Reviews of Disney's DELUXE Dining Plan

Disney's DELUXE Dining Plan

DELUXE Dining Plan: Dine at more than 100 select table-service, quick-service, Disney Character Dining and Signature Dining Experience restaurant locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

For each night of your package, each guest in your party enjoys:

-- THREE MEALS -- Choose from select Walt Disney World Resort table-service and quick-service restaurants for all 3 of your meals.

-- 1 adult table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet. 1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

-- 1 quick-service meal includes 1 entree or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage.

Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children's Menu (if one is available).

-- TWO SNACKS -- e.g. 1 frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single-serving box), single-serving bag of snacks, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, 22-oz. fountain soft drink, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea, single-serving prepackaged milk or juice

-- ONE Resort refillable-drink mug per person -- The Disney Deluxe Dining Plan also includes a refillable Resort mug for each Guest. Bring your Resort mug to any quick-service restaurant at your Resort hotel and refill it as often as you like!

(Note that children age 3-9 must choose from a children's menu, if one is available.)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/25/2018

our first few trips we didn't do the dining plan, but on the recommendation of a friend, that is always part of our trip. the food and selections are fabulous.

Pros:

always nice size portions and the kids usually are not hungry for snacks in between meals.

Cons:

can't think of any.

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 12/08/2017

We always get the Deluxe Dining plan for one simple reason: peace of mind. Yes it's expensive up front, yes it's a LOT of food. But in 2017 it cost us $91/person per day -- for three meals and two snacks each every day. We never went hungry, we never looked at the prices on the menu. We like Table Service meals for breakfast because we can meet characters, and we like Table Service meals for dinner because we need the downtime at the end of the day. The Deluxe plan makes it easy and we don't go home with a ton of extra debt from expensive meals. Short trips or long trips, the Deluxe plan is awesome.

Pros:

Freedom, peace of mind

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 07/28/2017

My family of 4 used the Deluxe Dining Plan for 4 nights in July. We were able to dine at the following restaurants: California Grill/Brunch at the Top, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Garden Grill, Teppen Edo, Boma, Narcoossees, The Plaza, BOG and Olivia's. We also were given 8 snack credits per person and refillable mugs. This was a great deal for the price.

Pros:

Price

Reviewed by lauri Review Date: 10/08/2016

My husband and I did an adult only trip for my 40th, and decided to splurge on the deluxe dining plan. I made most of our reservations for Signature restaurants, and a couple of regular table service. We ended up with 4 extra dining credits, which we honestly could not use. I felt like we were eating all the time! We exchanged those credits for snack credits at our resort, and came home with 10lbs of candy...(we didn't even use our snack credits since we were so full!)
I really enjoyed all our food, but if you are going to do deluxe, I would only go to Signature restaurants or 2 credit buffets. We will most likely not do the deluxe again, instead go with the regular dining plan (we are big fans of the dining plan), and budget for 1-2 appetizers at certain restaurants. I feel like it was something we crossed off our Disney Bucket List, so it might be considered a "you gotta do it once" type of thing!

Pros:

eating at more signature restaurants

Cons:

possibility of not using all credits due to being stuffed

Reviewed by DePasquale Review Date: 07/08/2016

It’s not about saving money. It’s about experiencing food that you wouldn’t normally order. We’ve calculated it a hundred times. On a typical stay, the two of us dining with reasonable economy will spend the same as the Deluxe Dining Plan. The difference is more food (great food) on the plan, especially with apps and dessert.

Pros:

Good way to do some Signature dining

Cons:

