Reviews of Spice Road Table

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Mediterranean

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Other/Ethnic
Read more about Spice Road Table including links to the menus here:

Spice Road Table in the Morocco pavilion opened January 20, 2014. It features Mediterranean small plates, with 60 seats indoors and 120 seats outdoors.

Reviewed by Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

The location of this restaurant is very unique. We sat in the outside area right by the water, where they show the \"reflections of earth\" performance each night at Disney's Epcot. I ordered the hummus and olives for my appetizer. It came with two flavors of hummus - plain and tomato - and a small amount of olives. Everything tasted great, but I really was expecting more olives considering they were part of the title of the appetizer. For my entrée I ordered the mixed grill. It came with two skewers of meat, Rice, and green beans. Both skewers of meat were overcooked. I had a very hard time getting them off the skewers. I only ate two pieces from each skewer.

Pros:

Beautiful setting; can see the fireworks if you are seated outside and time it right.

Cons:

Food was not that great.

Reviewed by jgilbert813 Review Date: 12/05/2016

I really hope this was an off night and not representative of the day to day service at this location. Of all the Table Service meals we had on our trip, this was by far, the one I was most looking forward to.

We had reservations for 6:25, and we were seated promptly. We were given a table on the patio. The temperature had started to drop and we asked if they could turn the patio heaters on. We were told that nobody knew how to get them going! It's the 1st of December and nobody figured out how to turn on the heaters?!? Ok, moving on....we ordered our drinks, and our waitress disappeared for about 20 minutes, came back with our drinks and took our order. Again, 45 minutes later our food arrived. My wife got the lamb sliders, and I ordered the coriander rack of lamb. The food was good, not great but good.

All in all, I love the architecture and location of the Spice Road Table. The food was just OK, but the service was very disappointing. I do hope it was just a bad night......

Pros:

Location

Cons:

Service

Reviewed by MVClause Review Date: 06/06/2014

My DH and I stopped at Spice Road table in our attempt to eat around "the world". DH ordered a dark beer. That was what it was called--Dark beer. He enjoyed it, but said that it tasted like Newcastle. We ordered the meat skewers--one chicken and one steak. Both were just good--not great, just ok. Over all, I wasn't impressed. The skewers were $12. There were 3 pieces of chicken and 1 3 inch long piece of steak. A little pricey for me, even by Disney standards. I will give it another shot, however.

Pros:

small plates

Cons:

prices, offerings

Reviewed by bookworm_julie Review Date: 02/04/2014

They offer two sampler platters (one meat, one seafood), and we each ordered one. I had the meat and while I could tell it was clearly cooked properly and was well seasoned, it was not to my liking. I did enjoy the chicken roll. My friend had the seafood one and didn't finish it - it was not too her liking either.
To get a full meal you would easily have to spend a lot of money. At $7 to $10 per small plate, you'd need many orders to make a complete meal.
The service was so so - we were mostly ignored and we were the only people in the place. We left hungry and went to France for dessert.

Pros:

opportunity to try many different things on the menu

Cons:

really expensive for the food you get

Reviewed by LuvWDW Review Date: 04/24/2019

The outdoor covered patio by the lake is a beautiful, peaceful spot to enjoy a mid-afternoon break. We snacked on the hummus fries and mint iced tea. The fries had a crunchy exterior and a warm, tender inside. The creamy, spicy dipping sauce complimented perfectly. The tea was cool and refreshing.

Pros:

Covered, outdoor dining with a beautiful view. Great spot for a quiet afternoon snack.

Reviewed by Michelle Review Date: 04/18/2019

I have to admit, I've been going a long time and just passed by this place, but my daughter wanted to try it out and... we loved it! The food was just great, can't say enough, probably one of the most flavorful foods we've had at a Disney restaurant, I was impressed!

Pros:

Food and décor and very friendly employees

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 04/18/2019

We visited Spice Road in March 2019. We wanted to try something new and we were pleasantly surprised. My husband and I both got the Chicken and Beef skewers and they were very tasty. They put a seven spice combo on the meat and it was fantastic. Waitress was great.

Pros:

Most of the restaurants we go to seating is mostly inside-this was a nice break as we could sit outside and look at the water.

Reviewed by ADJ Review Date: 02/16/2019

Had lunch here for the first time; at 11:30 am, I was practically the only person there and had the indoor dining room to myself. Where has this place been all my life!!! I had the vegetable platter, which is Vegan as-is, and it was incredible. I've had grape leaves, hummus and tabbouleh before, but these were all just a bit different from what I am used to. The grape leaves were garnished with two kinds of raisins, capers and pine nuts, and had little bit of warm spice (almost like cinnamon?). The pitas came dusted in mild spice and sesame seeds. The harissa hummus fries were totally a new concept, almost like a lightly fried hush puppy, but richly seasoned and a dash of cayenne. Definitely give these a try! The food was some of the best I've ever had anywhere. Hot tea was not on the menu, but they made me a cup of hot (herbal) mint tea - I believe that was the only flavor they had. The dining room was beautiful and the views of the lagoon were outstanding. The service - from the first minute I was greeted, I was treated like a long-lost cousin who stopped in for lunch. I also notice the restaurant is more laid-back and less hurried than most. I can't figure out why they don't have lines halfway around the lagoon of people clambering to get in here. This hidden gem is definitely a new must-do for me. If you like a good meal, genuine warm hospitality, a great view, exotic food, or any combination of these, you must check this place out!

Pros:

Outstanding, amazing food and awesome service, laid back atmosphere!

Cons:

Would love to see a few more hot tea offerings (but that's being nit-picky)

Reviewed by miketp Review Date: 01/05/2019

My wife and I ate here on New Year's Eve. Our reservations coincided with the showing of Illuminations so we arrived a little early and asked for outside seating. Although outside we did not have the best view as lakeside tables were already taken. However a couple left before the show and Omar the Manager came over and told us he would move us as soon as the table was cleaned. We ended up with a great view of Illuminations thanks to his consideration of our wishes. Our servers , Kahlil and Saleem, were excellent, taking care of us all night. The meal was delicious, starting with the calamari appetizer. My wife had the mixed skewers and I had the lamb sliders. the meats were tender and cooked just right. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable meal amidst the craziness of NYE at Epcot.

Pros:

service and food

Cons:

low ceiling made conversation difficult due to noise but a minor problem

Reviewed by Route66vt Review Date: 12/04/2017

My Husband and I ate here on Nov. 13, 2017. It was part of the eat to the beat program, we pay one price and get App Main and Dessert. Then you get seating for the show. Great value. Husband had Moroccan Lamb Sausage, NY Strip Steak, Assorted Baklavas. I had Brie, Strip Steak and Saffron and Lemon Custard. We both enjoyed the meal very much. The waiter was great.

Pros:

Food and Service

Cons:

Wind