Reviews of Le Cellier Lunch/Dinner

Read more about Le Cellier including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Canada - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: cplf19 Review Date: 10/28/2014

My wife and I went for an anniversary dinner on Oct 10, 2014. Once we walked into the dining area we easily noticed it was loud and extremely cramped. We were basically involved in conversations with the couples sitting on either side of us by sitting so close to each other. The Filet my wife ordered was excellent, perfectly cooked the way she wanted. The Pork dish I ordered (cost $40) had barely any substance to it. Basically two bite sized portions for $40 left me hungry, I was extremely disappointed and both of us decided we will NOT be coming back. We really looked forward to a nice dinner and romantic atmosphere, but were utterly let down. Bypass this restaurant unless they cut their prices in half. Here, you don't get what you pay for at all.

Pros:

Pretzel Bread

Cons:

PRICE, Portions, Cramped table space

Reviewer: guatemama Review Date: 07/06/2014

WE have loved this restaurant for 15 years however are so disappointed with all the changes that have slowly decreased the quaintness of the atmosphere as well as the quality of the food.

Years ago, bread was served in quaint bread holders on the table, real candles were in the center of the table in cute candle holders...everything has been generically standardized to make things less special.

And when you have a wonderful steak, the mushroom filet (that used to have roasted parsnips on top loooong ago) why change that risotto and sauce for something less than wonderful??

We ordered my filet well done (no pink right??). Well the first steak came dripping blood, as rare than my husband and son who both ordered medium. They apologized and sent it back (another 10 minutes passed) and brought me a second steak more rare than the first...Again, manager apologized and sent it back and after 15 minutes this time it came out ok. But my family had finished their dinners 20 minutes earlier and we missed our fast pass reservation when all was done...

When you have a good thing and mess it up, it is sad...We will not be back to spend our hard earned money on an overpriced place like this any more....:(

Pros:

The bread

Cons:

everything else!

Reviewer: ronbreen Review Date: 06/14/2014

Over-crowded seating(not like photos) wait staff sticking their butts in your face attending to neighboring tables, SALT - if you like it this is the place for you - the chef uses it as THE MAIN ingredient, delivery of food - flop/dropped on table with "here's your stuff" message - entrees NOT delivered to proper person. Wellness of cooking meat NOT requested at order time ... wifey LOVES lamb and ordered it - came to the table almost raw. I ordered duck - got a few slices of breast meat cooked pretty OK and a leg/thigh that appears to have been cooked in a huge cauldron - and over-cooked at that. Sides were un-recognizeable and disgusting - possibly Canadian culture thing. Wait staff un-attentive. Maitr'e a bore - I do not care hoe yourniece and your sister are doing!!! I could go on but you get the point and I need to do something more important. DO NOT waste your money at this place.

Pros:

Anticipation of a wonderful visit after 3.5 years of trying

Cons:

just about everything - way overrated and under delivered

Reviewer: there7777 Review Date: 11/12/2013

restaurant is very dark. I made reservation because my husband wanted a good steak. I order strip steak and husband ordered ribeye and strip was ok and husband got sick from eating ribeye. will not book this restaurant again!

Pros:

good service,pretzel bread

Cons:

ribeye made husband sick

Reviewer: Ldk72 Review Date: 05/11/2013

To write this review hurts, because for years upon years Le Cellier was our number one restaurant. For every trip (usually we visit twice a year) we would have 3 reservations. The vacation always began with Le Cellier. The first reservation on this recent trip was so bad, I cancelled the last two. I ordered the Fillet medium well and the waitress took it back 3 times till I finally said it was fine (it wasn't, it was still medium rare, she rarely came to our table so I gave up). It was obvious they embellished the Fillet to make it appear more gourmet, but whatever they did changed the taste. Finally after an hour and half of what became ridiculous, I received my bill. 64 dollars for me alone. Thats no appetizer or dessert. Thats a Fillet, Niagra Refresher, and use of my tables in wonderland card. They charged me full price for everything. The service here has declined and I'm so disappointed in the quality of food and price.
So so sad.

Pros:

Cons:

poor service, decline in quaulity, price

Reviewer: rocksmith Review Date: 03/28/2013

$43.00 for an 8 oz filet!! Give me a break. You can buy those in Canada at the local store for $9.00
In the USA at any local store for $8:00

Pros:

Cons:

Way over priced!

Reviewer: Dave s Review Date: 04/19/2016

My wife and I had dinner reservation for 430. We were seated fairly quickly to a crowded seating area. I must say before I continue that we have been to every country for lunch and dinner in the Epcot world showcase. In fact, we go every month. We were saving Canada for last thinking and hearing that it was the best place to eat at world showcase. To make it short and sweat. We both had the steak dinners for 52$ and split a bowl of soup. The steak was great. Unfortunately, not much else came with it, the bread was nice but the side items the came with the steak were maybe two mouthfuls. Definitely not worth the 140 for 2 steaks and a bowl of soup and that's with water to drink.
Like I said, been at every single restaurant at world showcase multiple times. Don't waste your money here.
My favorites are still Germany for lunch, Mexico for dinner, rose and crown isn't bad and teppen edo is a safe bet

Pros:

Good steak

Cons:

Small portions of everything but steak

Reviewer: jven1961 Review Date: 05/20/2014

We ate here last year and everything was excellent. Would have rated it a 10, so it was a for sure repeat dinning spot. This year the experience was a complete disappointment. Our waitress never checked back with us until we waved her over to refill our drinks. Then she'd disappear again. Both my daughter and I ordered the steak, which last year was one of the best I've ever tasted. When the waitress asked how we wanted it cooked, we told her medium. She said it would be pink all the way through. To me, that's rare. I asked if they could cook it to what Longhorn's calls medium plus or halfway between medium and medium well. She matter of factly said NO, either med or med well. Who tells a customer that? When it came it was well done and tough. We told her and she said "it's medium well, just like you ordered it." Guess we could have called over the manager and make a big deal out of it, but we had a fastpass on Test Track and needed to leave. Will not go back next visit.

Pros:

Deserts

Cons:

Slow service, unattentive waitress, overcooked steak

Reviewer: Keelie Review Date: 12/23/2013

I used to love this restaurant--like we would book it twice during our stay things were so good. Now, we've decided we never have to go back again. They've changed the bread service from breadsticks to just rolls, and while the pretzel bread remains delicious the rest are just so-so. I ordered the cheese soup--a favorite of mine--and was super disappointed to see they give you a small bowl and only fill it half way. The servings used to be so much bigger! My husband had the tomato stack--an old favorite of his--and found it to be flavorless with frozen moz. cheese. Super disappointing. For the entree I had the filet and he had the pork. I ordered my filet medium and while the very center was sort of maybe pink the rest of it was not. Attempts to flag down our very slow waitress failed so I just ate half of it before giving it to my husband, who found the pork was also incredibly flavorless. Most disappointing of all--they got rid of the chocolate whiskey cake, my favorite dessert at WDW! We declined dessert and left after a very expensive and very disappointing meal. We will not be returning.

Pros:

Cons:

small servings, expensive, noisy, slow service

Reviewer: Gadawggirl Review Date: 02/17/2013

I've been to WDW many times and always wanted to try this steak place. Should have saved our money. Service was good, food is not. I had a ceaser salad($10.00)had about 10-12 leaves on the plate. Poutine fries that the waitress recommended smelled and tasted bad. My husband's steak wasn't any better than what he can cook at home. Best thing we had was the bread, tasted like a soft pretzel.

Pros:

Waitress