Reviews of Disney Dining Plan

This area is for REVIEWS only. Please do not submit questions.

Reviewer: morgaa2 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We love that the dining plan means we don't need to spend time crunching numbers and picking the lowest cost option. However, to make the dining plan worth the bang for your buck you need to be judicious about where you choose to use your credits. A "snack credit" on an apple is not going to give you the value that a $6.00 pretzel is. If you like to do character meals and ever attend during the food and wine festival the dining plan is worth it. It is also worth it when "free dining" is available. I wouldn't bother if you are not a big eater or have small children. I recommend looking at menus and prices before you go and deciding if you are really going to be saving any money. The dining plan goes up in price every year so although we love the convenience it may not be worth it next visit.

Pros:

Convenience and ability to choose options without considering price. Can be good value if you plan properly

Cons:

Prices increase every year, and is not worth it for those with small appetites.

Reviewer: Jenn Review Date: 09/29/2018

Love being able to use sit down credits on character meals. Saves us time from needing to stand in meet and greet lines. Also we use ours for breakfast some can have early access to parks and get iconic castle and tree of life pictures without others in the background. For lunch with smaller children we tend to split meals since some can be so large and then we have extra meal credits if we need something extra later on.

Pros:

No meet and greet lines, early access to park, already budgeted in

Cons:

N/a

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

can be a good value

Pros:

if done right and you make the best use of each credit you can save money and it is super convenient to have all your food paid for in advance

Cons:

none if done right

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

If you want to go on a budget and save money then don't do the dining plans. Bring your own food. If you have limed time, don't do the dining plans as sitting down to eat 2+ times a day takes time out of your day. The main part of this is the convenience. You have to use every credit and want to eat a lot of food for this to pay for itself of to come ahead. We always do the bounce back free dining and I think for the free dining it's worth it for sure, 100%. To buy the dining, I'm not sure I would do that unless you can get some type of discount

Pros:

Super convenient, can use snack credits for lots of things

Cons:

It's hard to save $ with this unless you eat a lot, can eat at Disney cheaper if that's you main goal

Reviewer: annat856 Review Date: 09/28/2018

The Dining plan is flexible and a great feature to add or get for free for those people who like to have their vacation paid in advance. You get a table service and a counter service meal each day. There is also 2 snacks that if you plan right you can use one of them as a snack credit breakfast saving the meal credits for your other meals. We enjoy having it but it's not essential.

Pros:

convenient and flexible

Cons:

has gotten expensive

Reviewer: JPO Review Date: 09/27/2018

My family did the Dining plan on both of our last vacations. Could you do food cheaper, sure, but the experience will suffer. It was wonderful not to have to worry about the expense the food, not to have to look at prices on menus. We also found we were able to do more character experiences and meals that would normally would not have chosen. Tip-pick a dessert from your quick service meal that you can eat later or for breakfast.

Pros:

Budgeted into your package, able to pick anything off the menu, able to do more unique dining experiences.

Cons:

A lot of food, but hey you're on vacation!

Reviewer: SusieBelle Review Date: 09/27/2018

We love the Dining Plan. After crunching a lot of numbers, I don't think it is really more expensive than we would get on our own. Could we do it cheaper? Yes, we could. Would it be the same experience? No, it would not! We'd be pinching pennies constantly, and probably passing up some great experiences. Paying for it ahead makes it easier to relax and just enjoy the meal and experience! For me, an card-carrying cheapskate, it's the way to go. I should mention that we usually go as a couple. If we still had small kids, we might choose the Quick-Service Plan.

Pros:

Pre-payment allows one to budget easily and not have to think about the cost of each meal.

Cons:

For us, cons are few. I do wish basic tips were included, with an option to add more fore great service.

Reviewer: mom_629 Review Date: 09/27/2018

We have been able to try restaurants that we would never have been able to.To our family it is well worth the money.

Pros:

Being able to try the more expensive restaurants.

Cons:

Knowing that your park time is scheduled around your reservations

Reviewer: Hayls Review Date: 09/26/2018

I do a dining plan every trip!

Pros:

everything is paid for ahead of time, many options, I usually have snack credits left over so I use those for souvenirs.

Cons:

it is pricey.

Reviewer: Jen Review Date: 09/26/2018

I liked having a dining plan since there were 9 of us on the trip, definitely try to schedule as many buffet or family style to get monies worth. Since food is really expensive at WDW, prepaying for food is the way to go. Only downfall is tips not included and can be costly if you do sit downs. if you want to avoid this go with the quick service plan, it is just as good.

Pros:

prepaid and 2 snacks each! also can convert meals into snacks, sometimes get seated before reservation

Cons:

sit downs are an extra cost due to tipping and sometimes you have to wait past your reservation time to be seated