The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will kick off its third annual outing on January 18, 2019, celebrating the visual, culinary and performing arts. The popular event will continue for 39 days through February 25.
Disney Broadway Series Goes to 7 Days a Week!
New this year at the festival, the Disney on Broadway Concert Series will run seven days a week. Each week, a different pair of Disney on Broadway stars will take the America Gardens Theatre stage to perform songs from award-winning Disney on Broadway productions, such as “The Lion King,” “Frozen” and “Beauty and the Beast.”
Performers this year include:
- Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Meredith Inglesby (“The Little Mermaid”) and Steve Blanchard (“Beauty and the Beast”)
- Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
The concert series is included with park admission; showtimes will be 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. nightly.
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package is available at participating Epcot restaurants and guarantees show seating. Reservations for these packages open Nov. 8, 2018, at Disneyworld.com or can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
Culinary Arts Celebrated in 13 Food Studios
In addition to the concert series, the Epcot International Festival of the Arts will feature 13 Food Studios, plus additional creative food and beverage offerings around Epcot. Among the offerings in 2019:
- The Artist’s Table will feature beef wellington with mushroom bordelaise, fennel cream and roasted baby vegetables
- Smoked salmon and cream gâteau with egg yolk cream, paddlefish caviar and micro-herbs is sure to be a new favorite at The Painter’s Palate
- Pop Eats! will serve up almond frangipane cake with raspberry and chocolate
- Red wine-braised short rib with parsnip purée, broccolini, baby tomatoes and aged balsamic will be available at Cuisine Classique
Visual Arts Accented, Too!
Art collectors and Disney enthusiasts alike will find artwork for sale throughout the entire park, from the Art of Disney store to Festival Markets. In addition, special merchandise will be available at Mouse Gear and other Epcot locations featuring the festival’s logo adorning shirts, mugs, totes and more.
Fun for the Whole Family
The festival will also feature other entertainment and many hands-on activities for the whole family to enjoy, including:
- Everyone’s invited to grab a paintbrush and help create a wall mural along World Showcase Plaza.
- Guests of all ages will have the opportunity to literally step inside works of art and take fun photos, such as the “Washington Crossing the Delaware” Artful Photo Opportunity.
- The Paint with a Disney Artist program invites guests to learn under the tutelage of a professional (offered select Fridays and Sundays, including continental breakfast, for an additional fee).
- A variety of workshops led by professionals will teach different artistic techniques, such as floral design, ink and paint, mixed-media art and more (offered Friday-Monday for an additional fee). As a memento of what they learned, guests will take their creations home with them.
- Complimentary 30-minute seminars will give guests helpful instruction for producing their own artwork at home.
- More than 50 visiting artists participating in the festival will be available to meet with guests and share insights on their work.
- Disney artists’ work will be exhibited across Epcot.
- Gravity-defying feats of strength, acrobatics and many performing artists are scheduled throughout the festival.
- International musical and variety acts will share their talents with guests, including the return of Bodh’aktan to the Canada stage and Delta Q, a new group performing in Germany.
- Guests can join in the fun of Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt by purchasing a map at select merchandise locations.
Details on workshop registration will be released soon.
Are you looking forward to this Festival? We are! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Want to stay up-to-date on the Festival of the Arts news and much more? Subscribe to our newsletter!