Reviews of Le Cellier Lunch/Dinner

Read more about Le Cellier including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Canada - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 10/10/2018

Well, after eating here every year for many years, we are done. So dissapointed. Steak price has gotten out of control. Salty Filet mignon is $54 served on mushroom risotto that was so salty I could not eat it. Not even a couple green beans on the plate. A basic ceasar salad was $16.the cheese soup was extremely salty and about 2/3 a cup for $11.we used to love the great mix of bread sticks with maple butter. Now it's 3 rolls with butter sprinkled with seasalt and cinnamon on top. Its sad to end this tradition every year. truly not what it used to be and always have to wait up to half an hour longer than the reservation too. On to new favorites.

Pros:

Steal cooked as ordered.

Cons:

Salt!

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

The food here is good but way overpriced. We used to oder the "moose" for dessert, which looked like a moose but now it is only on the children's menu. We get the filet at the food and wine festival instead of going for a sit-down meal.

Pros:

good beef

Cons:

changed the menu

Reviewer: Dave s Review Date: 04/19/2016

My wife and I had dinner reservation for 430. We were seated fairly quickly to a crowded seating area. I must say before I continue that we have been to every country for lunch and dinner in the Epcot world showcase. In fact, we go every month. We were saving Canada for last thinking and hearing that it was the best place to eat at world showcase. To make it short and sweat. We both had the steak dinners for 52$ and split a bowl of soup. The steak was great. Unfortunately, not much else came with it, the bread was nice but the side items the came with the steak were maybe two mouthfuls. Definitely not worth the 140 for 2 steaks and a bowl of soup and that's with water to drink.
Like I said, been at every single restaurant at world showcase multiple times. Don't waste your money here.
My favorites are still Germany for lunch, Mexico for dinner, rose and crown isn't bad and teppen edo is a safe bet

Pros:

Good steak

Cons:

Small portions of everything but steak

Reviewer: KatieAnn179 Review Date: 05/01/2015

I wish I'd read the reviews before booking a table here. My sister and I have tried unsuccessfully several times to get a reservation for either lunch or dinner at Le Cellier, and were delighted when we finally got one during our September 2014 trip. Firstly, the dining area is dark and 'atmospheric' - not ideal if you like to see what you're eating; secondly the tables are far too close together - I could literally have cut the meat dish of the lady sitting at the next table; thirdly, the prices are ridiculously expensive. My sister ordered the mushroom pasta, I chose the pork. Sis said the pasta lacked taste and had obviously been left under a heat lamp whilst the other dish was prepared. I had to send my pork dish back as it was undercooked. The server couldn't have been more disinterested if he'd tried and grudgingly took away my pink pork and returned with it literally two minutes later. The meat had obviously been microwaved and, although it was cooked through, it was as tough as a lumberjack's boot. The desserts were ok - maple brulee - but no real flavour and served up with a complete lack of interest. The tip reflected the service - not great, but at least it was something. The dining room itself was too dark - or 'atmospheric' to give it the Disney spin - and it was jammed. It was almost impossible to get out of your seat without hitting the chair behind you, and when a party arrived that had a wheelchair user amongst them, it involved several staff having to lift chairs out of the way and ask patrons to move whilst they did so. There are at least 10 tables too many in this location. On the whole, we did Le Cellier, and won't do it again. Both of us left hungry and quite annoyed at the Dining Plan cost (2 table service 'tickets' each). We wandered round to China and split some chicken and rice to stop the rumbly tummies.

Pros:

Cons:

Food, Prices, Cramped Area

Reviewer: cplf19 Review Date: 10/28/2014

My wife and I went for an anniversary dinner on Oct 10, 2014. Once we walked into the dining area we easily noticed it was loud and extremely cramped. We were basically involved in conversations with the couples sitting on either side of us by sitting so close to each other. The Filet my wife ordered was excellent, perfectly cooked the way she wanted. The Pork dish I ordered (cost $40) had barely any substance to it. Basically two bite sized portions for $40 left me hungry, I was extremely disappointed and both of us decided we will NOT be coming back. We really looked forward to a nice dinner and romantic atmosphere, but were utterly let down. Bypass this restaurant unless they cut their prices in half. Here, you don't get what you pay for at all.

Pros:

Pretzel Bread

Cons:

PRICE, Portions, Cramped table space

Reviewer: zookpr46 Review Date: 10/01/2014

I really wanted to love Le Cellier. Everyone I spoke to loved Le Cellier, but I am not a big meat eater (perhaps there is my problem) but my daughter and husband are. We went for lunch, a 2:50 seating, we were seated about 15 minutes after our priority seating time. The atmosphere was very nice. Tables were close together but I didn't think it was too bad. There is not much difference in price at all between lunch and dinner. We ordered the cheese soup and poutine as appetizers. My husband and I enjoyed the cheese soup, it does have a bit of a bite to it. The poutine was very tasty. For dinner my daughter ordered the ribeye, which was a very nice cut and came out perfectly done (it should be for $50) I had the mushroom ravioli (again, not much of a meat eater and yet I am in a steakhouse) I found it to be very very very bland, just ground mushrooms , it did not taste like there was much seasoning at all in it. I didn't even finish it ,it was so bad. My husband ordered the pork dish, he was very disappointed. It had that frou frou presentation where it was a small cube of meat decorated with some berry compote and squiggle of sauce. We spent $200 on a meal and left feeling very empty, perhaps that was just our wallets.I know Disney restaurants are expensive but I expect to get some value for what we are paying. Luckily Food & Wine was going on so we could get a snack after our meal...recommendation...if you really have a hankering for the cheese soup, skip Le Cellier and hit the Canada cart for Food & Wine. We've been to Le Cellier once, and once was enough. I will say that our waitress was very nice and all the staff who worked there were very pleasant, so I guess that is a plus.

