Reviews of Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Breakfast

View Menus at Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Dining Location

Food Court Breakfast
Port Orleans French Quarter

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/sassagoula-floatworks-and-food-factory/breakfast

Reviewer: PolynesianStitch Review Date: 11/11/2018

Excellent breakfast choices. Particularly liked the beignets. Breakfast platter was also good and filling.

Pros:

Quick service

Reviewer: survivoramy Review Date: 10/01/2018

We will ride the boat over from Disney Springs just to go here and get the Beignets. It is a highlight for us. It is just fried dough but it involved memories for us so it does taste special. Port Orleans French Quarter is one of our top two moderate resorts.

Pros:

Beignets are yummy! Always have had quick service and an open table.

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

good food

Pros:

love the beignets

Reviewer: Hayls Review Date: 09/26/2018

not bad for a hotel breakfast ;)

Pros:

a good amount of options!

Cons:

can get crowded in the mornings.

Reviewer: jannielane Review Date: 03/01/2018

During a 6 day stay at French Quarter, three adults ate most breakfasts at the food court, mainly using Dining Plan snack credits. The snack credit selection at breakfast is good, but gets repetitive and carb-heavy. I had a lot of grab and go fruit trays, along with either oatmeal or grits. Some days the grits were plain, and other days there was a hint of red pepper, so if you are averse to spicy foods, ask before you order. The staff is always pleasant, patient and helpful, and the cooks at the various bays are especially nice. Hooray for begniets!

Pros:

Mostly good food; excellent staff

Cons:

Gets repetitive

Reviewer: HOBBES Review Date: 11/24/2017

Breakfast at POFQ's food court is certainly better than the rest of the day. There is a reasonable selection of food-the usual pancakes, waffles etc, although no Bounty platter. The omlette station was good. However the only time I tried it, the potato casserole side dish was really oversalted and quite unpleasant-I avoided it after that although later in the week I noticed they had started adding the normal breakfast potatoes found everywhere else as a side so maybe I wasn't the only person who thought they were unpleasant!

Pros:

clean, reasonable selection of food

Reviewer: cmoranski Review Date: 03/27/2017

Unless you absolutely have to have beignets, skip it. No different from other food courts.

Pros:

Nice selecton

Cons:

Cramped and lack of tables

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 07/14/2016

My family of 6 and my sister along with her husband had lunch here on July 2nd. There was one cashier trying to check out at minimum, 10 different families. This was after there was no cashier on duty for at least 10 minutes around 1 pm.

The lines for make your own salad were very long, again, with only one gal working behind the counter. I think my brother in law and myself waited at least 20 minutes before it was our turn. My sister ordered a burger and that line was very quick.

The rapid refill drink station was dirty, as was the case last year in June when we visited.

The food variety is very good. I love how you have the option to make your own salad or baked potato. The desserts are fantastic, but the snacks were lacking.

I'm looking forward to the food court rehab. I hope it improves things...

Pros:

Good Variety

Cons:

Dirty, Long Lines and Short on Staff

Reviewer: bellebookworm9 Review Date: 12/22/2014

We ate here for 4 out of 5 breakfasts on our trip. Most days it was a quick muffin, pastry, or cinnamon roll, but one day we did actually sit down. I had the bacon and cheese croissant, which was not great. The cheese wasn't warmed up, just a slice of American thrown under the two slices of bacon. The eggs retained the shape of the scooper until I spread them out with a fork! My mom had a Mickey waffle with fresh raspberries that she enjoyed very much. Stick to waffles, pancakes, and such and it will be fine.

Pros:

Rarely crowded, good pastries

Reviewer: Brbrhark Review Date: 02/01/2014

We ate breakfast here a couple of times. While the food wasn't bad, it was not always hot unless you ordered something that had to be fixed fresh. Convenient location and opened early for coffee, soda, iced tea, etc. Most mornings we ate or had coffee when we got to the parks. I have stayed at other resorts where I actually preferred their quick service meals to sit down.

Pros:

Quick

Cons:

Food not hot