Tend to overeat

Reviewed by gilesmt Review Date: 06/26/2016

I heard all the reviews this is a lot of food. We had some objectives, first I was on a diet, I have lost 59 pounds since Jan, I need to eat every few hours and I need real food not fast food so quick meals were out. Second after chemo and radiation I am a full diabetic which I control thru diet, so again I need to eat right and eat often. Third we traveled with a service dog, we needed breaks. And fourth this was a vacation, not just about rides. We had 15 days so we would ride everything. So with those as our needs and not going into this that I would get my money out of it, we went with this plan and did almost three sit downs a day. It is a lot of food and takes a lot of time. We ate at character meals a lot, which my granddaughter loved, well worth not standing in the line for princesses and characters. We ate at all the dinner shows, mickeys backyard BBQ, HDDR, SoA. We also ate a lot of the well known places in the parks and some we always wanted to try and never did at the hotels, like cape May and Capt Grill, Boma and beaches and cream. I was able to keep my diabetis sugar levels down to 150 three times a day and needed no insulin thru the whole vacation. I did gain 10 pounds, but four days home, I after the humidity change lost 8 pounds, so over all I gained 2 pounds while on vacation for 15 days, eating a lot of food. Buffets gave me lots of options for lots of proteins and veggies, without having to do carbs, I never touch potatoes, breads, rice and such. If a sit down meal, I was able to get meat and ask to skip the carb and get double veggies. I will say Walt Disney's favorite veggie must be string beans, one of my least favorites,mi eat them but for 15 days it was on every menu as the veggie for lunch and dinner, I now hate string beans. Yes we left lots of food, we may have only eaten half an appetizer, and may have only tasted the dessert, and sometimes only ate half the meal, usually we finished the meal part. My granddaughter was able to try tons of new food, she at crab, lobster, clams, African sausage, sushi, yellow beets, red beets, and a ton of other food she never would have tried before. She always found something new to try, and found lots she liked and a few things she did not. All in all if you have a reason and do not go into this thinking you will get your money's worth, than it was a great plan. For us the plan worked, but we did waste a lot of food, but we got lots of signatures, had lots of fun and had plenty of time to rest and talk with each other.

Pros:

Great food

Cons:

Price

Reviewed by GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

We wanted to go to as many character meals as we could fit in on this trip for my 5 year old granddaughter. For her this trip was all about meeting the Princess'. It worked out wonderfully and we didn't waste a meal. Trip we took a few years ago we were with young adults and the Quick Serve plan was perfect. Think about who your with, it takes a lot of time out of each day to have a sit down meal at least once a day. It makes balancing those Fast Pass' with dinning resv. quite tricky. Our next trip is the wife and I alone. We will use the Deluxe plan because we want to go to as many of the more expensive meals as we can. I've ridden plenty of rides, for me Disney World is all about Fine Dinning.

Pros:

Great plan if your doing several character meals

Cons:

Too much if your plans are to spend most of your time in Parks

Reviewed by mawdryn Review Date: 03/22/2014

My family always uses either the regular dining plan or deluxe dining when we visit WDW, because we find it saves us money each time we visit.
This last visit was just my husband and I, so we splurged and used the deluxe dining plan. We dined at the following restaurants: Captain's Grill, California Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern, Be Our Guest, Sci Fi Diner, Brown Derby, Olivia's, Narcoossees, Yak and Yeti's, Artist Point, San Angel Inn, Via Napoli and Le Cellier. We had so many leftover snack credits, that we used them on candy to bring home for the kids.
It was so nice to go on vacation and only have to worry about tip money and alcohol. Everything else had been pre paid. :)

Pros:

Abundance of Food

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by rebelbuddhist Review Date: 01/05/2014

We have found that the DDP meets our modus operandi perfectly. We are a mature couple who enjoy meals at WDW as much as attractions at the parks. We don't think it is any loss of valuable time to spend a couple of hours at a quality Meal. We would rather spend the time at a meal than in line for a thrill ride. We use one credit for a late morning breakfast buffet after a few hours in the parks. Then we hit the parks again and eat a later dinner usually at a signature restaurant. That uses the 3 meal entitlements and we use the 2 snacks if we need something in the afternoon. We also tend to eat steak or seafood so we are often ordering the more expensive entrees. Since we eat late dinners, we often take desserts with us back to the room for a late snack or early morning treat! We paid out of pocket in July and tracked that we spent a lot more each day than the Deluxe plan fists. That's especially true if we can score a free dining plan and then upgrade to the Deluxe. Do you math well because if you don't use all your credits; have picky eaters who don't want what's on the menu; tend to want smaller meals without an appetizer and dessert or just want/prefer counter service the DDP may not be best for you. Using all 3 entitlements for table service seems to be the best way to be sure to save on the Deluxe Plan.

Pros:

Ease of use: opportunity to eat well

Reviewed by Imjustababyduck Review Date: 11/25/2013

We love this plan and always get it when we go to Disney. It is great to have the meals paid for in advance (and just have to worry about the tip). We often will use 2 dining credits at the more deluxe places so it is not so much food in one day. We do always have snack credits left at the end of the trip, and come home with tons of stuff from Goofy's Candy Store in Downtown Disney. I know this last trip I bought over $123.00 in snacks with credits before we left to fly home. I think this plan is better value for the money than the regular dining plan. The only disadvantage I see is that sitting down to eat 3 times a day takes a lot of time.

Pros:

Easy

Other topics in Disney Dining Plan