Reviews of Grand Cayman

Western Caribbean 7 night

Reviewer: jld325 Review Date: 01/14/2016

We cruised on the Fantasy the week after Thanksgiving. For our Cayman port adventure, we chose to surprise our 2 kids, ages 12 & 14, (and fulfill a dream of mine) and do the extreme dolphin swim. I'll start out by saying the experience itself was FABULOUS! We had so much fun interacting with the dolphins, and we had plenty of time with them. Now, here's the catch. We were a group of 8, and we ALL participated, which left no one out of the water to take pictures. No problem, they put you in groups of 12, and you have your own photographer. And boy, does he take a ton of pictures. After the experience, we were shown into the store, where there were computers to look at the pictures. I fully expected to pay an inflated price for pictures. It is a resort area, it is a kind of tourist thing. I definitely wanted a few and was taking my time browsing them when my husband insistently said he thinks they are a lot of money. I called an employee over, and she very curtly asked how many people are in the group. I told her I had several pictures I wanted, and pulled up a specific one of my immediate family (4 of us) with the dolphin in front of us. She picked up a frame from the table and held it up (she was not very polite at all) and said THESE are the prices. $38/per person in the picture. Are you kidding me? So the picture of my family would have cost me $160. For 1 picture. That is absolutely astronomical. And stupid business sense. We bought no pictures, which was a shame, but we have some great memories.

Pros:

SO much fun

Cons:

PICTURE PRICES!!!

Reviewer: Dezraei Review Date: 04/23/2014

We went on a Stingray Excursion with Cayman ECO Adventures. We booked it directly through their website. It was only 35 PP! We had the whole boat to ourselves(which I think was a fluke but they say they have only small groups go out). Went to the Stingray Cove and fed them fish pieces. It was the best thing I have ever experienced! They just swim around you and they are so big! Even the 14 year old that we were afraid was not going to get off of the boat had a blast. I can not say enough about our Captain-Captain Kevin. He waits for you just off of the cruise ship. After the Stingrays we went Snorkling on the Barrier Reef-it was the most amazing thing I have seen. Then spent about 30 minutes on a private little island getting seashells. It was awesome!

Pros:

BEAUTIFUL!!PERFECT!!

Cons:

Nothing!

Reviewer: Logan7 Review Date: 01/20/2014

Did the two tank dive thru Disney's contractor (red Sail, i think). Wonderful trip, did 2 tanks 1 at a great reef and 1 at a wreck. Marine life abounds. Meet once offboard was a bit chaotic, but after a while of sorting things out, we walked about 1/2 mi to a small beach where the pontoon boat waited for us. 45 min ride to the first dive site. on board water and fruit. Second dive was 10 min ride. Had a blast! relaxing trip back to Fantasy gave opportunity for several glamour shots.

Pros:

Outstanding diving, good dive master.

Cons:

not much.

Reviewer: wdwfan6 Review Date: 10/23/2013

We did the snorkeling and it was alot of fun. The tour guides were great and very friendly. Saw alot of fish and even a turtle! The streets were clean, the locals were friendly and the shopping areas were nice. Wish we had more time here and less in Falmouth.

Pros:

Snorkeling & Shopping

Cons:

Too short of time at port