Reviews of General Exhibits and Experiences

Talk about your overall experience with events such as: Festival Welcome Center, Culinary Demonstrations, Wine Seminars, Ghirardelli From the Bean to the Bar, other Special Exhibits.

At this time, please limit your reviews to the current year's Festival.

Festival Pages: http://allears.net/tp/ep/epcot-food-and-wine-festival.htm

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/18/2019

By far the best festival EVER. So much to eat, drink, see and do. This is a “do not miss” event. I go every year and it’s still so much fun!!!!

Pros:

Tons of different foods and drinks from around the globe. SO MUCH FUN

Cons:

Too many people during the weekends, so go during the week if possible.

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

Love food and wine festival!!!

Pros:

Love this time of year and go every year for the past 14 years for food and wine! We love eating our way around the countries.

Cons:

sometimes you have to deal with a few drunks.

Reviewed by Jen Review Date: 09/26/2018

We visited Oct 2017, and had a blast! There are so many things to try including alcoholic beverages I would no normally drink because you could get a beer flight for just $9! it was nice to be able to get a variety and share

Pros:

more than enough food and drink options

Cons:

everything is not included if you have a meal plan so it could be costly

Reviewed by Imjustababyduck Review Date: 10/11/2014

My husband and I bought the premium package for the late night food and wine street party (or whatever it's called). Our package included the following for each of us -- a bottle of Chianti, a wine glass, a insulated gift bag, a box made of chocolate that held 4 truffles, a premium package lanyard and badge. I like the wine glasses better than the ones you could buy in the Festival Shop. The chocolates were pretty and tasty.

The premium lanyard and badge gave us roped off seating and "cut in line access" to several booths and were located throughout the festival. These areas were kind of hard to locate, but they were never busy and were well staffed.

The Thursday Night Street Party was really a lot of fun. You had to get your food/beverage lanyard for your free items from guest services. During the Thursday Night Party these lanyards allow you to get 6 free items from the booths that remained opened. You can use them for food or alcohol. If you use them wisely, you can recoup upwards of $75.00 of your money paid for the package back. For those who bought the $99.00 package, it makes it a really good deal.

The lines weren't long, and the staff was very friendly. There was great entertainment and different areas. There was a techno/dance area; a singer/songwriter area, and a bar type area.

We went for the first party and things went very smoothly, especially for the first night. I loved this and would definitely do it again. I think it was worth the money.

Pros:

All of it

Reviewed by hstuck Review Date: 10/23/2013

Attended the Food & Wine Fest 10/18-10/21. Great as usual! I think unless you are in the food bizz, you can't truly imagine how hard this type of event is to pull off. I am impressed every year..truly, how hard everyone works to make this a truly incredible event. The food booths churn out this massive amount of food that is PERFECT...my white wines are cold, my reds are even perfect temp...and the food is just amazing. The crowds are handled very well on the weekends...yes, it's crowded but the lines move. There will always be drunk folks but I didn't think it was any worse this year. You can't control that. I will say, bringing more beer in is a great idea to get the beer drinkers involved and spirits for those that like liquor, but that drunk factor is going to rise now. We'll see if that causes some changes in the years to come. I still love this though and the special events are extraordinary!!! The festival shops are great and LOVE the paintings by Heather French - visit her Whiskers and Wine paintings while at the F&W fest....she is one GREAT artist! Looking forward to next October!!

Pros:

Amazing Event!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/25/2018

Our family loves this event so much we came here on 2 different days of our 5 day vacation. Food is awesome and hard to pick your favorite

Pros:

Wide variety to taste

Cons:

Would be nice if some of the tastes were either slightly bigger in size or slightly cheaper as having a family of 6 tasting got really expensive quickly

Reviewed by bellebookworm9 Review Date: 09/12/2018

We visited on Days 2 and 3 of this year’s Food & Wine Festival, August 30th and September 1st. For being both the opening weekend (Friday-Saturday) and the Labor Day holiday weekend, the crowds were much more manageable than expected, which was a pleasant surprise. Of course there were choke points but I was planning for much worse. We didn’t even witness any drunken debauchery, which I had heard was becoming more of a problem over the years.

Saw lots of cute F&WF merchandise in MouseGears as well as the merch booths scattered around the park. Visited the Festival Center briefly for breakfast at the Mimosa Bar. It was pretty empty at 9:30-9:45am but it looked like a nice setup (my first time ever in the building!).

We sampled many options from the Marketplace booths and I’ll review those separately. Overall, I really like Food & Wine (I was happy when Flower & Garden started offering some food kiosks as spring travel has worked better with my schedule for the last 5 years or so) and I’m glad I was able to visit again this year since our last visit during this time was back in 2011!

Pros:

Crowds much better than expected; lots of cute merchandise

Reviewed by Imjustababyduck Review Date: 10/08/2014

During our weeklong stay at WDW, my husband and I did several culinary demonstrations and mixology classes. We found the culinary demonstrations to be a very nice way to try some nice food that was cost effective, and didn't take up 4 hours of your day. (We also did a lot of food and wine pairings which take hours out of your day). I think if you enjoy the food booths, then the culinary demonstrations (which take about 45 minutes and give you a tapas sized plate) are a great way to maximize your time at food and wine. With the demonstrations, you are not stuffed full at the end, and you have the time (and room) to try the food at the booths. The mixology seminars were fun and informative, but I did prefer the culinary demonstrations over the mixology.

Pros:

Quick and inexpensive

Cons:

None, really

Reviewed by dcdeb Review Date: 10/05/2014

I went to the Mixology session, which is held in the Vineyard area of Epcot's Festival Center, on Saturday, September 20, the second day the session on gin was offered. The format for these Mixology sessions hasn't changed since the program's inception three years ago -- and that's not a complaint. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! And this format works. The presenter tells you a little bit about the background of the spirit, in this case gin, and of course about his/her particular company. Interpersed with the history lessons, the Mixologist shows the audience how to prepare three different cocktails using the spirit, while sharing "insider" tips and tricks for preparing the best cocktails possible. And then of course there is what is arguably the "best" portion of the event: the audience is treated to samples of the mixed drinks themselves. You can read the rest of my review of this Mixology session here:

Pros:

Fun atmosphere, chance to try 3 cocktails and learn tips from a mixologist

Cons:

Interferes with dinner hour a bit

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 11/20/2013

This was our third time attending the F&W Festival. We were there on 11/3/13 form 11am until 4pm. We really enjoyed the Canadian, French and US booths. The real stand out was the French beef bourguignon, and the US lobster tails and clam chowder. The only negatives I’ll mentions are the crowds (but I expected that on a Sunday), and the number of drunks. I think Disney needs to do a better job of limiting the number of drinks a person can have in a day. The Escargot we had at the French booth was way over cooked which made them chew like little rubber bands – not very pleasant.

Pros:

Great food

Cons:

Drunken fools