- Fishing Excursions
- --Fantasia Gardens
- --Winter Summerland
- Running/Jogging Trails
- Surfing Class at
- ESPN Wide World of Sports
- AllEars® Team Meets
- D23 - The Official Community for Disney Fans
- Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet Website
Other Fun Things
- SHARING THE MAGIC
- -- AllEars® Trading Cards
- -- Close Your Eyes and Blink Yourself to WDW
- -- Photo of the Week
- Audience Participation
- Birthday Ideas: Adults
- Birthday Ideas: Kids
- Carriage Rides
- Collecting Character
- Grand Floridian
- Hidden Mickeys
- Overlooked Attractions
- --Film Tips
- --Digital Tips
- --Videotaping Tips
- Pin Trading Guide
- Pixies at WDW!
- Pressed Penny &
- Scrapbooking Magic!
- --Pontoon Rentals
- --Resort Park Cruises
- Behind the Ears
- Meet the Authors
- Debra Martin Koma
- Michelle Scribner-MacLean
- Mike Scopa
- Jack Spence
- Character Warehouse
- Directions from
- Grocery Stores
- Ground Transportation
- Radio/TV Stations
- Religious Services
- Telephone Numbers
The Official Community for Disney Fans
NOTE: Tickets for the D23 EXPO 2011 are now available at a discounted price through December 31, 2010. Tickets are $37 for a one-day adult admission and $27 for children 3-12. Tickets for members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will be $30 for a one-day adult admission and $22 for children. Multi-day, money-saving tickets are also available for both D23 Members and the general public, and D23 Members can save as much as $204 off the price of admission, based on the purchase of four three-day tickets at the D23 Member rate. For more information on tickets and the ticket pricing structure for D23 Members and general admission, visit www.Disney.com/D23.
D23 EVENTS IN 2009
|Mary Poppins in Chicago||D23 Expo Preview|
|D23 Flower & Fireworks Celebration in Epcot||Debra Martin Koma's Daily D23 Expo Recaps|
|Laura Gilbreath's D23 Expo Reports|
|D23 Expo Review|
|Deb Wills' D23 Expo Reports|
Disney's First Official Fan Organization Launches with New Quarterly Publication, Web Site, Fan Events and Collectibles Line
First Quarterly Publication Features Exclusive Interviews with Tim Burton, Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, as well as behind-the-scenes visit to Pixar Animation Studios
Oakland and Burbank, CALIFORNIA (March 10, 2009)/PRNewswire/ Disney today announced the launch of D23 (www.Disney.com/D23), the first official community for Disney fans in the Company's 85-year history. Through D23, fans will go backstage and behind closed doors to get the inside scoop from every part of Disney, while experiencing the nostalgia, adventure and fantasy of Disney as never before.
"We have a fantastic legacy that started in 1923 and is based on timeless stories, beloved characters and unforgettable experiences, but it's our fans that keep the spirit of Disney alive year after year, generation after generation," said Disney President and CEO Bob Iger at the Company's annual shareholder's meeting. "D23 is our way of saying 'thank you' and celebrating our fans, who bring the magic of Disney to life every day in every corner of the world."
As a part of this new Disney fan experience, today also marks the launch of D23's new quarterly publication, Disney twenty-three; the all-new D23 Web site at Disney.com/D23; and a new collectibles line, The Walt Disney Archives Collection, which was created specifically with D23 members in mind. D23 also will host special events for its members throughout the year, highlighted by the organization's signature event, the D23 Expo, which will be held in Anaheim this September 10-13.
A one-year D23 membership ($74.99) includes:
twenty-three quarterly publication: A one-year subscription (four issues)
to D23's new collectible magazine filled with stunning photography, dazzling
illustrations and the ultimate Disney insider perspective. This advertising-free
keepsake is the all-access pass to discovering the magic of Disney's past,
present and future.
* Membership Certificate and Card: The D23 membership card and suitable-for-framing member certificate both specially created for D23's Charter Year feature many of Disney's most beloved characters.
* Surprise Collectible Gift and Member Merchandise: Each member who joins D23 will receive an exclusive collectible gift from the new Walt Disney Archives Collection. This merchandise line was created specifically with D23 members in mind, and each piece is authorized by the Walt Disney Archives. D23 members will have exclusive or early access to a wide assortment of Walt Disney Archives Collection pieces.
* D23 Expo and Member Special Events: The D23 Expo to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center from September 10-13, 2009 will be "The Ultimate Disney Fan Experience," featuring incredible speakers, celebrity appearances, breathtaking exhibitions, interactive experiences, sneak peeks, film screenings, one-of-a-kind merchandise, and much more. All Disney fans are welcome, but D23 members will receive a discount on Expo admissions and early access to the show daily. D23 also offers unique members-only special event opportunities throughout the year.
* Disney.com/D23: All fans can stay connected to Disney every day through D23's new Web site, featuring up-to-the-minute Disney news, feature stories, event info and more, but only D23 members will receive regular email updates on special event and merchandise opportunities exclusive to them.
NOTE: Deb Koma shares her impressions of the D23 membership materials in the AllEars® Team Blog HERE.
Disney today launches its new quarterly publication Disney twenty-three, a hybrid entertainment and lifestyle magazine that is the all-access pass to discovering the magic of Disney's past, present and future. Its name pays homage to 1923, the year The Walt Disney Company was founded.
The premiere issue of Disney twenty-three includes exclusive features such as:
with Tim Burton, Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens
* Inside look at the new Disney/Pixar animated film Up, featuring interviews with Director Pete Docter and Producer Jonas Rivera, concept and production art, and a look at the new animated short Partly Cloudy.
* A rare look inside Pixar Animation Studios in Emeryville, California. Meet the Pixar team and learn the secrets behind the success of their films.
* The doors open for two of the most exclusive, magical suites in the world: the Cinderella Castle Suite at Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Dream Suite overlooking New Orleans Square and the Rivers of America at the Disneyland Resort.
Disney twenty-three's regular featured departments include:
* A Walk
with Walt: A look back at the trials and triumphs of the man who made
dreams come true and whose imagination started it all.
* D Society: From gala movie premieres and grand openings to candid Disney moments and memories, D Society takes readers backstage and onto the red carpet.
* PHOTOfiles: The legendary Walt Disney Archives Photo Library houses millions of Disney's most cherished photographic memories, and the Archives team shares its Top 100, five in every issue. Let the countdown begin!
* Where in D?: Try to identify where in the world of Disney each issue's mystery photo was taken.
* The Funny Pages: For the first time in decades, enjoy the vintage newspaper comic strips that helped make many of Disney's most popular characters famous.
* Making Magic: Crafts for children of all ages, inspired by Disney's favorite stories and experiences.
* Recipes from Disney's most popular restaurants and eateries, past and present.
Disney twenty-three subscriptions are available only by becoming a member of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans. Individual issues of Disney twenty-three retail for $15.95 and are available exclusively at all U.S. Barnes & Noble booksellers, all domestic Disney Stores, Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World, and Disneyshopping.com.
NOTE: Deb Wills reviews the new Disney twenty-three magazine in her blog HERE.
The D23 site on Disney.com will serve as the premier online destination for Disney fans, highlighted by breaking Disney news, exclusive feature stories, blogs, historical retrospectives, a collectibles boutique, special event information, and other content. The D23 online experience includes News & Features, Walt Disney Archives, Disney twenty-three, Expo & Events, and Boutique23. Highlights include:
NEWS & FEATURES
news, press releases, and photos of interest to fans from every part of
* "Twilight Bark" inspired by the Disney animated feature 101 Dalmatians offers up the latest tidbits and news "bites" from all around the world of Disney.
* Feature articles and interviews on current Disney topics from theme parks and animation to television and motion pictures, as well as historical retrospectives.
* Official Disney Bloggers Get regular updates on films in production at Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios, current Walt Disney Imagineering projects, and the Walt Disney Archives.
WALT DISNEY ARCHIVES
Day in Disney" A daily walk down memory lane.
* "What's Old Is News" Go back in time and enjoy rare, vintage and classic articles, stories, interviews, press materials and other highlights from deep within the Disney Archives.
* "Ask Dave" Disney Legend and Chief Archivist Dave Smith answers your questions about Disney history.
* "Archives Library" helpful Disney reference tools including biographies, filmographies, award chronologies, Disney A to Z updates, historical profiles and other archival information.
* The online
home of Disney twenty-three, D23's quarterly publication.
* Expanded stories, interviews and imagery.
* "D Society: Online Edition" regularly updated photo gallery.
* "The Funny Page: Daily Edition" a delightful daily dose of vintage Disney comics that haven't been seen outside the Disney Archives in decades.
* "Making Magic" An archive of the unique crafts featured in Disney twenty-three.
* "Disney Dish" Always be able to find your favorite recipes from Disney twenty-three.
EXPO & EVENTS
Expo" The official Web site for everything you need to know
about "The Ultimate Disney Fan Experience" September 10-13,
at the Anaheim Convention Center, including programming, show hours, celebrity
appearances, keynote speakers, ticket information, vacation packages,
* "D23 Member Special Events" Throughout the year, D23 hosts special events created just for its members. Members can find out which ones they want to attend and how to register.
* D23 merchandise
and collectibles, including D23 member-only offerings from the Walt Disney
* Hosted by Disneyshopping.com
D23 membership is not required to visit Disney.com/D23, but some merchandise and special event opportunities are exclusive to D23 members.
join D23 at www.Disney.com/D23, all Disney Store locations within the
United States, select shops at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World
Resort, and www.DisneyShopping.com/D23.
The name "D23" pays homage to the wonder and excitement that began in 1923 when Walt Disney opened his fledgling studio in Hollywood. Through the years, Disney has captured the imagination of millions around the world, and, as requested by Disney fans everywhere, D23 gives them a greater, richer connection to the entire world of Disney by placing them in the middle of the magic.
Koma reports on the press conference call held about the D23 announcement