Reviews of Olivia's Lunch/Dinner

AllEars® Review of Olivia's:

Read prices, menu items, and more about Olivia's Cafe

Services: Table Service , Table Service

Reviewed by Susan Kowalski Review Date: 09/26/2018

I'm a big fan of Disney's Old Key West resort. I was over there for the Conch Tour and decided to stay and have lunch at their full service restaurant, Olivia's. Everything in Disney has a backstory, so I researched Olivia's Cafe and thought the story was interesting: Olivia Farnsworth lived in a small cottage along Turtle Krawl, upwind of the strip. Almost daily, she would invite curious passersby who smelled her cooking to come on in and pull up a chair. People loved her vibrant flavors and earthy personality, and, before long, she found herself setting more tables. Eventually, Olivia opened the doors to her eponymous cafe, which has been a haven for locals and a must-visit for out-of-towners ever since.

The restaurant decor is very appealing - light and airy, just like I would expect in Key West. It was chilly the day I was there so I opted to sit inside, but they do have a very nice patio as well.

There was no wait to be seated and my server came to the table right away. After taking my drink order she left me to peruse menu which had a wide variety options, but a bit pricier than I expected. I decided on the Southernmost Buttermilk Chicken ($19) which comes with Mashed Potatoes, Southern Gravy and Seasonal Vegetable and boy, was it was delicious!! The portion size was just right - I was full without being overstuffed.

If you are planning to eat at a full service restaurant on property, I would recommend Olivia's Cafe.

Pros:

Good food with both indoor and outdoor seating

Cons:

None that I can think of :)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

very nice place, in a pretty resort, not loud and crazy like some places in Disney are. Nice spot for a quiet lunch or dinner. great pictures of families in Disney World all over the walls, but no, they are not accepting anymore.

Pros:

Had a great server, Joe from NY. He was great.If you want a sandwich, have the shrimp po boy, it's wonderful!! The housemade chips that you can get with it are the best. For dinner, have the prime rib, it's delicious!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

was good if you like the kind of food offered.I was not impressed with the offerings

Pros:

good service

Cons:

did not like the offerings but that is just me..

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 11/22/2017

My niece and I had dinner here on November 6.
She had Tortuga stew and was very pleased with her choice:lots of seafood. I had the day's special, BBQ ribs, and enjoyed them a lot:meaty and good sauce. Drinks were good, food was good, service was good. It's a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks.

Pros:

always a pleasant meal

Reviewed by resjudacat Review Date: 11/10/2017

Olivia's was one of my favorite Disney eateries, what happened? A friend of mine and I went there for lunch yesterday. Our appetizers, conch fritters and crab cake were good, although the dips they give you for the conch fritters amounted to about a teaspoon of each! Asked more, but our server ignored our request. My friend had the Scallops, which used to be good..they changed how they prepare and serve this, and it looks like slop! She got about 6 scallops about the size of a quarter, buried in a pile of polenta, with some other things. The polenta was inedible because it was loaded with salt. I ordered the Duval Street Burger. This used to be MY favorite! It was bone dry, after I ordered it medium, the roll, was not fresh as it was awfully dry. Not even edible. This used to be an 8 oz. burger on a beautiful FRESH roll! They cut the size down, but are still charging a high price for a hamburger. This seems to be a trend in Disney restaurants. They are serving smaller portions, but still charging the same, or in many cases MORE! IF you want a great burger go to Deluxe Burger in Disney Springs. But Olivia' is no longer worth your money or time.

Pros:

our two appetizers conch fritters & crab cake

Cons:

Everything else!

Reviewed by bethocindigo Review Date: 10/20/2016

The conch chowder was more like their 'Baked Potato' soup. Huge chunks of potato and the conch had been ground up into teeny pieces smaller than ground hamburger. How the heck is a person supposed to taste it I'd like to know.

Well, my husband LOVED his prime rib which was perfect and the Lamb was even more delicious than Pot Roast. I had the Crab Cakes which were absolutely excellent with large chunks of white crabmeat.

Our desserts tasted absolutely delicious. My husband had the flour-less chocolate torte and our son had the bread pudding.

Everything was great but we would've liked better options for our son to eat because he's in that in-between age of older than 9 but not wanting to order from the kids menu.

Fabulous service and a great entree' selection. If we ever decide to stay here again, we would definitely choose to eat at O'livia's.

Pros:

delicious entrees'

Cons:

nothing for a child over 9 to order on the menu

Reviewed by matt6816 Review Date: 12/14/2015

We always make Olivia's a place for breakfast and dinner. Out first night we planned on dinner. I ordered a medium prime rib at a cost of over $30. They plate and served a bloody, grizzled piece of meat lesser restaurants would not serve. When the waitress returned she was also surprised at the poor quality. That steak went back immediately. I ordered the tomato salad that was great but not free. They offered me another steak but I declined. Over all our dinner experience was good but the raw prime rib after a poor check in experience just added to my frustration.

Pros:

Friendly and usually on point

Cons:

less than 'prime' rib

Reviewed by MouseDaddy Review Date: 05/30/2015

My family & I (DW, DS & DD 14 yo twins) ate here for lunch on 4/2/15. We arrived early and had some time to kill before our room was ready. Worked our perfectly as I had wanted to try Olivia's after reading some of the reviews here. We were not disappointed at all. Our server, Shana, was very friendly and attentive. My son enjoyed his bacon cheeseburger, daughter loved her loaded baked potato soup (it was very tasty) and her berry smoothie. My lovely wife said her fresh mozzarella & tomato salad was VERY fresh and excellent. I had the buttermilk chicken w/mashed and it was outstanding. Perfectly cooked, incredible gravy. Just a great experience for us and we'll be making a point to get to Olivia's on our next trip.

Pros:

Food, Service

Reviewed by wattage Review Date: 09/25/2014

My wife, 15yo daughter and I ate at Olivia’s on Friday, September 19, 2014. We ADRs for 6:20pm and were seated immediately upon arrival. I had the Prime Rib with a Conch Chowder appetizer. The chowder was excellent – among the best soups I’ve ever had. The Prime Rib was cooked perfectly and was very well seasoned. My wife and daughter really enjoyed their meals as well. We will be returning in the future. Service was excellent throughout our meal.

Pros:

Great service, and even better food

Reviewed by Momof4 Review Date: 01/11/2014

What happened to Olivia's??? This was my absolute worst dining experience at Disney in 22 years!!! Our waitress was the worst I've ever had in Disney. She was rude the entire visit- threw straws, napkins and coasters at us. It was my husband's birthday and she didn't acknowledge it even after we reminded her at the table. She rolled her eyes! (It was on my reservation and he was wearing his birthday button.) The food was mediocre at best. The burgers were okay but the shrimp pasta was terrible and the ribs were very fatty. The desserts were all terrible and non of us really could eat them. Of course, our waitress didn't care because we were on the dining plan and she simply tacked on her 18% to our party of 11! Never, ever again will I waste my time going here!! Our positive aspect of the meal is that now we sit at our dinner table and throw things at each other and laugh about how horrible this experience was!!!

Pros:

????

Cons:

Waitress, food

Other topics in Old Key West