Reviews of General Exhibits and Experiences

Talk about your overall experience with events such as: Festival Welcome Center, Culinary Demonstrations, Wine Seminars, Ghirardelli From the Bean to the Bar, other Special Exhibits.

At this time, please limit your reviews to the current year's Festival.

Festival Pages: http://allears.net/tp/ep/epcot-food-and-wine-festival.htm

Reviewed by DanInNH Review Date: 09/25/2014

The F&W festival may pull in $$$$ for Disney, but we will, from now on, vacation well around this event. We were there the week of 9/18 (soft opening day) to 9/24. We were at EPCOT three of those days. By nightfall, drunken rude people were everywhere. Lines for everything were ridiculous. We tried to eat as we walked and were bumped so many times, we spilled stuff on ourselves. We stopped to pick up our mess and were trampled. Had to watch where you stepped from others messes. Wall to wall people and all this to sample a few food items from the norm...totally not worth it. Was NOT a place I would want to take my family. Or friends. If this was our first experience with EPCOT, we might never return. Thankfully, we know the difference. 53 days of stumbling drunkeness...so we really need to have it be that long ? Go find a bar somewhere and settle in folks.

Pros:

I am still trying to think of one...

Cons:

Too many to count...crowds, drunks, spills, trash, rudeness....

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

Sad. We have been going for many years and this year it was a huge disappointment. Rooky mistake - we went on a Saturday when it is fall down drunk day. The crowds were out of control, and eventually they closed the gates and would not let anymore people in. People were very rude, and the sayings on some of the tee shirts were kind of unbelievable for WDW and I am no prude. The food we were actually able to try was good but the prices have definitely gone up while the portions are smaller. It used to be our favorite time of year to visit but this year was a let down for sure. I wish Disney would listen to the feedback and make changes but I am sure they won't.

Pros:

Interesting way to try new foods from all over the world

Cons:

Drunks, crowds, rude people, congestion, suggestive clothing

Reviewed by patd Review Date: 09/30/2018

Went to the Food and Wine last year with my 11 year old granddaughter and other family members. If I want to see that many falling down drunks, vomit on rides, vomit in restrooms (in a restaurant) I could go to a seedy bar. Would not recommend until they clean up the drunken behavior.

Pros:

Cons:

Drunk people.

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 04/25/2015

I attended this for the first time in September with my son. We had planned to hangout here for a couple days, but never came back after the first day. Some of the food was good and it was fun to try some new things. It was not fun eating on top of garbage cans or trying to beat someone to a table. At one location, my son sat at a high table while I was in line and some woman went and stood in front of it because I guess she thought he was invisible or didn't count. She left as soon as I arrived....but weird.

There were so many people drinking so much, that it really wasn't place for children of any age. I get it and like to indulge, but it was not a place for families at all. I was really disappointed and don't plan to attend again.

Reviewed by MM from Connecticut Review Date: 10/02/2014

It wasn't anything special ... some of the foods were appetizing, but quite expensive for a tiny bite. The wines were delicious, but again, expensive for a small glass. I would enjoy seeing more countries represented.

Pros:

Different cuisines/wines

Cons:

expensive

Reviewed by cindyfan Review Date: 09/27/2018

This is our favorite time to visit WDW! Love all the food and exhibits.

Pros:

Variety of foods and merchandise.

Cons:

Festival Center too far out of the way!! Needs to be more accessible to everyone. Seminars are too pricey! They need to bring back the Poland booth!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

Wine and cheese festival

Pros:

Great concept. Try foods from other nationd

Cons:

Pricey. Smalls tapas size tastes For $4 - $8

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 12/19/2015

I have long dreamed of spending my 40th birthday at the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival. My husband felt that a year early would be better! We went the 1st week of November. I did not realize that this was the week leading up to the marathon. I believe it was more crowded because runners were arriving. However, this didn't ruin my experience at all. We did a mixology seminar as well as a culinary demo, both of which were great! I didn't get to try all the booths that I wanted to try but the ones we got to were very good. I really enjoyed every item I tried. The bacon mac'n'cheese was the best! I also liked the beer flight from the Florida booth & I don't drink beer. The only problems were the night time crowds. It was crazy! We had no interest in the musical act that week but everyone else in Orlando did. The lines were very long making it very difficult to navigate the World Showcase. I hope to go back some day but will definitely avoid EPCOT at night.

Pros:

Food!!

Cons:

Crowds!!

Reviewed by SharW Review Date: 11/14/2013

All the food we tasted was excellent. Noticed the visible presence of much more security this year which may have cut down on the excessive drinking and drunk behavior that has occurred in prior years.

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Can be very crowded on Saturday

Reviewed by John Review Date: 01/06/2013

We attended the F&W Festival on 10/22 and 10/25 and found the food at the various countries to be very good. The lines were very short, but there was a lack of seating in many places.

We also found the F&W Center to be a very long way from everything and unless you were attending a demonstration there wasn't a whole lot to see of do there.

Pros:

Great Food, short lines

Cons:

F&W Center a long walk from everything, lack of seating in the World Showcase.

Other topics in Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival