Reviews of Impressions Food Booths

Discuss your general impressions about the Festival Marketplace booths.

Reviewer: dreams Review Date: 10/07/2018

We only had one day so we didn't get to experience or try a lot. We loved the Braised Beef Stroganoff, Schinkennudeln, Roast Bratwurst, the Steakhouse Blended Burger and the Impossible Burger Slider. We went back for seconds on the burgers! There are innumerable choices for drinks. Food booths are everywhere with a lot of different choices. Lines were not bad when we were there in mid September. Always enjoy walking around Epcot, even more enjoyable during the F&W Festival.

Pros:

Choices at the food booths

Cons:

prices, pay a lot for alittle

Reviewer: Toni Review Date: 10/01/2018

This is our second year going to the Food and Wine Festival. As usual per Disney standards, everything was great. Many choices, good prices. We got to try food that we may not have tried before due to the sizes of the samples. But they’re not too small to share. Also many different drinks to sample as well. Many booths spaced out all around World Showcase. Would definitely recommend.

Pros:

Fun. Lots of choices.

Cons:

Can be a tad crowded on weekends but still worth the time.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/30/2018

It's exciting to have the opportunity to try foods from so many different places but the cost can definitely add up. Portion sizes are small which allows you try a lot of different things but also can cost a lot of money. Some of booths are packed really tightly together and are really spread apart in other places which is unfortunate. As for the alcohol, it is work going your homework as some of the wines are really cheap and you would be better off just buying a bottle elsewhere and trying at home, but others are a decent value. There are a bunch of resources online to find out information about that though.

Pros:

Lots of choices Good flavors Unique opportunity

Cons:

Small portions Cost can add up quick Many booths are packed close together

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 09/30/2018

You have to go in to it expecting a "taste" more than a snack or a meal. And don't just go for the hype, choose things you want to try. We did a fruit sushi that was all the rave last year and none of us cared for it.I was with my 2 girls so we got one and each take a small taste for the booth. The things that come in cups are like a bathroom sized Dixie cup - so it isn't much at all. The other stuff is normally served in a small cardboard boat. It is a great chance to taste lots of different cultural foods but it will add up if you are trying to eat enough to get full. I don't do any of the alcohol offerings because I am with my kids and am the one driving so I can't speak to it. But there are always people who are drinking a bit too much...

Pros:

Unique opportunity to taste many different cuisines

Cons:

Portions are small, so it adds up. I wish there was a "tasters" pass like a digital punch card you could prebuy at a reduced rate and get a certain number of samples. We typically only try 2-3 things per visit to stay in budget.

Reviewer: Whitney Review Date: 09/30/2018

Husband and I went to the festival tonight for a few hours. We had the pork slider and Spam hash from Hawaii. We also had the sausage and honey wine from Ireland. While we enjoyed the food, we noticed the portion size is smaller.

Pros:

Food was hot.

Cons:

Smaller portions

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/28/2018

was there in September. Portions seemed smaller at the booths I tried. Missed Argentina booth
Food we tried was ok but nothing stood out this year. Did like the Culinary Corridor area. liked stuff at active eats.

Pros:

not crowded around noon

Cons:

crowded early evening

Reviewer: disfam4 Review Date: 09/27/2018

We love attending the F&W each fall to sample foods. We didnt have any bad food. Some weren't really our favorite but nothing was of poor quality. On Thursday, there were 2 food booths that still weren't open and it was past noon. There was nothing posted for a reason. For some reason, China always had a long line.

Pros:

Many choices, good food, small portions

Reviewer: Phyllis Rankin Review Date: 09/25/2018

My family and I have enjoyed the food and wine festival several times, most recently my husband and I went for our 20th anniversary. I love how they have the different booths set up going around the world showcase. It's nice because you can use snack credits if you are on the Disney dining plan or they have these adorable little cards with a wrist band you can put money on. As you are walking around they have menus that you can look at, makes it good if you don't like certain foods. We love to try different foods, so we truly enjoy trying everything..there is something for everyone.i recommend it for sure.

Pros:

Getting to sample different foods from different countries.using snack credits from the dining plan.

Cons:

Weather usually very hot when festival starts.

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 09/12/2018

My mom and I sampled a number of items over our two days at Food & Wine Festival this year during opening weekend. While I admit that, surprisingly for us, a lot of the best items were drinks (we aren’t big drinkers), I was very disappointed that the price for many wines has gone up a whopping $4 compared directly to last year - from $6 to $10, and of course the pour size isn’t any bigger. I thought the Ice Wine in Canada was delicious but I could not believe I paid $10 for what amounted to a shot glass’s worth.

With the negative out of the way, we enjoyed almost everything we tried. Beverage winners: Dragon Berry Refresher at Refreshment Port and the Tropical Mimosa at Shimmering Sips. Best food: Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip from Coastal Eats with a close runner up of the Spinach and Artichoke Dip from The Almond Orchard as well as the Beer-braised Beef from Belgium. Outstanding desserts were the simple classics of Coconut Rice Pudding in Mexico; Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Hops & Barley; and Creme Brûlée with Raspberry Jam from France.

We only tried a few things that we really didn’t like. The Hard Sparkling Coconut Pineapple Water from Active Eats...I’m not even sure how to describe it but it was bad and disappointing. Sounds like it could be delicious but it absolutely wasn’t. The New Brunswick Slider from Hops & Barley - the beef was tender but I could not believe how SPICY this was. I’m from Buffalo; we love our Beef on Weck with horseradish, and this slider mentions Horseradish Cream. This was on another level. My mom and I both experienced burning mouths, tongues, and even lips that didn’t go away until after several bottles of water, carrot cake, braised beef and a waffle from Belgium, and we were well into Creme brûlée from France before the burning stopped. There should be a warning on this! The Black Pepper Shrimp in China was also spicier than I remembered but at least that is somewhat expected.

One other general downer: the milkshake machine at The Chocolate Studio was already broken by 9pm on Day 2 of the Festival. They were still serving the Chocolate and Pumpkin Chai Caramel “Shakes

Pros:

Many delicious options; great for sharing; popular booths have two sets of registers to keep lines moving

Cons:

Prices of drinks has gone up significantly

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

The 2017 Food and Wine Festival is now a pleasant memory. I especially enjoyed France's goat cheese pudding and creme brûlée with raspberry jam, the quesito at Islands of the Caribbean, Scotland's citrus thistle cocktail, China's black pepper shrimp, Hawaii's passion fruit cheese cake, Australia's bush berry shrimp, Mexico's tequila chipotle shrimp, the Limoncello margarita in Italy and Greece's bougatsa. Hands down, the desserts were the winners this year (in my book). There were many things on my list I didn't have a chance to try, as always happens. With drinks averaging $10 and many food tastes at $6+ money seems to evaporate but that's Disney! The only disappointment was the pomegranate beer was sold out when I stopped for it on Nov.7. I really wanted to try it. Of couse the crowds were awful on the weekend and even one of the Mondays I was there. But overall, lines moved quickly and cast members were efficient and pleasant. Can't wait for Festival 2018! Hope the pomegranate beer is back!

Pros:

Lots of good items this year

Cons:

some prices high, lines very long at times