Reviews of Le Cellier Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Le Cellier Dining Location

Read more about Le Cellier including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Canada - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: Dave s Review Date: 04/19/2016

My wife and I had dinner reservation for 430. We were seated fairly quickly to a crowded seating area. I must say before I continue that we have been to every country for lunch and dinner in the Epcot world showcase. In fact, we go every month. We were saving Canada for last thinking and hearing that it was the best place to eat at world showcase. To make it short and sweat. We both had the steak dinners for 52$ and split a bowl of soup. The steak was great. Unfortunately, not much else came with it, the bread was nice but the side items the came with the steak were maybe two mouthfuls. Definitely not worth the 140 for 2 steaks and a bowl of soup and that's with water to drink.
Like I said, been at every single restaurant at world showcase multiple times. Don't waste your money here.
My favorites are still Germany for lunch, Mexico for dinner, rose and crown isn't bad and teppen edo is a safe bet

Pros:

Good steak

Cons:

Small portions of everything but steak

Reviewer: kjpc Review Date: 01/22/2016

We get to Orlando every few years or so and we had tried many years and times to get a reservation here and were unsuccessful. This time we finally got lucky and got a reservation.
I asked the waitress what they were best known for and she guided me to the filet and the fries with cheese & bacon. Just DELICIOUS. Wonderful. Not the kind of dining most can afford that regularly but this is the place to splurge and spoil yourself a little. We didn;t try any desert as we were full from our meal. But we left very satisfied.

Pros:

very good quality food

Cons:

it costs a lot

Reviewer: jmp31 Review Date: 01/07/2016

My wife and I were very impressed by the atmosphere as soon as we arrived. Our waiter was by far the best we had during our entire trip in which we had five "signature meals." The food was outstanding, and the portions were generous. We have decided that this is a "must visit" for our future visits. Give it a try, you will not regret it.

Reviewer: clayalex02 Review Date: 09/08/2015

This was our first meal in Disney and was our favorite meal in Disney. Since it was Mom and Sister's first visit, we shared the cheese soup and it was just as good as I remembered. The pretzel bread was enjoyed by everyone at the table. We all ordered the filet and all were cooked perfectly and melt in your mouth good. One of the best steaks I have had, even compared to our local famous steakhouse. We also ordered a poutine, not my favorite but it could have been the one we picked. for dessert, I had something plum and did not really care for it. Tried sister's cheesecake and the crème brule and while both liked theirs, I did not. Overall, we loved this meal and would come back here again. It is worth two dining points.

Pros:

everything

Cons:

nothing

Reviewer: Junebug21981 Review Date: 08/09/2015

DH had the Ribeye and I had the Filet. Both are amazing and were cooked perfectly! We also like to ask for only pretzel bread that they bring out at the beginning of your meal... YUM!

Reviewer: kirksheppard Review Date: 05/18/2015

Le Cellier has long been a tradition of my friend and I and when we can get a table, we go. We've actually waited standby a few times successfully but not without some stress in the lobby. This time, though, we were able to get a reservation for dinner. My friend ordered the cheddar cheese soup while I had the soup and a New York Strip steak, cooked medium. We were quite satisfied with our food and our server was very friendly, attentive, and we were very happy with our experience. Could I get a steak of this quality elsewhere for much less? Absolutely - but I wouldn't be at Le Cellier!

Pros:

Service, atmosphere

Cons:

Price

Reviewer: KatieAnn179 Review Date: 05/01/2015

I wish I'd read the reviews before booking a table here. My sister and I have tried unsuccessfully several times to get a reservation for either lunch or dinner at Le Cellier, and were delighted when we finally got one during our September 2014 trip. Firstly, the dining area is dark and 'atmospheric' - not ideal if you like to see what you're eating; secondly the tables are far too close together - I could literally have cut the meat dish of the lady sitting at the next table; thirdly, the prices are ridiculously expensive. My sister ordered the mushroom pasta, I chose the pork. Sis said the pasta lacked taste and had obviously been left under a heat lamp whilst the other dish was prepared. I had to send my pork dish back as it was undercooked. The server couldn't have been more disinterested if he'd tried and grudgingly took away my pink pork and returned with it literally two minutes later. The meat had obviously been microwaved and, although it was cooked through, it was as tough as a lumberjack's boot. The desserts were ok - maple brulee - but no real flavour and served up with a complete lack of interest. The tip reflected the service - not great, but at least it was something. The dining room itself was too dark - or 'atmospheric' to give it the Disney spin - and it was jammed. It was almost impossible to get out of your seat without hitting the chair behind you, and when a party arrived that had a wheelchair user amongst them, it involved several staff having to lift chairs out of the way and ask patrons to move whilst they did so. There are at least 10 tables too many in this location. On the whole, we did Le Cellier, and won't do it again. Both of us left hungry and quite annoyed at the Dining Plan cost (2 table service 'tickets' each). We wandered round to China and split some chicken and rice to stop the rumbly tummies.

Pros:

Cons:

Food, Prices, Cramped Area

Reviewer: cplf19 Review Date: 10/28/2014

My wife and I went for an anniversary dinner on Oct 10, 2014. Once we walked into the dining area we easily noticed it was loud and extremely cramped. We were basically involved in conversations with the couples sitting on either side of us by sitting so close to each other. The Filet my wife ordered was excellent, perfectly cooked the way she wanted. The Pork dish I ordered (cost $40) had barely any substance to it. Basically two bite sized portions for $40 left me hungry, I was extremely disappointed and both of us decided we will NOT be coming back. We really looked forward to a nice dinner and romantic atmosphere, but were utterly let down. Bypass this restaurant unless they cut their prices in half. Here, you don't get what you pay for at all.

Pros:

Pretzel Bread

Cons:

PRICE, Portions, Cramped table space

Reviewer: zookpr46 Review Date: 10/01/2014

I really wanted to love Le Cellier. Everyone I spoke to loved Le Cellier, but I am not a big meat eater (perhaps there is my problem) but my daughter and husband are. We went for lunch, a 2:50 seating, we were seated about 15 minutes after our priority seating time. The atmosphere was very nice. Tables were close together but I didn't think it was too bad. There is not much difference in price at all between lunch and dinner. We ordered the cheese soup and poutine as appetizers. My husband and I enjoyed the cheese soup, it does have a bit of a bite to it. The poutine was very tasty. For dinner my daughter ordered the ribeye, which was a very nice cut and came out perfectly done (it should be for $50) I had the mushroom ravioli (again, not much of a meat eater and yet I am in a steakhouse) I found it to be very very very bland, just ground mushrooms , it did not taste like there was much seasoning at all in it. I didn't even finish it ,it was so bad. My husband ordered the pork dish, he was very disappointed. It had that frou frou presentation where it was a small cube of meat decorated with some berry compote and squiggle of sauce. We spent $200 on a meal and left feeling very empty, perhaps that was just our wallets.I know Disney restaurants are expensive but I expect to get some value for what we are paying. Luckily Food & Wine was going on so we could get a snack after our meal...recommendation...if you really have a hankering for the cheese soup, skip Le Cellier and hit the Canada cart for Food & Wine. We've been to Le Cellier once, and once was enough. I will say that our waitress was very nice and all the staff who worked there were very pleasant, so I guess that is a plus.

Pros:

atmosphere, staff, pretzel bread,cheese soup

Cons:

price, bland flavors, portions/value

Reviewer: nlg0517 Review Date: 09/19/2014

I don't know that the price should be considered a negative as it's about what you pay at nice steak restaurant in OKC. We had some trouble with the wait. The staff at BLT was supposed to move our ressie time back, then we got caught in a ridiculous line at the front gate at EPCOT, so we were late & waited 30 minutes for our table. However, everybody else had a long wait too. I thought an 8:30 res would by pass that but I guess not.
The food more than made up for the wait. We had a party of 5, me, DH, DN15, DS12 & DD9. Me DN & DH had the filet with the return of the mushroom risotto & it was as delicious as everyone says. DS had surprise! Grilled chicken which was very good. DD had some sort of turkey kabob which was made with ground turkey & looked like a really dark, small corn dog. It came with a yogurt dipping sauce. I was worried she would hate it, but she loved it. We also had some starters, Me & DS had cheddar soup which tasted more like cheesy potato but was still good. DH had the tomato & mozzarella salad, it was very good. The service was prompt & friendly but nothing over the top. This was the one place that DN didn't complain about the food, so it was a win. Go at least once

Pros:

Great steak

Cons:

Price?