If you were lucky enough to get a reservation for Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during the May 31 – June 23 time frame, we have some tips to share with you to make your visit go smoothly.
Most importantly, just like when you travel “in real life” you will need your travel documentation.
To travel to Batuu you will need:
- Your Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation confirmation email with the QR code. You received this email when you made your reservation.
- Valid admission to Disneyland park for each guest included in the reservation.
- Your government-issued photo IDs for each guest age 18 and older.
- Items considered government-issued IDs include, but are not limited to: a driver’s license, passport, military ID, government employee ID, and permanent resident card.
The guest who made the reservation is the primary guest, and they must be present and have all the items listed above. If the primary guest is not present your entire party will not be able to travel to Batuu.
Some notes on kids:
- All guests age 3 and older must have valid theme park admission and be listed on your Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation.
- Kids age 2 and younger will be able to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge with their party and do not need a reservation or theme park admission.
- Kids under 14 years old need to be accompanied by a park guest who is 14 years or older.
How to check in for your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge:
Again, just like “in-real life” travel, you need to check in — and check in at the correct location. If you go straight to the park’s entrance to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge you will not be allowed to enter the land. Here are all the details on checking in:
- Who: All guests on the reservation must be present at check in.
- Where: Check in on the first floor of Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland.
- When: You may check in up to two hours before your reservation start time. If you have an 8 a.m. reservation time you and your your party may enter the park at 6 a.m. Be aware; rides, attractions, and entertainment will not be be open until the park opens.
- What Happens:
- Your QR code will be scanned and all government-issued IDs will be checked.
- Each confirmed and eligible member of your party will be wristbanded. Keep your wristband on until your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has ended.
- You will be told by cast members which entrance to use to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Entering and Leaving Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge:
Finally! It’s time to get into the new land! Here’s how you’ll enter and leave Batuu.
At the beginning of your reservation time (and after you have checked in properly — see above!), go to the entrance you were assigned at check in. That’s it, no need to line up before your reservation time since your wristband gets you in at your assigned time.
When your four hours are up you will be required to leave the new land so others can visit Batuu.
Things to Remember:
- Dressing up and Disneybounding is encouraged — just be sure to stick to Disney’s costume policy. Guests 14 years and older can not wear costumes, but appropriate Disneybounding is allowed. Don’t know what DisneyBounding is? We can help! Disneybounding is when you dress up in everyday clothing items that when combined together represent Disney characters — see this photo of an R2D2 Disneybound outfit.
- Reservations are void if transferred or sold and have no cash value.
- Unused reservations are forfeited and will not be replaced.
Are you ready to visit Batuu? Do you have a reservation? Let us know in the comments, and remember to tag us @allearsnet in your photos!
Need more Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge info? Don't miss these posts:
- What We Saw When We Visited Disney World’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Hollywood Studios!
- Get the 411 on This Disney App Before Galaxy's Edge Opens
- Everything We Know So Far About Oga's Cantina
- You'll Never Guess Who You'll See at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- So Much to Buy! Preview Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge's Stores and Merchandise Here!
- Brand New Details! Rise of the Resistance in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- New Updates for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!