Reviews of Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Breakfast

Breakfast Menu

Cuisines: American, Other/Ethnic
Food Court Breakfast
Port Orleans French Quarter

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/sassagoula-floatworks-and-food-factory/breakfast

Reviewed by darcelmargliotti Review Date: 06/18/2019

I really hate going to a noisy crowded food court for meals,but not here. I really enjoy the smaller size and ample seating. Never had to fight for a table Enjoyed dining outside in the shade of trees for breakfast

Pros:

Smaller size. Good food. Just 3 stations to pick from.

Reviewed by Challisgal Review Date: 02/26/2019

I've stayed at this resort three times and so have eaten there on more than one occasion. The basics, like the hamburger, are fine, but at breakfast, do not get the eggs. During the last trip (Feb 2019) got the biscuits and gravy, which comes with scrambled eggs. I've long resigned myself to powdered eggs at the quick service breakfasts, but they were not edible during this trip. Scrambled eggs are not supposed to have the texture of oatmeal. The biscuits were so dry that they fell apart - and not in a good way.

Pros:

Lunch and dinner are okay if you stick with the basics.

Cons:

Breakfast, especially the eggs

Reviewed by PolynesianStitch Review Date: 11/11/2018

Excellent breakfast choices. Particularly liked the beignets. Breakfast platter was also good and filling.

Pros:

Quick service

Reviewed by survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

We will ride the boat over from Disney Springs just to go here and get the Beignets. It is a highlight for us. It is just fried dough but it involved memories for us so it does taste special. Port Orleans French Quarter is one of our top two moderate resorts.

Pros:

Beignets are yummy! Always have had quick service and an open table.

Reviewed by Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

good food

Pros:

love the beignets

Reviewed by Hayls Review Date: 09/26/2018

not bad for a hotel breakfast ;)

Pros:

a good amount of options!

Cons:

can get crowded in the mornings.

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 03/01/2018

During a 6 day stay at French Quarter, three adults ate most breakfasts at the food court, mainly using Dining Plan snack credits. The snack credit selection at breakfast is good, but gets repetitive and carb-heavy. I had a lot of grab and go fruit trays, along with either oatmeal or grits. Some days the grits were plain, and other days there was a hint of red pepper, so if you are averse to spicy foods, ask before you order. The staff is always pleasant, patient and helpful, and the cooks at the various bays are especially nice. Hooray for begniets!

Pros:

Mostly good food; excellent staff

Cons:

Gets repetitive

Reviewed by HOBBES Review Date: 11/24/2017

Breakfast at POFQ's food court is certainly better than the rest of the day. There is a reasonable selection of food-the usual pancakes, waffles etc, although no Bounty platter. The omlette station was good. However the only time I tried it, the potato casserole side dish was really oversalted and quite unpleasant-I avoided it after that although later in the week I noticed they had started adding the normal breakfast potatoes found everywhere else as a side so maybe I wasn't the only person who thought they were unpleasant!

Pros:

clean, reasonable selection of food

Cons:

—

Reviewed by cmoranski Review Date: 03/27/2017

Unless you absolutely have to have beignets, skip it. No different from other food courts.

Pros:

Nice selecton

Cons:

Cramped and lack of tables

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 07/14/2016

My family of 6 and my sister along with her husband had lunch here on July 2nd. There was one cashier trying to check out at minimum, 10 different families. This was after there was no cashier on duty for at least 10 minutes around 1 pm.

The lines for make your own salad were very long, again, with only one gal working behind the counter. I think my brother in law and myself waited at least 20 minutes before it was our turn. My sister ordered a burger and that line was very quick.

The rapid refill drink station was dirty, as was the case last year in June when we visited.

The food variety is very good. I love how you have the option to make your own salad or baked potato. The desserts are fantastic, but the snacks were lacking.

I'm looking forward to the food court rehab. I hope it improves things...

Pros:

Good Variety

Cons:

Dirty, Long Lines and Short on Staff

Other topics in Port Orleans