Reviews of Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Lunch/Dinner

Food Court Lunch/Dinner/Snacks
Port Orleans French Quarter

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/sassagoula-floatworks-and-food-factory/lunch-dinner

Reviewer: HOBBES Review Date: 11/24/2017

Did not enjoy the options at POFQ
Very little choice if you don't eat meat-the Build your Own salad has gone to be replaced with a "You eat what we give you" salad. There was a "plant-based" burger but it had no picture to show you what yiou were getting
It appears the taste of New Orleans is SALT and lots of it. Several of the dishes we had came with fries or chips so salty they made your mouth sore!
The Create your own pasta bar had no list up anywhere to tell you what the choices were-we went over to Riverside and they had a list up with the pasta, protein and sauces available.
The most interesting flavours of pizza did not come in individual sizes-so its "both eat pizza or waste half".
Too many of the dishes were from the South-don't get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with that but a lot of the people coming to POFQ are coming for the resort rather than to eat Southern food and there were very few "safe" options on the menu

Pros:

Riverside is only a few minutes away...

Cons:

Very little choice for vegetarians

Reviewer: maddox4 Review Date: 11/15/2017

My husband and I ate supper here one night on our vacation the end of September2017. Our first time back since the remodel but really didn’t see a big difference other than the giant masks were gone. I read a comment about the price but we kept track of all our quick service meals on our six day trip this time and this one was only about $3 more than the other resorts we visited and that included the beignets. The shrimp and grits entrée was delish and was actually better than what I had at Disney Springs and Olivia’s last year and the quantity was enough for a meal the next day. My husband had the pizza and no complaints from him either.

Pros:

good food and large portions

Cons:

none for us

Reviewer: mbelerique19 Review Date: 10/09/2017

We ate dinner the first night we arrived here. We stayed at Pop Century and made a special trip to POFQ since we have stayed there in the past. The jambalaya was so flavorful and delicious. It was not overly spicy or loaded up with rice. It has several pieces of sausage in it and went great with the cornbread that accompanied it.
My mother had the combo rib plate and loved how tender the meat was and how fresh her sides were.
My husband didn't stretch out of his comfort zone so he ordered the pizza which was also great.
We made a second special trip here just to have the beignets. Literally the best food there! I know for certain that on future trips to Disneyworld we will definitely be back.

Pros:

Great food, great environment!

Reviewer: nukeantz Review Date: 09/13/2017

I can not believe the high prices this place charges. Any other food court, including Dixie landings(port orleans riverside) next door is reasonably priced. Can not believe the cost difference, will not stay at here again. I like riverside SO much better anyway

Pros:

tastes good

Cons:

Highest priced food court in disney hotels

Reviewer: Smitty Review Date: 07/09/2017

We've been staying at the FQ for years and I can't say that the food court has improved. The choices are few and the refrigerators in front of the registers is a waste of space. They need a grab and go for bakery items instead of being in containers at the pancake section. I waited in line for a bagel and found out that I could've just taken one. There is no one there to direct the traffic. Most times we walked down to Riverside - much more selection in their food court. I miss the old parade float decorations...not happy with the warehouse painted floors look.

Pros:

More Seating

Cons:

Extremely limited selection

Reviewer: rsfan Review Date: 06/23/2016

I know this restaurant gets somewhat mixed reviews but we have always had positive experiences here. There is a large variety of dishes to choose from and they taste good. The beignets are a bargain they always have sugar-free ice cream available. The workers are invariably pleasant and the hours the are open are extensive. The kids breakfast plate in the morning gets you a waffle, eggs, meat and 2 fruits, plus milk for $5. A good place to eat when you're hungry and don't know what exactly you want.

Pros:

Food, variety

Cons:

Reviewer: bosslady79 Review Date: 03/16/2016

The gluten free beignets were amazing! Also enjoyed a gluten free po boy. The food was great, but waited 25 minutes to speak to chef and get food.

Pros:

Good gluten free beignets

Cons:

long wait

Reviewer: mickeymom5 Review Date: 10/25/2015

We were staying at POR, but we walked over with our refillable mugs to get some beignets on October 9, 2015. They did not disappoint. They were very good! We also saw they had chicken gumbo. We got a bowl of that to share, and it was very tasty too!

Pros:

quieter food court

Reviewer: dizneydaz Review Date: 06/19/2015

My daugher and I ate dinner here on June 11th, a Thursday. It was just a few minute before 10 p.m. We had left AK about an hour before and we drove around looking for someplace for dinner. After getting to Panda Express just after closing (9:30) I said, "Let's go eat at POFQ and have their fried chicken!" So we did and as I mentioned we arrived just before 10 p.m., which is when they stop serving the chicken.

I was concerned that the food wouldn't be hot since they were almost closing and there weren't many mashed potatoes left in the pan-I was wrong! Everything was nice and hot. We had the 1/2 chicken-you get 1 light and 1 dark quarter. She ate the dark I ate the light. It was tasty, as always, though I don't consider it fried chicken (like at POP) it's more seasoned than fried (IMHO). Still very good and moist with a little kick to it

We picked mashed potatoes and the rice as our sides. The potatoes were really good-small hunks of potatoes and skins in them-like homemade. We opted for the gravy which was a good choice. It's the same gravy they use for the pot roast (which we have had before and it's also very good!). It is a beef gravy and has a few veggies it. So good. The rice was good and we got so much that we didn't finish all of it. You also get a piece of corn bread. Good and they have honey available in the food court.

It was plenty for my 15 y/o daughter and I to share and in fact we were going to get beignets for dessert but we were too full. We brought our refillable cups with us but we opted for hot tea instead. My daughter was happy to see a wider selecting of teas at POFQ than at our value resort. We only had Breakfast tea at ours but POFQ had Earl Grey, among other choices.

One of the other choices were green beans but I am not a fan of Disney's green beans. The also had greens. If they had corn I would have gotten that instead of the dirty rice.

The decor kind of scares me. I don't like the large faces/masks. We have stayed here many times and I would like to see the food court undergo a remodel.

All in all a good value for the price paid, tasted good, and we will return here again.

Pros:

Good food. Good value. Hot

Cons:

decor-sort of

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 12/22/2014

Three of us ate here for lunch on 12/16. It was pretty empty at that time. I had the meatball sub with chips, my friend had the mac and cheese with chicken, and my mom had a burger with fries. All were cooked fresh, but it seemed to take a long time. I ordered three beignets; when I ordered, there were two people at that station. They said to come back in about five minutes. When I did, there was only one person and he was manning the fryer. It took him a long time to notice that I was there and to give me the container that was sitting on the counter. The beignets were good but much, much smaller than I remember.

Pros:

Average food

Cons:

Beignet station