Reviews of Disney's DELUXE Dining Plan

Disney's DELUXE Dining Plan

DELUXE Dining Plan: Dine at more than 100 select table-service, quick-service, Disney Character Dining and Signature Dining Experience restaurant locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort.

For each night of your package, each guest in your party enjoys:

-- THREE MEALS -- Choose from select Walt Disney World Resort table-service and quick-service restaurants for all 3 of your meals.

-- 1 adult table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree and 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only), and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet. 1 child table-service meal includes 1 appetizer, 1 entrée, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage, or 1 full buffet.

-- 1 quick-service meal includes 1 entree or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage.

Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children's Menu (if one is available).

-- TWO SNACKS -- e.g. 1 frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single-serving box), single-serving bag of snacks, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, 22-oz. fountain soft drink, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea, single-serving prepackaged milk or juice

-- ONE Resort refillable-drink mug per person -- The Disney Deluxe Dining Plan also includes a refillable Resort mug for each Guest. Bring your Resort mug to any quick-service restaurant at your Resort hotel and refill it as often as you like!

(Note that children age 3-9 must choose from a children's menu, if one is available.)

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

its easy and convenient because its paid for in advance

Pros:

you can do a lot of character meals and save money

Cons:

too much food for most people

Reviewer: DisneyDana Review Date: 09/29/2018

We had the deluxe dining plan the last time we visited WDW and it was so very convenient! I loved the freedom of knowing that we had already pre-paid and could order what we wanted with no worries of "should I spend this much" etc. It was definitely worth it, especially with the snack credits! Made you excited to see what you could get!

Pros:

No hassle, easy to use, very convenient.

Cons:

a bit pricey and always works out in Disney's favor and not the guest.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/25/2018

our first few trips we didn't do the dining plan, but on the recommendation of a friend, that is always part of our trip. the food and selections are fabulous.

Pros:

always nice size portions and the kids usually are not hungry for snacks in between meals.

Cons:

can't think of any.

Reviewer: Gingy160 Review Date: 12/08/2017

We always get the Deluxe Dining plan for one simple reason: peace of mind. Yes it's expensive up front, yes it's a LOT of food. But in 2017 it cost us $91/person per day -- for three meals and two snacks each every day. We never went hungry, we never looked at the prices on the menu. We like Table Service meals for breakfast because we can meet characters, and we like Table Service meals for dinner because we need the downtime at the end of the day. The Deluxe plan makes it easy and we don't go home with a ton of extra debt from expensive meals. Short trips or long trips, the Deluxe plan is awesome.

Pros:

Freedom, peace of mind

Cons:

Price

Reviewer: mawdryn Review Date: 07/28/2017

My family of 4 used the Deluxe Dining Plan for 4 nights in July. We were able to dine at the following restaurants: California Grill/Brunch at the Top, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Garden Grill, Teppen Edo, Boma, Narcoossees, The Plaza, BOG and Olivia's. We also were given 8 snack credits per person and refillable mugs. This was a great deal for the price.

Pros:

Price

Reviewer: lauri Review Date: 10/08/2016

My husband and I did an adult only trip for my 40th, and decided to splurge on the deluxe dining plan. I made most of our reservations for Signature restaurants, and a couple of regular table service. We ended up with 4 extra dining credits, which we honestly could not use. I felt like we were eating all the time! We exchanged those credits for snack credits at our resort, and came home with 10lbs of candy...(we didn't even use our snack credits since we were so full!)
I really enjoyed all our food, but if you are going to do deluxe, I would only go to Signature restaurants or 2 credit buffets. We will most likely not do the deluxe again, instead go with the regular dining plan (we are big fans of the dining plan), and budget for 1-2 appetizers at certain restaurants. I feel like it was something we crossed off our Disney Bucket List, so it might be considered a "you gotta do it once" type of thing!

