Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Rose and Crown Dining Room Dining Location

Read more about Rose and Crown including links to the menus here:

Full Service - Lunch/Dinner
United Kingdom - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by HunterBill Review Date: 01/15/2019

Had dinner here to watch Illuminations. Had a great seat and a wonderful time. This turned out to be a favorite meal. Both my culinary school graduate son and my healthy eater on vacation son consider this to be their favorite meal. I want to make a special note to our server, Elle, who was the best we encountered on vacation. She was incredibly helpful with finding something my daughter could eat and didn't charge me for a wonderful cup of tea as it started to get cold.

Pros:

Service and wonderful food

Cons:

Limited gluten free menu.

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

My boyfriend and I ate here on Thursday December 6, 2018 for dinner. It was very chilly outside and they seated outside. They did have some heaters, but not enough. But it was worth freezing to see Illuminations! Fish & chips, potato soup, bangers & mash, and sticky toffee pudding were all excellent. Probably best portion sizes of any WDW restaurant we ate at as they normally give you too much to eat.

Pros:

View of Illuminations, Food

Cons:

Can be chilly outside & there aren't enough heaters

Reviewed by Shirley Review Date: 09/29/2018

We absolutely love Rose and Crown. The fish is some of the best we have ever had. We were skeptical when we first tried it because there is always reservations available so we thought it wasnt good but boy were we wrong. It is now one of the first restaurants we go to when we are at Epcot.

Pros:

Great food, great views and fantastic service

Cons:

The only con I can think of is that is we were sitting way to close to the other customers. I would like to be spaced out a little more.

Reviewed by Robbmsu Review Date: 07/25/2018

We eat here as often as possible when we visit EPCOT. The food has always been very good, but I was a little, no very upset last visit as they removed the steak from the menu. This was my favorite dish I hope they bring it back.

Pros:

Service, very friendly staff

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

We love the Rose & Crown! It's always good food (two words: Scotch. Egg.), it's always a great staff. It is fairly noisy in there, but that lends some authenticity to the experience of an English pub.

Pros:

Fun, good food

Cons:

Noisy

Reviewed by Geri604 Review Date: 10/08/2016

I was disappointed that they had gotten rid of the corned beef sandwich, so I went with my old stand-by: steak. I was very pleasantly surprised by this. It was very flavorful and tender - one of the best steaks I've had. I'm not a big sauce person, and usually either ask to skip it, or get it on the side. This time I forgot, and was again surprised that it was just the right amount and didn't overpower the steak. The green beans that came as a side were perfectly done and very crisp. My dad had the corned beef and cabbage (I guess the replacement for the sandwich), and liked everything except the cabbage. We are used to having a boiled wedge of cabbage, but this was shredded like coleslaw. He said it was ok, just weird. My mom had the fish and chips, which is always done very nicely.

Pros:

The staff here is always very friendly and accommodating

Cons:

When they changed to the all-day menu, the got rid of the corned beef sandwich, which was a favorite

Reviewed by Florafan Review Date: 07/20/2016

7-17-16: What a wonderful experience. My husband and I desired to share an app and entree. We had a scotch egg and bangers and mash. Hubbie also enjoyed a sticky toffee pudding. We lived in Scotland for a time and boy this meal was authentic British cuisine. The service was beyond wonderful. Loved it from beginning to end.

Pros:

Great Food

Reviewed by rsfan Review Date: 06/20/2016

We ate here our last night in WDW. Waited about ten minutes past our reservation time. Server was excellent. DDs had the fish and chips which they devoured in no time. Wife had the masala; huge portion, not too spicy. I had the coronation salad, which was a disappointment. The previous frisee salad was much better. This was more like a serving of coleslaw. Main dish was the pub burger. I'm hypercritical of burgers but this one gets my approval. The patty is huge; the rarebit sauce is a nice change from a slice of cheese. I was skeptical about the fried leeks but they were delicious, especially when mixed with the rarebit. Easily the best burger I've had in WDW. The sticky toffe pudding was also a hit. We ate way too much.

Pros:

good food, variety, service

Cons:

can be noisy

Reviewed by Elaine Hammond Review Date: 03/19/2015

We ate here on March 11th which was my husbands birthday. We had a nice table outside by the lake and it was perfect for watching the fireworks.
I was disappointed to learn they no longer have bread service and was shocked that they do not have ice cream! A basic dessert??
Everything was delicious and our server was very sweet to us. My husband got a signed dessert menu as did our friend who was also celebrating.
this is one of our favorite places to eat.

Pros:

Lovely location/ very friendly staff

Cons:

no bread service and NO ICE CREAM

Reviewed by girldrgn8 Review Date: 05/07/2014

My husband and I ate here on May 3, 2014 for dinner. Our server, Nate was attentive and welcoming. We had the Scotch egg for an appetizer. I loved it (he didn't but since he doesn't like eggs that is ok). We both had Guiness for our drinks. For dinner, he had the Shepard's Pie and liked it. I had Bangers and Mash. I thought it was good. This is definitely on our list of places to return and try again.

Pros:

Service, Food