Pros:

atmosphere, staff, pretzel bread,cheese soup

Cons:

price, bland flavors, portions/value

Reviewer: LISAE Review Date: 08/23/2014

Ok so let's get the price out of the way first - we visited 8th August and the price suggests something way out of the league of the current Le Cellier, service is ok, restaurant is ok, seating is very close together, food is average.
Take the price out of the game and then my objective view slightly changes from a 4 to a 7.
The bread remains very good however we have noticed that you have to ask for more it is never just refilled nowadays.
The cheddar cheese soup is not to my taste but remains enough reason for my 16 year old son to choose this restaurant above many others for one of his two table services choices of a two week holiday.
The meat is cooked under most USA restaurants but this was clearly indicated to us when ordering. Even so I'm not sure why they just cant cook a medium the same as all other restaurants and not just medium rare instead!
The ribeye steaks were very nice but very salty. The sides are not great.
I enjoyed the maple crème brulee and my husband tried the unusual flavours of sorbet but there was nothing attractive for the kids so they declined (even though it was included in our two credits on the dining plan) and opted to use a snack credit elsewhere in EPCOT rather than choose from the small choice here.
As a side note in two weeks my carnivore daughter ate steak a minimum of once and sometimes twice a day. We joked she must have eaten her body meat in the red meat we restrict at home but here she ate less than half of her steak. That should tell this steak place something.

Pros:

Good but not great food

Cons:

Price, saltiness

Reviewer: guatemama Review Date: 07/06/2014

WE have loved this restaurant for 15 years however are so disappointed with all the changes that have slowly decreased the quaintness of the atmosphere as well as the quality of the food.

Years ago, bread was served in quaint bread holders on the table, real candles were in the center of the table in cute candle holders...everything has been generically standardized to make things less special.

And when you have a wonderful steak, the mushroom filet (that used to have roasted parsnips on top loooong ago) why change that risotto and sauce for something less than wonderful??

We ordered my filet well done (no pink right??). Well the first steak came dripping blood, as rare than my husband and son who both ordered medium. They apologized and sent it back (another 10 minutes passed) and brought me a second steak more rare than the first...Again, manager apologized and sent it back and after 15 minutes this time it came out ok. But my family had finished their dinners 20 minutes earlier and we missed our fast pass reservation when all was done...

When you have a good thing and mess it up, it is sad...We will not be back to spend our hard earned money on an overpriced place like this any more....:(

Pros:

The bread

Cons:

everything else!

Reviewer: ronbreen Review Date: 06/14/2014

Over-crowded seating(not like photos) wait staff sticking their butts in your face attending to neighboring tables, SALT - if you like it this is the place for you - the chef uses it as THE MAIN ingredient, delivery of food - flop/dropped on table with "here's your stuff" message - entrees NOT delivered to proper person. Wellness of cooking meat NOT requested at order time ... wifey LOVES lamb and ordered it - came to the table almost raw. I ordered duck - got a few slices of breast meat cooked pretty OK and a leg/thigh that appears to have been cooked in a huge cauldron - and over-cooked at that. Sides were un-recognizeable and disgusting - possibly Canadian culture thing. Wait staff un-attentive. Maitr'e a bore - I do not care hoe yourniece and your sister are doing!!! I could go on but you get the point and I need to do something more important. DO NOT waste your money at this place.

Pros:

Anticipation of a wonderful visit after 3.5 years of trying

Cons:

just about everything - way overrated and under delivered

Reviewer: jven1961 Review Date: 05/20/2014

We ate here last year and everything was excellent. Would have rated it a 10, so it was a for sure repeat dinning spot. This year the experience was a complete disappointment. Our waitress never checked back with us until we waved her over to refill our drinks. Then she'd disappear again. Both my daughter and I ordered the steak, which last year was one of the best I've ever tasted. When the waitress asked how we wanted it cooked, we told her medium. She said it would be pink all the way through. To me, that's rare. I asked if they could cook it to what Longhorn's calls medium plus or halfway between medium and medium well. She matter of factly said NO, either med or med well. Who tells a customer that? When it came it was well done and tough. We told her and she said "it's medium well, just like you ordered it." Guess we could have called over the manager and make a big deal out of it, but we had a fastpass on Test Track and needed to leave. Will not go back next visit.

Pros:

Deserts

Cons:

Slow service, unattentive waitress, overcooked steak