Pros:

eating at more signature restaurants

Cons:

possibility of not using all credits due to being stuffed

Reviewer: DePasquale Review Date: 07/08/2016

It’s not about saving money. It’s about experiencing food that you wouldn’t normally order. We’ve calculated it a hundred times. On a typical stay, the two of us dining with reasonable economy will spend the same as the Deluxe Dining Plan. The difference is more food (great food) on the plan, especially with apps and dessert.

Pros:

Good way to do some Signature dining

Cons:

Tend to overeat

Reviewer: gilesmt Review Date: 06/26/2016

I heard all the reviews this is a lot of food. We had some objectives, first I was on a diet, I have lost 59 pounds since Jan, I need to eat every few hours and I need real food not fast food so quick meals were out. Second after chemo and radiation I am a full diabetic which I control thru diet, so again I need to eat right and eat often. Third we traveled with a service dog, we needed breaks. And fourth this was a vacation, not just about rides. We had 15 days so we would ride everything. So with those as our needs and not going into this that I would get my money out of it, we went with this plan and did almost three sit downs a day. It is a lot of food and takes a lot of time. We ate at character meals a lot, which my granddaughter loved, well worth not standing in the line for princesses and characters. We ate at all the dinner shows, mickeys backyard BBQ, HDDR, SoA. We also ate a lot of the well known places in the parks and some we always wanted to try and never did at the hotels, like cape May and Capt Grill, Boma and beaches and cream. I was able to keep my diabetis sugar levels down to 150 three times a day and needed no insulin thru the whole vacation. I did gain 10 pounds, but four days home, I after the humidity change lost 8 pounds, so over all I gained 2 pounds while on vacation for 15 days, eating a lot of food. Buffets gave me lots of options for lots of proteins and veggies, without having to do carbs, I never touch potatoes, breads, rice and such. If a sit down meal, I was able to get meat and ask to skip the carb and get double veggies. I will say Walt Disney's favorite veggie must be string beans, one of my least favorites,mi eat them but for 15 days it was on every menu as the veggie for lunch and dinner, I now hate string beans. Yes we left lots of food, we may have only eaten half an appetizer, and may have only tasted the dessert, and sometimes only ate half the meal, usually we finished the meal part. My granddaughter was able to try tons of new food, she at crab, lobster, clams, African sausage, sushi, yellow beets, red beets, and a ton of other food she never would have tried before. She always found something new to try, and found lots she liked and a few things she did not. All in all if you have a reason and do not go into this thinking you will get your money's worth, than it was a great plan. For us the plan worked, but we did waste a lot of food, but we got lots of signatures, had lots of fun and had plenty of time to rest and talk with each other.

Pros:

Great food

Cons:

Price

Reviewer: GSHROUT Review Date: 01/08/2016

We wanted to go to as many character meals as we could fit in on this trip for my 5 year old granddaughter. For her this trip was all about meeting the Princess'. It worked out wonderfully and we didn't waste a meal. Trip we took a few years ago we were with young adults and the Quick Serve plan was perfect. Think about who your with, it takes a lot of time out of each day to have a sit down meal at least once a day. It makes balancing those Fast Pass' with dinning resv. quite tricky. Our next trip is the wife and I alone. We will use the Deluxe plan because we want to go to as many of the more expensive meals as we can. I've ridden plenty of rides, for me Disney World is all about Fine Dinning.

Pros:

Great plan if your doing several character meals

Cons:

Too much if your plans are to spend most of your time in Parks

Reviewer: ROCCOFIRE Review Date: 07/11/2014

The first time we used the plan. Incredible amount of food, and we ate all of epoct, and many restaurants that I would never go if I paid, like France and Morocco, and what a awesome surprise. The 2 snacks a day great for buying beverages during the hot month of July. BUT we only ate twice a day because you get an appetizer, main course and dessert plus refills on beverages, we were too full. So much food, but you are able to order anything and eat anywhere that was nice. I wish I could donate my un used dinning credits. It was nice to not to worry about buying food, but TIPS not included.

Pros:

a variety to eat anywhere

Cons:

too much food