Reviews of Whispering Canyon Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Cuisines: BBQ, American
Full Service

Lunch Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/whispering-canyon-cafe/lunch
Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/whispering-canyon-cafe/dinner
Child's Lunch-Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/whispering-canyon-cafe/child-lunch-dinner

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/18/2019

Our waitress was great!! Went the extra mile!! But our food choice was not good

Pros:

The staff!!

Cons:

We chose the nacho's and they just were not good

Reviewed by Colleen Review Date: 09/28/2018

We ate here for the first time on our recent trip while staying at Wilderness Lodge. I liked the fun, family atmosphere especially for the kids. Our waitress was very funny and personable. We all ordered the skillet and it was very tasty, but it took a while to get more helpings and they initially forgot to bring out the side of mac and cheese my daughter ordered. I would definitely go back if we were staying at Wilderness Lodge again, but I don't know that I would make a special trip for it.

Pros:

fun, family friendly atmosphere good food

Cons:

a little chaotic

Reviewed by Amy3 Review Date: 09/26/2018

This is my kids favorite non-character dining at Disney. They entertain you as you eat family style and there are so many fun things you can have the kids do such as ask for ketchup, say your straw is not long enough, wear a shirt from a place outside Disney. The kids stay entertained (and the adults). The food is good and they also accommodated my kids allergies, even though it was family style.

Pros:

Entertaining Fun for kids Different then other dining options at Disney, they are loud, have kids get up and dance, etc.

Cons:

We waited awhile even though we had reservations

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

really enjoyed this fun place..great food!!

Pros:

great food selecions

Reviewed by margarita Review Date: 06/24/2017

Service was attentive and excellent. The refillable milkshakes very enjoyed by the kids. Most of the table ordered the canyon skillet which was very plentiful and tasty. Our teenage son was quite full. We took our desserts to go because we were too full. Entertainment in the restaurant was an added plus-our 3 year old enjoyed the horse sticks through the restaurant and our older kids enjoyed a good laugh with the ketchup comedy. Overall a great meal experience.

Pros:

food/service

Reviewed by debg32 Review Date: 05/29/2017

This was the worst experience we had on this trip. We dined here 2 years ago and had a great time. We were meeting up with family and decided to make this the night we would get together. They had never been before so they were excited to experience it with us. It was embarrassing for us. First, they sat us way in the back next to the exit door from the kitchen. 12 of us were crammed in to a small area. We could not see or participate in any of the fun. Our server was an older gentleman who was looking for a big tip. He never asked if we were on the dining plan. We did say we all wanted the all you can eat skillet dinner. He said that was a good choice since it came with the drink of the night. Well, it didn't. Maybe if you were on the dining plan but otherwise it was not included. The drinks were $11 each. The ribs were terrible. The pulled pork was dry, not enough sauce. In addition, one of the servers coming out of the kitchen area dropped her entire tray of drinks, shattering glass and fluids were all over the floor. I did get splattered on the ankles but thankful I didn't get cut by the shattering glass. At the end of the meal, our server asked what we wanted for dessert. Thankfully someone in our party asked if it was included in the price. It wasn't. If they didn't ask, that would have been additional money padding his tip. We did complain to the concierge at our resort and we were reimbursed some of the cost.

Reviewed by DisneyDana Review Date: 06/24/2016

My friend and I had lunch here and I was super excited for her because it was her first trip to WDW. I thought it would be a great place to break her in so we ate here for our first meal of the trip. While the food was better than expected, the service was not. We were seated way back in a corner by the kitchen away from all of the antics so she never even noticed anything fun was going on behind her. Not once did our waiter bother to play along so pretty much it was just a restaurant with decent food. This seems to happen to me both here and at 50's Prime Time every time I go. The bad part was I told them at the check in desk that I had a first time visitor with me and asked if we could please get a server that was really into it. I'm starting to think that when you ask, they are deliberately sticking you with the worst waiter they have. He was so soft spoken that we could barely hear him and he seemed nervous like he'd never waited a table a day in his life. Oh well. Maybe it's because we never have children with us. Hopefully when I take my new niece next year we will get a different response.

Pros:

tasty food, fun atmosphere

Cons:

some waiters just will not play along!

Reviewed by holbrook Review Date: 06/21/2016

The family style skillet meal was excellent. My family of 4 has 4 totally different food tastes but everyone ate and enjoyed the skillet meal. There is something for everyone and no one leaves hungry. The all you can drink shakes needs some improvement...not good at all!

If you're going here for a quite meal, go somewhere else. We acutally had a tame waitress that didn't get caught up in all of the hype, so we go to watch and enjoy everything going on instead of participating.

Pros:

Plenty of great food, fun atmosphere

Cons:

All you can drink shakes

Reviewed by jkkd Review Date: 05/02/2016

We've been here several times. The food is always great!
We were one of the first reservations upon the opening of the restaurant for dinner, so our wait was minimal. I was a little surprised, given our seating right at opening, that we were still put in the "back" location of the restaurant. It is a great table, right beside a fireplace, but when there are activities taking place in the big dining area, you do feel a little "left out". This has happened to us before and I am quite sure it is because we were a table of two adults. But at any rate - this isn't really a complaint. If I had really wanted to fuss about it, I believe they would have moved us.
Our server Suzan was sweet and nice. She was really great and provided excellent service. We were so happy with our food and left absolutely stuffed!!!
Never have been sorry that we selected this as one of our meals.

Pros:

plenty of yummy food

Cons:

you can get a 'less fun' table location

Reviewed by John Review Date: 12/11/2015

The Food (Skillet) is great at the Whispering Canyon Café. There are also a lot of fun activities for everyone, especially youngsters. Our server was very attentive to our needs.

Pros:

Great Food

Other topics in Wilderness Lodge