Reviews of General Exhibits and Experiences

Talk about your overall experience with events such as: Festival Welcome Center, Culinary Demonstrations, Wine Seminars, Ghirardelli From the Bean to the Bar, other Special Exhibits.

At this time, please limit your reviews to the current year's Festival.

Festival Pages: http://allears.net/tp/ep/epcot-food-and-wine-festival.htm

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

Sad. We have been going for many years and this year it was a huge disappointment. Rooky mistake - we went on a Saturday when it is fall down drunk day. The crowds were out of control, and eventually they closed the gates and would not let anymore people in. People were very rude, and the sayings on some of the tee shirts were kind of unbelievable for WDW and I am no prude. The food we were actually able to try was good but the prices have definitely gone up while the portions are smaller. It used to be our favorite time of year to visit but this year was a let down for sure. I wish Disney would listen to the feedback and make changes but I am sure they won't.

Pros:

Interesting way to try new foods from all over the world

Cons:

Drunks, crowds, rude people, congestion, suggestive clothing

Reviewed by patd Review Date: 09/30/2018

Went to the Food and Wine last year with my 11 year old granddaughter and other family members. If I want to see that many falling down drunks, vomit on rides, vomit in restrooms (in a restaurant) I could go to a seedy bar. Would not recommend until they clean up the drunken behavior.

Pros:

Cons:

Drunk people.

Reviewed by MM from Connecticut Review Date: 10/02/2014

It wasn't anything special ... some of the foods were appetizing, but quite expensive for a tiny bite. The wines were delicious, but again, expensive for a small glass. I would enjoy seeing more countries represented.

Pros:

Different cuisines/wines

Cons:

expensive

Reviewed by DanInNH Review Date: 09/25/2014

The F&W festival may pull in $$$$ for Disney, but we will, from now on, vacation well around this event. We were there the week of 9/18 (soft opening day) to 9/24. We were at EPCOT three of those days. By nightfall, drunken rude people were everywhere. Lines for everything were ridiculous. We tried to eat as we walked and were bumped so many times, we spilled stuff on ourselves. We stopped to pick up our mess and were trampled. Had to watch where you stepped from others messes. Wall to wall people and all this to sample a few food items from the norm...totally not worth it. Was NOT a place I would want to take my family. Or friends. If this was our first experience with EPCOT, we might never return. Thankfully, we know the difference. 53 days of stumbling drunkeness...so we really need to have it be that long ? Go find a bar somewhere and settle in folks.

Pros:

I am still trying to think of one...

Cons:

Too many to count...crowds, drunks, spills, trash, rudeness....

Reviewed by DebQ Review Date: 06/12/2019

My daughter and I went to the Festival in October 2018. This was a first time for us and we absolutely loved it. Went on a Wednesday, and it certainly wasn't crowded. Could always find a table to eat our samplings. The variety of food and drink was amazing, and it is nice that the portions that they give your aren't so huge. You could try a lot throughout the day and not get so full. Wish we could have tried more. Coming back this fall. Will be on our "must do" list every time we come to Disney.

Pros:

Variety of food/drink. Portion size

Cons:

Expensive to try all of the foods

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2019

By far the best festival EVER. So much to eat, drink, see and do. This is a “do not miss” event. I go every year and it’s still so much fun!!!!

Pros:

Tons of different foods and drinks from around the globe. SO MUCH FUN

Cons:

Too many people during the weekends, so go during the week if possible.

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

Love food and wine festival!!!

Pros:

Love this time of year and go every year for the past 14 years for food and wine! We love eating our way around the countries.

Cons:

sometimes you have to deal with a few drunks.

Reviewed by cindyfan Review Date: 09/27/2018

This is our favorite time to visit WDW! Love all the food and exhibits.

Pros:

Variety of foods and merchandise.

Cons:

Festival Center too far out of the way!! Needs to be more accessible to everyone. Seminars are too pricey! They need to bring back the Poland booth!

Reviewed by Jen Review Date: 09/26/2018

We visited Oct 2017, and had a blast! There are so many things to try including alcoholic beverages I would no normally drink because you could get a beer flight for just $9! it was nice to be able to get a variety and share

Pros:

more than enough food and drink options

Cons:

everything is not included if you have a meal plan so it could be costly

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

Wine and cheese festival

Pros:

Great concept. Try foods from other nationd

Cons:

Pricey. Smalls tapas size tastes For $4 - $8

Other topics in Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival