Reviews of Wolfgang Puck Express Marketplace

View Menus at Wolfgang Puck Express Dining Location

Counter Service Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Snacks
Disney Springs Marketplace

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/wolfgang-puck-express-marketplace/all-day

All Ears Review: http://www.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2008/03/wolfgang_puck_express_marketpl.html

Reviewer: mycadoo Review Date: 01/30/2013

I don't know if it was an off day, but the food's shortcomings were only surpassed by the staff's unfriendly demeanor. Don't waste your time and Wolfie.... Shame on you!

Pros:

Cons:

Grainy sauce, cold food

Reviewer: enjrob Review Date: 01/15/2013

OK. Evidently there are two Wolfgang Puck Expresses - one in West Side, one in Marketplace. Unfortunately we ate at the West Side. On the plus side, servings were big and the service was great. I managed to drop two of our desserts (didn't open, just a little messy) and the server brought us out two more. I don't know what was going on, but when we were there they didn't have a full menu. We should have gotten the pizza I guess. All we could choose from was 4 cold sandwiches, salads, and mac n cheese. We should have listened to the reviews and avoided the pasta. Hubby got the adult mac n cheese and our kids got the kids' mac n cheese. None of them liked it. My kids would live on mac n cheese if I would let them. They ate maybe 1/3 of their plates and said it wasn't any good. I got the rotisserie chicken club but it didn't come w/any chips. It was good and filling but just a typical deli type sandwich. For dessert we could chose from cookies, brownies, carrot cake, or key lime pie. We picked the carrot cake and key lime pie. One carrot cake went to waste b/c no one liked it (and carrot cake is one of my fave desserts). Key lime pie was ok. Hopefully all of these good reviews are for the Marketplace location, b/c the one in West Side isn't deserving of any good review. I wish I would have realized there were two different ones b4 we ate. No wonder I was confused. Oh well, maybe next time. GO TO THE WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS IN MARKETPLACE!!!!

Pros:

service, serving sizes

Cons:

pasta, selection

Reviewer: mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/09/2017

We ate here for the appeal of tableservice at a quickservice location. My mom ordered the bacon wrapped meatloaf and loved. The sides were delicious. My husband loved his burger but I was not super thrilled with my chicken sandwich. It doesn't make my must have list but it is a decent option.

Pros:

Tableservice style at QS price

Cons:

Lines seem long

Reviewer: Imjustababyduck Review Date: 11/25/2013

We usually go to Downtown Disney on our last day and eat here. Generally, the food is very good. On this trip, it was just ok. The best thing on our table was the kid's meal of chicken strips and fries. I had the curry chicken salad and crème brulee. My DH had the squash soup and the meatloaf platter. The kids had chicken and mac & cheese. My salad was good, but not really great and very hard to eat. The soup (usually delicious) was hardly edible. The meatloaf was okay and the mac & cheese was dry. The crème brulee was not edible. None of us could eat it.

Next trip to Downtown Disney we will try somewhere else. We stopped eating at the Cafe' because the food had gotten so bad. Guess it is now trickled down to Express.

Pros:

Quick service

Reviewer: Bongi22 Review Date: 08/27/2015

We ordered two pizzas. One pepperoni and one margarita.
Both pies came out quickly and the ingredients tasted terrific. Both of them came out slightly undercooked, The flavors themselves were outstanding, but another 2 minutes in the oven would have made the difference between a good pizza and a must have.
We have had nothing but great experiences here in the past, so I will write this off to the fact that we were there late ( around 10 ) and whoever was working the oven just made a slight miscalculation...
I'm likely to hit it again before my vacation is over, which should tell you that I'm still very happy with WPC.

It is still my favorite place to grab food in the Downtown area.

Pros:

Quick, Friendly staff, worth the price

Cons:

Slightly undercooked.

Reviewer: Feller Review Date: 07/02/2014

6/24/14 evening. Food ok for the price. The cashier was struggling with her English, but she was trying hard.
The server was like he didn't care if he was there or not. Not friendly at all. Never came back to ck on us. No tip because of the service. Next time go out to a local pizza place.

Pros:

Food was ok

Cons:

Service

Reviewer: Dfan79 Review Date: 05/19/2014

If you are on the DDP then Wolfgang is one of those places you might want to check out. You can definitely get your money’s worth if you‘re not paying out of pocket. It is the most expensive counter I have ever seen in Disney World. You could end up spending over 25 dollars in food and drinks. The last time I looked The Salmon was 18 bucks and the Crème Brulee and Cheesecakes were 6 bucks each. They also have Free Refills, which helps you get your money’s worth even more. There is so much to choose from at Wolfgang and it all looks like an actual chef made each entree. The food doesn’t look like it’s been sitting under heat lamps all day like at some counter services. They’ve got real ovens in their open kitchen that they cook with. And I like how all the cooks are dressed in professional white outfits, like you might see on Iron Chef America.

This time I got the Pepperoni Pizza, which is a decent size and it’s really good. It’s a notch above most franchise table restaurants like Bertucci‘s. A waitress came over and grated cheese over mine the old fashioned way. It was thin, but the flavors from the sauce and oils were a great combo. For dessert I got the prepackaged Brownie with the Pizza. I unwrapped it and took a bite and preplanned to save the rest for later. But it was too good to not consume right there and then. I was amazed how delicious and moist it was despite just coming out of a clear package. My dad got the Crème Brulee with a strawberry in the middle of it. I’m not a fan of them, but it looked really good as well. It looks like the ones you see at table services all the time.

The Atmosphere is a plus for Wolfgang as well, it’s fancy for a counter service. I like the elegant arched white and wood ceilings. There’s numerous windows and lights to brighten up the place too. The lights look like Asian hats hanging from the ceiling. There’s plenty of seats inside and even outside if you are unlike me and don’t mind the heat.

The only negative things I have to say when it comes to Wolfgang are about the tipping and the location. I didn’t like feeling forced to tip for a counter service no matter how nice it was. But you are getting so much with the meal and services that you kinda have to. Plus the waitresses are so nice that your uncheap side actually wants to. The second negative thing about it is the location. It’s at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs, which I don‘t really feel a need to visit every trip. It’s just an outside shopping mall with overpriced goods.

Pros:

Food, DDP Value

Cons:

Location

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 04/01/2014

As usual, WPE did not disappoint. I wanted something light so I chose the BBQ Chicken Salad, sans onions. Chose a table outside and enjoyed the breeze. The salad was very good when it arrived. Just what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, I just wasn't impressed with my server. I was never offered a drink refill, she hardly ever came by to ask me how the meal was, and I waited almost 25 minutes after I was done with the salad before she came outside so I could ask for my dessert. Even then, she disappeared for quite some time before bringing over my frozen yogurt.

Food was good but service left something to be desired.

Pros:

Excellent food, good value

Cons:

Spotty service

Reviewer: jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

This is a must do for us at least once per trip and it is always consistently awesome. We had the pesto and goat cheese pizza, pasta with chicken, peas and cream sauce and margarita pizza and all were great. Food is fresh and hot, service is excellent and they even serve my favorite tropical iced tea! We will return, as usual!

Pros:

Food, service

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 11/20/2017

We love the food here and while in the past we went and used the dining plan we paid out of pocket this time. Most of us had pizza, DD had the chicken tenders. Their pizza is so good! The staff was attentive and we had a great lunch here on 9/5.

Pros:

attentive staff, great food and convenient when shopping

Cons:

can't think of one