Reviews of General Exhibits and Experiences

Talk about your overall experience with events such as: Festival Welcome Center, Culinary Demonstrations, Wine Seminars, Ghirardelli From the Bean to the Bar, other Special Exhibits.

At this time, please limit your reviews to the current year's Festival.

Festival Pages: http://allears.net/tp/ep/epcot-food-and-wine-festival.htm

Reviewed by DebQ Review Date: 06/12/2019

My daughter and I went to the Festival in October 2018. This was a first time for us and we absolutely loved it. Went on a Wednesday, and it certainly wasn't crowded. Could always find a table to eat our samplings. The variety of food and drink was amazing, and it is nice that the portions that they give your aren't so huge. You could try a lot throughout the day and not get so full. Wish we could have tried more. Coming back this fall. Will be on our "must do" list every time we come to Disney.

Pros:

Variety of food/drink. Portion size

Cons:

Expensive to try all of the foods

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2019

By far the best festival EVER. So much to eat, drink, see and do. This is a “do not miss” event. I go every year and it’s still so much fun!!!!

Pros:

Tons of different foods and drinks from around the globe. SO MUCH FUN

Cons:

Too many people during the weekends, so go during the week if possible.

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

Love food and wine festival!!!

Pros:

Love this time of year and go every year for the past 14 years for food and wine! We love eating our way around the countries.

Cons:

sometimes you have to deal with a few drunks.

Reviewed by cindyfan Review Date: 09/27/2018

This is our favorite time to visit WDW! Love all the food and exhibits.

Pros:

Variety of foods and merchandise.

Cons:

Festival Center too far out of the way!! Needs to be more accessible to everyone. Seminars are too pricey! They need to bring back the Poland booth!

Reviewed by Jen Review Date: 09/26/2018

We visited Oct 2017, and had a blast! There are so many things to try including alcoholic beverages I would no normally drink because you could get a beer flight for just $9! it was nice to be able to get a variety and share

Pros:

more than enough food and drink options

Cons:

everything is not included if you have a meal plan so it could be costly

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

Wine and cheese festival

Pros:

Great concept. Try foods from other nationd

Cons:

Pricey. Smalls tapas size tastes For $4 - $8

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/25/2018

Our family loves this event so much we came here on 2 different days of our 5 day vacation. Food is awesome and hard to pick your favorite

Pros:

Wide variety to taste

Cons:

Would be nice if some of the tastes were either slightly bigger in size or slightly cheaper as having a family of 6 tasting got really expensive quickly

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 09/12/2018

We visited on Days 2 and 3 of this year’s Food & Wine Festival, August 30th and September 1st. For being both the opening weekend (Friday-Saturday) and the Labor Day holiday weekend, the crowds were much more manageable than expected, which was a pleasant surprise. Of course there were choke points but I was planning for much worse. We didn’t even witness any drunken debauchery, which I had heard was becoming more of a problem over the years.

Saw lots of cute F&WF merchandise in MouseGears as well as the merch booths scattered around the park. Visited the Festival Center briefly for breakfast at the Mimosa Bar. It was pretty empty at 9:30-9:45am but it looked like a nice setup (my first time ever in the building!).

We sampled many options from the Marketplace booths and I’ll review those separately. Overall, I really like Food & Wine (I was happy when Flower & Garden started offering some food kiosks as spring travel has worked better with my schedule for the last 5 years or so) and I’m glad I was able to visit again this year since our last visit during this time was back in 2011!

Pros:

Crowds much better than expected; lots of cute merchandise

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 12/19/2015

I have long dreamed of spending my 40th birthday at the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival. My husband felt that a year early would be better! We went the 1st week of November. I did not realize that this was the week leading up to the marathon. I believe it was more crowded because runners were arriving. However, this didn't ruin my experience at all. We did a mixology seminar as well as a culinary demo, both of which were great! I didn't get to try all the booths that I wanted to try but the ones we got to were very good. I really enjoyed every item I tried. The bacon mac'n'cheese was the best! I also liked the beer flight from the Florida booth & I don't drink beer. The only problems were the night time crowds. It was crazy! We had no interest in the musical act that week but everyone else in Orlando did. The lines were very long making it very difficult to navigate the World Showcase. I hope to go back some day but will definitely avoid EPCOT at night.

Pros:

Food!!

Cons:

Crowds!!

Reviewed by Fitzboyzmom Review Date: 04/25/2015

I attended this for the first time in September with my son. We had planned to hangout here for a couple days, but never came back after the first day. Some of the food was good and it was fun to try some new things. It was not fun eating on top of garbage cans or trying to beat someone to a table. At one location, my son sat at a high table while I was in line and some woman went and stood in front of it because I guess she thought he was invisible or didn't count. She left as soon as I arrived....but weird.

There were so many people drinking so much, that it really wasn't place for children of any age. I get it and like to indulge, but it was not a place for families at all. I was really disappointed and don't plan to attend again.

Other topics in Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival