Reviews of Whispering Canyon Cafe Breakfast

View Menus at Whispering Canyon Cafe Dining Location

Full Service Breakfast

Breakfast Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/whispering-canyon-cafe/breakfast
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/whispering-canyon-cafe/child-breakfast

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/30/2018

We arrive about a half hour early and were seated at our reservation time (in about a half hour). We were seated in the main area and were anticipating the antics. Other than the ketchup thing nothing really happened. We both ordered ribs. Plenty of food but the ribs were just ok. I can make better ribs. The price was in line with any restaurant and not the usual Disney inflated price. I will not be going again but it may be good for others.

Pros:

Nice place inside Wilderness Lodge. Plenty of food.

Cons:

Nothing special.

Reviewer: Pizza123458888 Review Date: 01/30/2018

The food was okay, but the guy who was serving us was super slow. I believe this is what they do. We all got skillets we got one serving and after we ate the first one we were ready for the next but buy the time the second one came we were all stuffed..

Pros:

Okay food.

Cons:

Extremely Slow Service.

Reviewer: rebelbuddhist Review Date: 01/05/2014

This was a case of high expectations that were not met. We had read quite a few very positive reviews, but we found the food rather typical and nothing to write home about. My eggs Benedict were lukewarm and nothing special. My wife's omelet was fine but again rather ordinary. Lots of better breakfast meals nearby that don't require any special transportation to get there. We choose to eat here for the first time because we were going to take in the holiday decorations but will probably skip it in the future.

Pros:

Friendly, helpful service

Cons:

Nothing special

Reviewer: short2cake Review Date: 09/27/2018

This place was great! We had never been and I had only read about the shenanigans but didn't tell my family.

My husband asked for ketchup and the fun began. My husband was horrified but the kids were cracking up. And then, the ketchup was summoned to another table so we ran it over. Once we got back to the table, my husband realized he never used any ketchup but refused to let us tell our waiter. So funny!

Our waiter was also the waiter for the table next to us and asked them what their plans were for the day. They said they were going on a cruise and he said he was going to go with them. When he came back to our table, he asked us what we were doing and we told him we were going to Hollywood Studies (expecting him to say he was going with us) but he pointed to the other folks and said, sorry, I won't be joining you I'm going on a cruise with them. We were cracking up.

Finally, it was my daughters bday and they brought her out a cupcake and started singing happy bday. In the middle of the song, he started eating her cupcake. We had tears we were laughing so hard!

Our waiter was great, our food was also great.
We had a really good time and will be back.

Pros:

Food was good. Waiter was awesome.

Reviewer: Lauren kilpatrick Review Date: 09/27/2018

Went for breakfast fun and good place waitress was real accomadating for kids and not charging them because they barely ate..plus one of the cheaper options around

Pros:

Good food good service and price

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

fun place to eat and good food

Pros:

good food and fun

Cons:

a little pricey for what you get

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 02/17/2017

We ate breakfast here on December 12th. My party of six enjoyed the meal. We were celebrating DD 21st bday and the server had the whole place sing to her. She loved it! They no longer have a chef come out and speak to you regarding a food allergy. Instead they had an allergy alert menu. Not the same personal touch as times in the past but still helpful. The coffee was great! The skillet was plentiful and great for a bunch of hungry men. My DD had dairy free pancakes. They were good but not great.

Pros:

the food was good and the server was friendly and made the trip special

Cons:

Very loud!

Reviewer: disneymimi Review Date: 04/07/2015

Brought Grandkids for first time and they loved it. They cant wait to go back. Food is good, but the atmosphere is great. Anthony our waiter was hilarious from the start and had the kids laughing the whole time. Our birthday celebrating Grand daughter was thrilled to be serenaded by the room and staff. We went on our get away/check out day and it was the perfect ending to our magical vacation.

Pros:

Fun Family Moments

Reviewer: beilfamily Review Date: 01/11/2015

We had breakfast here on 12/07/2014 and our server was "M.T".....wallet that is :) ~ she was great. We had early reservations but nobody missed a beat with the entertaining atmosphere. Our food was excellent. If you are staying at The Wilderness Lodge and want a filling meal before heading off to the parks, we highly recommend this spot.

Pros:

Great food

Reviewer: browneyedgirl Review Date: 12/16/2014

We were really looking forward to this restaurant because we love the Wilderness Lodge. However, we were very disappointed.

We checked in a little early, but were seated immediately. The first thing we noticed was it was very loud. Although we really don't mind loud restaurants for dinner, for breakfast we would like a little quiet. I knew going in this may be loud, so I prepared my son. However, we were not ready for how loud. It took forever for the waitress to come take our order, but she was very nice once she had our order. This was the only positive experience of this breakfast.

When the food came out, it was lukewarm on the verge of being cold. It was nothing special & there was hardly any flavor. We were very disappointed & left a lot on our plates. Our waitress got a good tip only because she was good, however this is on restaurant will not go back to for breakfast. Truly disappointing. :-(

Pros:

Waitress very nice

Cons:

Food / Atmosphere