with another group of three and two. My husband didn't enjoy sitting with strangers and he said not to do this restaurant again for that reason. I was not feeling well for dinner so I was careful what I ate. DS for found but didn't really experience a lot of german foods. He enjoyed the cheeses salami and brat wurst and cucmber salad and rolls. MY husband and I tried more items- there was pot roast that was vinegar based, beef roulade- basically rolled with onions, warm potato salad cold beets cucumbers. It was all good. What I really liked was that the entertainment announced special occasions for people. Our waitress asked my husband how many years we were celebrating and our names. The announced our first names. we made it twenty years but there were couples for 50 and 60 years and they acknowledged everyone. That made it special. Desserts were average. We'd go back only if we had a larger group with us but the food is worth going for if you like german food.

Pros:

the entertainment

Cons:

group tables

Reviewed by John Review Date: 03/20/2015

Eating at The Biergarten has become a tradition with our family. We love the German food and atmosphere. It is always fun. Also the wait has never been long and the staff is always efficient and courteous.

Pros:

Great food and entertainment

Reviewed by Dsnygrl Review Date: 02/15/2015

We eat at Biergarten every trip and this time was no exception. Actually we ate there twice on our last vacation. I enjoy the buffet and the entertainment. They have made some changes to the items served. They removed the beer cheese soup from the lunch menu, replacing it with a potato soup. The soup was rather bland. I really missed the beer cheese soup which I thought was better than what I'd gotten at Le Cellier. They have added a few new salads to the cold bar, all were yummy. I especially liked the new fresh pickles. They still serve the schnitzelle (spelling?), but now only offer the hunter sauce. I miss the brown gravy. I also liked the spatzle with cheese. The struedel (spelling?) was wonderful as always. On both our meals we had great service. We will return for sure.

Pros:

food was wonderful

Cons:

they took the beer cheese soup off the menu
1 3 4 5 6 7 11