Reviews of Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar

View Menus at Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar Dining Location

Cuisines: Italian
Read more about Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar including a link to the menu here:

Italian wine cellar with food and drinks

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 03/04/2017

We have dined at Tutto Gusto several times now. We love the fact that we can walk up without a reservation, and order a few small plates and glasses of wine and relax. The one thing we have noticed the past couple of visits, though most noticeably this last time, is the lack of interest of the cast members. There were 3 of them at the podium when we walked up. Nobody said hi, nobody asked if we'd like a table, nothing. I said hi, and we were a party of three. They all seemed surprised. One of them brought us inside and seated us. It was at least 5-10 mins before our server came and asked if we'd like drinks. Again, she seemed surprised that we wanted to order food. We asked for bread, she said she'd bring it. Ten minutes goes by and no bread. My husband asked, and she thought we would want it when the food came. Really? I've never seen bread served with the food. She brought it about 2 minutes before our food came. Now, the food and the bread were excellent, and we will likely be back. I do wish the CM training here were better, though!

Pros:

Quality of the food

Cons:

hate to say it, but cast members

Reviewed by gismo1554 Review Date: 06/06/2019

Been here many times but in May we went and when we asked for a table a drink were told we couldn't sit we had to go to the bar. The place was empty and I said "we've always been able to before come in and just have a drink and some nibbles" and she reluctantly agreed. As a disabled guest I don't find standing at a bar any good and can't walk with a drink so therefore this place has always been a god send. If it had been busy I could have understood them restricting people not coming in for full meals to some extent but we made the second table of people in the place and during our visit only one other table came in.

Pros:

Airconditioned seating

Cons:

Staff were rude

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/31/2019

Rude

Pros:

Air con

Cons:

To dark inside to see. Menus complicated and staff were rude and not helpful.

Reviewed by momandmousefan Review Date: 05/25/2017

I wish I could give this more stars. Our previous visits were wonderful. This time however was very much not. We were told at the hostess stand a table would be ready in minutes, but it turned out to be more like 15 minutes while we stood outside in the hot sun. Once finally inside, our waitress Maria took our order and we never saw her again until almost the end of the meal. We wanted to order more but after sitting for 15-20 minutes with empty dishes and wine glasses I went to the hostess stand to ask if they could find our waitress. Knowing others were probably waiting outside like we did I told them we'd like to check out and they could have an open table. They just flippantly pointed across the restaurant and said she was in the back. 5 minutes later I flagged down the manager (I think) who just shrugged and said "she's over there" He must have rethought his attitude a little bit as he eventually went and got her. After about 30 minutes we finally got our bill and she almost ran off again without taking our card. We were so flustered from trying to get someone to actually take our money that we didn't even realize we didn't get our DVC discount either. Very disappointing to watch other waitresses take care of tables around us while we sat with no service for over a half hour. No apologies were ever given. I've literally never been treated so rudely by a staff in any other restaurant in my life.

Pros:

it's air conditioned

Cons:

horrible service

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

I had lunch here in April anticipating pecorino wine and the small plate of pomodoro cavatappi. I got my wine (up $2 since my fall visit) but the menu had changed a lot. My pomodoro was gone and the only small plate pasta they were offering that day was a pasta with lamb ragu. I ordered it-it was good-put not pomodoro. I was given a full size dessert menu-not the usual mini desserts. The lemoncello panna cotta was good as was the cappuccino. Since I got home, I see the menu at Tutto Gusto has changed to basically the Tutto Italia menu. Not the nice little lunches anymore. Hope they keep the pecorino wine on the menu.

Pros:

pecorino wine and good food

Cons:

small plates disappearing-new menu

Reviewed by tkyes Review Date: 09/26/2018

When the crowds are crazy and we just want to sit and take a break with a great snack, this is where we go. Really good charcuterie platters, great drinks, great staff. Depending on what you order, it does add up quickly and can get expensive.

Pros:

Great food, great atmosphere. Great place to get away from the crowds.

Cons:

Can be loud and hard to hear your server.

Reviewed by dcdeb Review Date: 02/16/2014

Have tried Tutto Gusto during the day and at dinner time recently. Loved the small plates concept -- makes this the perfect spot for lingering over a glass or two of wine while nibbling on some savory treats. Loved the mozzarella and tomato panini! In the evening, I was pleasantly surprised to find them offering an abbreviated menu from Tutto Italia next door, in addition to their usual tapas-style dishes. The intimate atmosphere and congenial Italian waitstaff makes this feel like a very authentic experience. I will definitely be going back.

Pros:

Cozy atmosphere; perfect spot to sit back and unwind

Cons:

No reservations taken.

Reviewed by Tampa Mom Review Date: 07/21/2013

This is sort of a semi-review, because while we ate here, the food was from the Tutto Italia menu. The only tables TI had available were on the porch, and since my daughter was feeling bad from the heat, we wanted to eat where there was air conditioning. They very helpfully recommended going next door to Tutto Gusto, where we could get the same food. We did, and am I glad.

We were seated at a sort of conversation circle - a loveseat and two ottomans set around a coffee table. There were only a handful of small tables, and they were already taken. My husband and older daughter were a bit doubtful about eating on ottomans, but got used to it quickly. It turned out well, though, because it allowed my younger daughter to partially lie down and doze on the loveseat while we waited for our food. This made her feel *much* better, and she was full of energy for the rest of the evening.

Our server was friendly and helpful. Most of the people there were drinking rather than eating a meal, but she made sure to check on us frequently. The food from Tutto Italia was fantastic. My husband had the gnocchettti, my older daughter had the lasagna alla bolognese, and my younger daughter had the fettucine vecchia roma. They all raved about their pasta. I was in the mood for steak, and had the bistecca del macellaio. It was thinner than I like my steak, but that's my fault for not asking questions. It was still very tasty, and the rosemary potatoes were excellent.

I highly recommend Tutto Gusto as an alternative if you find yourself unable to get a table at Tutto Italia. We had a lovely relaxed meal with the same great food.

Pros:

Great service, delicious food

Cons:

Odd seating, but not too bad

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

I stopped here for a light dinner and I enjoyed it so much. First of all, they serve Pecorino wine which I like very much and most places don't have it. The small plate of pomodoro pasta was actually quite generous and satisfying. It's been a couple years since I've eaten here and I've already made up my mind I'll eat here again on my next visit. So good.

Pros:

Totally enjoyable!

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 09/15/2015

We were here in mid August, and have been here now a few times. LOVE IT! Our daughters had just turned 21 prior to our trip, so this was their first time getting to order wine in a place like this. We ended up ordering a platter with cheese and prosciutto, and a few pasta plates. Everything was amazing...the wines we all ordered were wonderful. It is expensive here, without a doubt...but a great experience that we will definitely repeat.