Reviews of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Breakfast

View Menus at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Dining Location

Read more about Akershus including links to the menus and videos here: http://allears.net/dining/location/akershus-royal-banquet-hall

Princess Storybook Character Breakfast
Norway - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewer: maze4 Review Date: 10/01/2018

Ate here in July celebrating my moms 70 & daughter 10th birthdays. Arrived on time and took us in after having to park ECV. You get picture with Belle then you get seated. Other princesses arrive we had Sleeping beauty, snow white, cinderella. They put us in room all by ourselves and it took forever for the princesses to realize we were there. The food was subpar not alit of options. Cold cuts & cheese, eggs. Turkey sausage. Bacon. It is way overpriced for food. But to meet princesses would recommend it. Was there early enough that should have gotten done early enough to jump on Frozen before park opened but took 2 hrs waiting for princesses. We will not return

Pros:

Meeting princesses, get done early enough to ride Frozen without FP

Cons:

Variety if food lacking

Reviewer: Georgia G Review Date: 09/29/2018

Great for meeting more than one princess without waiting in long lines. Nice enviroment and good food.

Pros:

I was alone and didn't have a reservation. So I went for rope drop and rushed to the line. I nicely asked to the cast members if I could have a table and they were kindly enough to let me in!

Cons:

The food is no big deal, it's ok. Go if you like the interaction with the princesses going to your table and spending some time with you. I also recommend going early in the morning if you like more quiet and peaceful meals.

Reviewer: Jenn Review Date: 09/29/2018

This is a favorite of my husband's. The food is delicious. My girls absolutely love the princesses they get to see. Ariel gave me a tip to use a dinglehopper to brush my redheads hair to help it grow.

Pros:

Only takes 1 sit down on dining plan, able to see a lot of princesses, food great, able to get on frozen quickly.

Cons:

N/a

Reviewer: HWFrieds Review Date: 09/27/2018

Great for adults and children

Pros:

buffet choices (traditional foods) and the family style service of the eggs, etc. Princess / Prince parade includes the children. Had a 9:10 AM reservation and got on the Frozen ride prior to being seated.

Cons:

Princesses are very quick to visit the table; I felt they were rushed and some of them were a bit standoffish during the visit

Reviewer: Susan Onken Review Date: 09/26/2018

I had never been to a character meal, so I booked a solo lunch. As a 64 year old grey haired \"princess,\" I was treated like a queen! I had a table near the buffet area, and could see into the main banquet hall. I enjoyed seeing the looks of pure joy on the little princess' faces when Belle and Snow White and the others made their rounds, and I figured they wouldn't stop by my table, but each one did, engaging me in conversations and posing for pictures. The best was Mary Poppins, who confided that Bert had been behaving quite childishly that day, and she was going to have a little talk with him later about his behavior! The food was very good ( Try the brown cheese, it's delicious!), and the waitress took the time to tell me about her favorite desserts from her home Norway. She brought me a sample dessert plate of 3 little cakes, the apple cake being my favorite. I felt I was treated just as nicely as all the younger princesses there, and it is one of my favorite memories of all my Disney experiences!

Pros:

Good food, memorable chats with Aurora and Mary Poppins.

Reviewer: Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

Excellent breakfast, great princesses, accommodating service. My son wanted Mickey waffles which are not on the menu, and our server was happy to put in a special order. Same for my nieces who wanted scrambled egg whites. My only issues are that it is really far away when you're hungry first thing in the morning(!), and that the earliest reservation is 8:05a. We are unlikely to go back for breakfast, simply for how far away it is -- especially if you enter Epcot from France and have to walk all the way around the north side of the lake to get there.

Pros:

Princesses, service, food

Cons:

Distance, time

Reviewer: bosslady79 Review Date: 03/16/2016

The food was good with the exception of the Van's gluten free waffles. All other sit down breakfasts made fresh Mickey Waffles. These were brought to the table with no butter or syrup. The server was no where to be found to get these items.

Pros:

Princesses and food

Cons:

chef did not address Gluten issues

Reviewer: mishawnam Review Date: 02/15/2016

Our party of 3 ate here on 1/25/16. After checking in we waited about 10 minutes.

After placing our drink order we headed to the buffet. It was very impressive. Love the yogurt and fresh fruits. My daughter ate so many strawberries. Also a nice pastry selection. Then our food came. Yum. The eggs were your standard eggs. We all loved the potato casserole.

It was a nice pace that you could actually eat and visit with the princesses. My 4 year old daughter loved it. We did the princess parade twice. We met Belle, Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora, and Mulan.

Our only negative was our server. She wasn't very attentive. We asked for refills and after waiting 15 minutes asked another server who finally brought them for us.

Overall I highly recommend if your little ones want to meet the princesses.

Pros:

Food, characters, theming

Cons:

Server

Reviewer: OTEYS Review Date: 10/27/2015

This is our favorite place for breakfast in all of Disney World. We had a party of 6 with one 8 year old princess among us. She loves getting to meet each princess and participating in the royal princess procession. The food doesn't disappoint either. Between the items on the cold side and the hot plate that you get to share, it is fabulous! Our favorites are the potatoes that come on the hot plate. We will definitely return!

Pros:

Princesses, Food, Atmosphere

Reviewer: rak2418185 Review Date: 01/18/2015

The first time we went here my daughter was 3 . She was treated like a "real" princess. Pictures,autographs,hugs ,the works ! We went back three other times and each time the same expierience even had Snow White and Jasmine sing Happy Birthday to her when she was 4! Now 14 we went last spring, she ASKED for this breakfast. It was like she was 3 again. This spring we will be going back to WDW and again she asked for this meal !!!You know it's being done right when a teenage girl asks for something she did when she was 3-7!! Breakfast is great -lunch I wasn't a fan ,but breakfast is great. You have to remember that this is Norweigen food, not the local diner! !! If you have little girls, of any age ,this is the place to be. By far it has been and is one of the highlights of our trips!!

Pros:

food,princesses