Reviews of Olivia's Lunch/Dinner

Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/olivias-cafe/lunch-dinner
Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/olivias-cafe/child-lunch-dinner

AllEars® Review of Olivia's:

Reviewer: disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

My niece and I had dinner here on November 6.
She had Tortuga stew and was very pleased with her choice:lots of seafood. I had the day's special, BBQ ribs, and enjoyed them a lot:meaty and good sauce. Drinks were good, food was good, service was good. It's a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

Pros:

always a pleasant meal

Reviewer: resjudacat Review Date: 11/10/2017

Olivia's was one of my favorite Disney eateries, what happened? A friend of mine and I went there for lunch yesterday. Our appetizers, conch fritters and crab cake were good, although the dips they give you for the conch fritters amounted to about a teaspoon of each! Asked more, but our server ignored our request. My friend had the Scallops, which used to be good..they changed how they prepare and serve this, and it looks like slop! She got about 6 scallops about the size of a quarter, buried in a pile of polenta, with some other things. The polenta was inedible because it was loaded with salt. I ordered the Duval Street Burger. This used to be MY favorite! It was bone dry, after I ordered it medium, the roll, was not fresh as it was awfully dry. Not even edible. This used to be an 8 oz. burger on a beautiful FRESH roll! They cut the size down, but are still charging a high price for a hamburger. This seems to be a trend in Disney restaurants. They are serving smaller portions, but still charging the same, or in many cases MORE! IF you want a great burger go to Deluxe Burger in Disney Springs. But Olivia' is no longer worth your money or time.

Pros:

our two appetizers conch fritters & crab cake

Cons:

Everything else!

Reviewer: bethocindigo Review Date: 10/20/2016

The conch chowder was more like their 'Baked Potato' soup. Huge chunks of potato and the conch had been ground up into teeny pieces smaller than ground hamburger. How the heck is a person supposed to taste it I'd like to know.

Well, my husband LOVED his prime rib which was perfect and the Lamb was even more delicious than Pot Roast. I had the Crab Cakes which were absolutely excellent with large chunks of white crabmeat.

Our desserts tasted absolutely delicious. My husband had the flour-less chocolate torte and our son had the bread pudding.

Everything was great but we would've liked better options for our son to eat because he's in that in-between age of older than 9 but not wanting to order from the kids menu.

Fabulous service and a great entree' selection. If we ever decide to stay here again, we would definitely choose to eat at O'livia's.

Pros:

delicious entrees'

Cons:

nothing for a child over 9 to order on the menu

Reviewer: matt6816 Review Date: 12/14/2015

We always make Olivia's a place for breakfast and dinner. Out first night we planned on dinner. I ordered a medium prime rib at a cost of over $30. They plate and served a bloody, grizzled piece of meat lesser restaurants would not serve. When the waitress returned she was also surprised at the poor quality. That steak went back immediately. I ordered the tomato salad that was great but not free. They offered me another steak but I declined. Over all our dinner experience was good but the raw prime rib after a poor check in experience just added to my frustration.

Pros:

Friendly and usually on point

Cons:

less than 'prime' rib

Reviewer: MouseDaddy Review Date: 05/30/2015

My family & I (DW, DS & DD 14 yo twins) ate here for lunch on 4/2/15. We arrived early and had some time to kill before our room was ready. Worked our perfectly as I had wanted to try Olivia's after reading some of the reviews here. We were not disappointed at all. Our server, Shana, was very friendly and attentive. My son enjoyed his bacon cheeseburger, daughter loved her loaded baked potato soup (it was very tasty) and her berry smoothie. My lovely wife said her fresh mozzarella & tomato salad was VERY fresh and excellent. I had the buttermilk chicken w/mashed and it was outstanding. Perfectly cooked, incredible gravy. Just a great experience for us and we'll be making a point to get to Olivia's on our next trip.

Pros:

Food, Service

Reviewer: wattage Review Date: 09/25/2014

My wife, 15yo daughter and I ate at Olivia’s on Friday, September 19, 2014. We ADRs for 6:20pm and were seated immediately upon arrival. I had the Prime Rib with a Conch Chowder appetizer. The chowder was excellent – among the best soups I’ve ever had. The Prime Rib was cooked perfectly and was very well seasoned. My wife and daughter really enjoyed their meals as well. We will be returning in the future. Service was excellent throughout our meal.

Pros:

Great service, and even better food

Reviewer: Momof4 Review Date: 01/11/2014

What happened to Olivia's??? This was my absolute worst dining experience at Disney in 22 years!!! Our waitress was the worst I've ever had in Disney. She was rude the entire visit- threw straws, napkins and coasters at us. It was my husband's birthday and she didn't acknowledge it even after we reminded her at the table. She rolled her eyes! (It was on my reservation and he was wearing his birthday button.) The food was mediocre at best. The burgers were okay but the shrimp pasta was terrible and the ribs were very fatty. The desserts were all terrible and non of us really could eat them. Of course, our waitress didn't care because we were on the dining plan and she simply tacked on her 18% to our party of 11! Never, ever again will I waste my time going here!! Our positive aspect of the meal is that now we sit at our dinner table and throw things at each other and laugh about how horrible this experience was!!!

Pros:

????

Cons:

Waitress, food

Reviewer: maddox4 Review Date: 12/30/2013

This was our first time eating here and it was just by chance as we had reservations at Boma. Unfortunately we had a rough travel day and our developmentally disabled son wasn't feeling great. I thought the unconventional buffet at Boma might be too much for him to handle. Boy was I glad we tried Olivia's. It was probably our favorite sit down meal of the trip. Not too crowded, service was excellent, and the food was really good. The waiter found out it was our anniversary trip and our son's birthday trip and balloons were delivered to our table. Very nice experience.

Pros:

good food excellent service

Reviewer: Motherhen Review Date: 12/10/2013

We stayed at OKW from 11/29 - 12/09 and were looking forward to having our first dinner of our vacation at Olivia's. We weren't disappointed. We tried this restaurant on our last vacation and it quickly became one of our "must dos" at WDW. The food was flavourful, hot and well prepared & presented. We were a party of 4 and none of us had any complaints. I had the prime rib and it was perfect. We were using the DDP, and I like that they gave us a choice of many things off of the menu rather than just soda. Our server, Karen, was awesome. She was attentive and informative and made our dining a very enjoyable experience.

Pros:

Food, Service

Reviewer: DanDVC92 Review Date: 08/23/2013

Hi, our Family & Friends(party of 8) stayed at home base of OKW the week of July 4th, we made this our first night dinner, and as usual it was fantastic--see Positive Aspects above--we also had breakfast and a late lunch here during our 9 day visit. We highly recommend this restaurant from the Prime Rib, Daily Special, and great breakfast menu(I get the omelet with the works)---Dan DVC92

Pros:

Food--Atmosphere--Staff