Reviews of Artist Point

View Menus at Artist Point Dining Location

ARTIST POINT IS NOW CLOSED. WHEN IT REOPENS IN DECEMBER 2018, IT WILL BE A CHARACTER DINNER EXPERIENCE.

Full Service Dinner

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/artist-point/dinner
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/artist-point/child-dinner

Reviewer: Crow323 Review Date: 11/08/2018

one of my favs for years. the mushroom soup is great. had the cedar plank salmon. its becoming a character meal...spoke to the mgr who was excited about the change saying it would triple the income...some of the plans sounded okay but I probably wont go back . this was the first place I had tried buffalo and cedar plank salmon

Pros:

food

Cons:

no longer going to be an adult area, characters arriving

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

Had to eat here before it becomes a character dinner. I they will still have the bison and salmon on the menu it is very good.

Pros:

good food

Reviewer: Barbara Ford Review Date: 09/26/2018

This is one of my favorite restaurants on property. I have eaten there several times and each time was exceptional. The wait staff was amazing and well informed.

Pros:

food, service, atmosphere

Cons:

I can't believe they are going to make this restaurant a character restaurant. Will not be returning!

Reviewer: liberrygal Review Date: 02/05/2018

Husband and I ate here on 1/29/18. This was one of our best meals at Disney ever. Food and service superb. From the wine selection, the fresh seafood, to the waiter you will be very happy. We will return.

Pros:

Amazing

Reviewer: allec999 Review Date: 11/03/2017

Four of us had dinner here Sunday Oct 22. Food was delicious, service was solid. Always a good choice. Wine recommendations were also spot on.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Reviewer: Jazzfool20 Review Date: 10/31/2017

After several years of not having eaten at the Wilderness Lodge, we finally made it back on Sunday 10/15. I was pleased that it was just as good as I recalled. We did not have a reservation, but were seated within just a few minutes. It was not very crowded. Our waiter was very attentive. I stared with the land greens salad, which was great. For entree I had the buckwheat agnolotti, while my mom had the Buffalo. Both were superb, and quite filling as well. So full in fact we did not have room for desert! In terms of price, it was on par with the quality (although we do have tables in wonderland, which certainly helps). Overall, it was everything a signature restaurant should be, and worth returning too.

Pros:

Excellent cuisine, atmosphere, and service

Reviewer: NJDzneMom Review Date: 10/08/2017

We've tried Artist Point in the past, but it's been quite awhile. We visited last month and were happy to see that the same quality food and service are still there! Our server was terrific and made some excellent recommendations. The bread service was delicious to start our meal. I also enjoyed the Land salad. It was amazing! Our server convinced me to try the buffalo strip loin, and I'm so happy I did! Delicious!!! As was the farro side dish (where can I get that recipe???). My husband loved the salmon, their signature dish. We truly enjoyed this special dining experience.

Pros:

Excellent Food and Service

Reviewer: mg0914 Review Date: 02/04/2017

In a word, Wow! This was our family's favorite meal of our 11 day trip. Because we stayed at two different resorts we were able to split our dining plan - deluxe for first 5 days and standard for remaining 6. During the deluxe portion of our stay we decided to try a few signature dining experiences that we either had never tried before (Artist Point & Citrico's) or hadn't been to in a long time (Le Cellier).

We went to Artist Point on Christmas Eve. This was our one "dress up" meal and we were all looking forward to it. We were not disappointed in any way.

We were seated right at our reservation time. We had a wonderful server and a manager visited our table as well. We never felt rushed but our food arrived pretty quickly too which I think is a good combination.

I had the smoked mushroom soup which was incredible. And followed it up with the salmon as my entrée. Again, incredible. My family ordered filets and veal as their entrees.

Our server was very friendly and helpful with menu selections. When a manager visited us he was happy to tell us about the chef's favorite selections as well as the history of the restaurant itself without ever feeling intrusive.

It was just a great experience. We all agreed this was far and away our favorite meal of our trip. Le Cellier was our next favorite but honestly, we felt Artist Point was in a league of it's own. The bill would have been north of $400 before tip...so glad were able to go!

Pros:

atmosphere, service, food

Cons:

absolutely nothing!

Reviewer: sleepydog25 Review Date: 10/03/2016

Artist Point built a very good reputation for many years before taking a downturn a few years back. Based on our last two visits, it's on the rebound thanks to a new(ish) chef. The newer menu has kicked aside some of the Asian fusion elements that never made much sense and returned to focusing on the main stars--the salmon and the buffalo to name a couple. Service has been excellent, and the wine list continues to be superb. I will admit--as another reviewer noted--that the plating and sides need to be re-evaluated. I'm all for smaller portions in fine dining, but then your accompaniments must be beyond reproach and sometimes AP's aren't. Overall, though, AP remains a gem for us.

Pros:

Ambiance, wine list, service

Cons:

Plating

Reviewer: Beazle Review Date: 07/10/2016

Our family love Artist Point. But on June 30, we had the worst meal we have ever had a Walt Disney World signature restaurant. No doubt the extensive refurb has something to do with the obviously fewer Cms in the resort, the comparative lack of guests but does this also explains the narrowing of the menu and the appalling service provided by the lady CM who plainly new little about the menu.
Such a disappointing experience.

Pros:

The paintings on the wall

Cons:

An obvious decline