Reviews of Whispering Canyon Cafe Breakfast

View Menus at Whispering Canyon Cafe Dining Location

Full Service Breakfast

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/whispering-canyon-cafe/breakfast
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/whispering-canyon-cafe/child-breakfast

Reviewer: short2cake Review Date: 09/27/2018

This place was great! We had never been and I had only read about the shenanigans but didn't tell my family.

My husband asked for ketchup and the fun began. My husband was horrified but the kids were cracking up. And then, the ketchup was summoned to another table so we ran it over. Once we got back to the table, my husband realized he never used any ketchup but refused to let us tell our waiter. So funny!

Our waiter was also the waiter for the table next to us and asked them what their plans were for the day. They said they were going on a cruise and he said he was going to go with them. When he came back to our table, he asked us what we were doing and we told him we were going to Hollywood Studies (expecting him to say he was going with us) but he pointed to the other folks and said, sorry, I won't be joining you I'm going on a cruise with them. We were cracking up.

Finally, it was my daughters bday and they brought her out a cupcake and started singing happy bday. In the middle of the song, he started eating her cupcake. We had tears we were laughing so hard!

Our waiter was great, our food was also great.
We had a really good time and will be back.

Pros:

Food was good. Waiter was awesome.

Reviewer: Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

Went for breakfast fun and good place waitress was real accomadating for kids and not charging them because they barely ate..plus one of the cheaper options around

Pros:

Good food good service and price

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

fun place to eat and good food

Pros:

good food and fun

Cons:

a little pricey for what you get

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 02/17/2017

We ate breakfast here on December 12th. My party of six enjoyed the meal. We were celebrating DD 21st bday and the server had the whole place sing to her. She loved it! They no longer have a chef come out and speak to you regarding a food allergy. Instead they had an allergy alert menu. Not the same personal touch as times in the past but still helpful. The coffee was great! The skillet was plentiful and great for a bunch of hungry men. My DD had dairy free pancakes. They were good but not great.

Pros:

the food was good and the server was friendly and made the trip special

Cons:

Very loud!

Reviewer: disneymimi Review Date: 04/07/2015

Brought Grandkids for first time and they loved it. They cant wait to go back. Food is good, but the atmosphere is great. Anthony our waiter was hilarious from the start and had the kids laughing the whole time. Our birthday celebrating Grand daughter was thrilled to be serenaded by the room and staff. We went on our get away/check out day and it was the perfect ending to our magical vacation.

Pros:

Fun Family Moments

Reviewer: beilfamily Review Date: 01/11/2015

We had breakfast here on 12/07/2014 and our server was "M.T".....wallet that is :) ~ she was great. We had early reservations but nobody missed a beat with the entertaining atmosphere. Our food was excellent. If you are staying at The Wilderness Lodge and want a filling meal before heading off to the parks, we highly recommend this spot.

Pros:

Great food

Cons:

—

Reviewer: browneyedgirl Review Date: 12/16/2014

We were really looking forward to this restaurant because we love the Wilderness Lodge. However, we were very disappointed.

We checked in a little early, but were seated immediately. The first thing we noticed was it was very loud. Although we really don't mind loud restaurants for dinner, for breakfast we would like a little quiet. I knew going in this may be loud, so I prepared my son. However, we were not ready for how loud. It took forever for the waitress to come take our order, but she was very nice once she had our order. This was the only positive experience of this breakfast.

When the food came out, it was lukewarm on the verge of being cold. It was nothing special & there was hardly any flavor. We were very disappointed & left a lot on our plates. Our waitress got a good tip only because she was good, however this is on restaurant will not go back to for breakfast. Truly disappointing. :-(

Pros:

Waitress very nice

Cons:

Food / Atmosphere

Reviewer: Rosebud Review Date: 10/15/2014

I've always liked the Wilderness Lodge, and even though we were at the Poly (this past August), made ADR here for 5 adults, 4 kids. Seated right away. The food was good, BUT coffee so strong, it had to be drowned in cream.
The other issue was, our waiter was obviously new and should not have been left alone, which we made clear when leaving. I didn't think there was very good teamwork since others were not busy and didn't step in to help this poor kid. He was having issues with the computer and it took forever to get our check. I don't really blame him though.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

Coffee terrible, service

Reviewer: njnick1 Review Date: 08/30/2013

Overall a really good meal. We all left with happy tummy's. We ended up with 13 bottles of Ketchup on the table !

Our waitress was super friendly and a pleasure to interact with. Seems some of the CM's didn't belong in a place that advertises a "Hootin Hollerin Good Time".

Would definitely go again

Pros:

Great food, some fun cast members

Cons:

Some not so fun cast members

Reviewer: gener222 Review Date: 08/25/2013

We had breakfast here on our last day at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. We had eaten here on our last trip 5 years ago. The food was just as good as I remembered and the all-you-can-eat platter carried me through most of the day. I was a little disappointed that the atmosphere wasn't as fun this time around. Only one or two servers seemed to be having any real fun. It takes two to tango, though, and the other guests didn't seem to be in a jovial mood either. I passed by a previous night during the dinner and the place was hopping. I would still recommend this restaurant for breakfast, and the fun you get is what you give!

Pros:

The food, especially Mickey waffles

Cons:

Not as fun as my last visit