Reviews of Spice Road Table

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Mediterranean

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Other/Ethnic
Read more about Spice Road Table including links to the menus here:

Spice Road Table in the Morocco pavilion opened January 20, 2014. It features Mediterranean small plates, with 60 seats indoors and 120 seats outdoors.

Reviewed by monorailmom Review Date: 03/04/2017

We ate here on a practically perfect evening! It was just slightly chilly, so they had the portable heaters on. We had a perfect view of Spaceship Earth lit up for the evening from our table. We had a few small plates to share among 3 of us, the shrimp, the brie fondue, and the calamari. All were excellent. Our server was excellent, both pleasantly chatty and efficient at the same time. It was really a nice evening I hope to repeat some day!

Pros:

View, service

Cons:

challenging menu for picky eaters

Reviewed by jgilbert813 Review Date: 12/05/2016

I really hope this was an off night and not representative of the day to day service at this location. Of all the Table Service meals we had on our trip, this was by far, the one I was most looking forward to.

We had reservations for 6:25, and we were seated promptly. We were given a table on the patio. The temperature had started to drop and we asked if they could turn the patio heaters on. We were told that nobody knew how to get them going! It's the 1st of December and nobody figured out how to turn on the heaters?!? Ok, moving on....we ordered our drinks, and our waitress disappeared for about 20 minutes, came back with our drinks and took our order. Again, 45 minutes later our food arrived. My wife got the lamb sliders, and I ordered the coriander rack of lamb. The food was good, not great but good.

All in all, I love the architecture and location of the Spice Road Table. The food was just OK, but the service was very disappointing. I do hope it was just a bad night......

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Service

Reviewed by bookworm_julie Review Date: 02/04/2014

They offer two sampler platters (one meat, one seafood), and we each ordered one. I had the meat and while I could tell it was clearly cooked properly and was well seasoned, it was not to my liking. I did enjoy the chicken roll. My friend had the seafood one and didn't finish it - it was not too her liking either.
To get a full meal you would easily have to spend a lot of money. At $7 to $10 per small plate, you'd need many orders to make a complete meal.
The service was so so - we were mostly ignored and we were the only people in the place. We left hungry and went to France for dessert.

Pros:

opportunity to try many different things on the menu

Cons:

really expensive for the food you get

Reviewed by Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

The location of this restaurant is very unique. We sat in the outside area right by the water, where they show the \"reflections of earth\" performance each night at Disney's Epcot. I ordered the hummus and olives for my appetizer. It came with two flavors of hummus - plain and tomato - and a small amount of olives. Everything tasted great, but I really was expecting more olives considering they were part of the title of the appetizer. For my entrée I ordered the mixed grill. It came with two skewers of meat, Rice, and green beans. Both skewers of meat were overcooked. I had a very hard time getting them off the skewers. I only ate two pieces from each skewer.

Pros:

Beautiful setting; can see the fireworks if you are seated outside and time it right.

Cons:

Food was not that great.

Reviewed by MVClause Review Date: 06/06/2014

My DH and I stopped at Spice Road table in our attempt to eat around "the world". DH ordered a dark beer. That was what it was called--Dark beer. He enjoyed it, but said that it tasted like Newcastle. We ordered the meat skewers--one chicken and one steak. Both were just good--not great, just ok. Over all, I wasn't impressed. The skewers were $12. There were 3 pieces of chicken and 1 3 inch long piece of steak. A little pricey for me, even by Disney standards. I will give it another shot, however.

Pros:

small plates

Cons:

prices, offerings

Reviewed by rickg Review Date: 01/25/2014

We ate at SRT the second night it was open. We ate inside next to a window. The view was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive. We had the Tingis Sampler which consists of a Lamb Slider, Harissa Chicken Roll and Merguez Sausage. The Lamb Slider and Harissa Chicken Roll weren't bad. The Meruez Sausage was way too spicy for me and I didn't care for the taste. Also we had the Salted Cod Croquettes. The Salted Cod Croquettes were, indeed, very salty. The sundried tomato aioli and the black olive tapenade to dip them in was very good. For dessert, we had the Chocolate Pyramid with Almond ice cream and the Saffron Lemon Custard. Both desserts were excellent. I think for the money spent, there are many other restaurants I would prefer to eat at at EPCOT.

Pros:

Very good theming and good location to watch Illuminations

Cons:

Pricey

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 04/18/2019

We visited Spice Road in March 2019. We wanted to try something new and we were pleasantly surprised. My husband and I both got the Chicken and Beef skewers and they were very tasty. They put a seven spice combo on the meat and it was fantastic. Waitress was great.

Pros:

Most of the restaurants we go to seating is mostly inside-this was a nice break as we could sit outside and look at the water.

Reviewed by Environmentalist Review Date: 07/24/2014

Spice Road Table is a fantastic place to eat. The food tastes wonderful, it's relatively uncrowded for a new restaurant and the view is amazing - right along the World Showcase lagoon. The theming of the restaurant is vintage Disney - you really do feel like you have stepped into an outdoor cafe. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.

One note - it is pricey. Food is served tapas style, which is fine, but the prices are pretty outrageous, even at Disney levels, for the amount of food you get. Moreover, some plates provide far more food than other for the same price. We were aware of this going in and the prices still surprised us. Definitely be prepared to pay more than you expect here!

Pros:

Tasty food, great location, beautiful theming

Cons:

Not enough food for price

Reviewed by WarEagleAuburn Review Date: 04/06/2014

We really enjoyed the two different sample platters. The chicken rolls tasted and looked exactly like the egg rolls from Chili's. The service was awful. Our server waited at least 5 minutes to approach our table and we felt like he didn't want to be there at all. The beautiful young lady at the entrance was so engaging and knowledgeable about each and every dish--best thing about the restaurant. We did get seated immediately, though.

Pros:

Easy to get in

Cons:

Slow service

Reviewed by lindseymortus Review Date: 03/17/2014

I'm glad I tried this because the food was great! We had meat skewers and Harissa Chicken Roll
with Harissa Ketchup. It's small plates so we stopped to just try a couple things, not to fill up. Our waiter and the staff was nice, but it took forever for our waiter to get us our bill and to even follow up with us after we received our food. That was frustrating.

Pros:

Food was wonderful

Cons:

Service