Reviews of Theme Park Photo Pass

Look for the Disney photographers throughout Walt Disney World's four Theme Parks and the Water Parks.

The first photographer will give you a plastic Disney's PhotoPass card with an ID number on the back. Hang onto that card and use it for the duration of your trip.

Each time you see one of the roving photographers and want a photo taken, just go up and hand them your card - they'll get you situated, snap the pose, scan your card and off you go - and you can do this as often as you like.

Be sure to read our Information and Tips page:

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

We enjoy the service not only for the pictures that would have both of us in the picture but also for the magic shots.

Pros:

Getting pictures of the whole family

Reviewer: Big-T Review Date: 09/30/2018

This is an absolute must do every time we go. You’ll want pics of your group wether it’s a couple or a large family. Sure you can take pics yourself, and we always do. But it’s so nice to have picture of the group that has everyone in it or that’s not a selfie. Heck, I’d even do it if I were going by myself.

Pros:

Semi-professional pics of your trip in some of the best spots on the park. There are lots of picture spots and there is no limit to the number of spots you can get pictures at. Don’t forget the ride photos are included at no charge. You don’t have to worry about getting them after you ride. They’ll be attached to your magic band.

Cons:

The price... maybe. However, if you are taking the trip, you might as well get the pass. Honestly, the price is small when compared to the entire stay with park tickets and food.

Reviewer: Mike Review Date: 09/30/2018

I cannot go to a Disney park without Photo Pass. My family and I love it! We all get to be in the pictures. We get hundreds of photos from each trip. We can print all the photos we want at home for a fraction of the cost. The price is more than worth it in my opinion.

Pros:

All family members are in the pictures, somebody else is taking and storing photos for you, you can edit photos once you get home to add borders, autographs, and other effects

Cons:

I do not see any

Reviewer: Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

I've never signed up for photopass, but I really don't think it would be worth it. Cast members will take photos on your phone/camera, so you get the same photo ops without the expensive pricetag.

Pros:

pics

Cons:

price

Reviewer: sandra loveless Review Date: 09/30/2018

I am an Disney old timer (was there when Magic kingdom opened!). Photo comes with my annual pass. It is nice to have pictures taken by someone. .If they weren't included, I would not pay separately.

Pros:

don't have to depend on yourself to take pictures, can see available pictures and share them with other easily, can add your own borders,etc.

Cons:

cost, finding a photographer, quality of pictures

Reviewer: vincent Review Date: 09/30/2018

don't need to bring camera, have everyone in photos.

Pros:

easy pictures, great views, ride photos

Cons:

Memory maker pricey

Reviewer: Shannon Review Date: 09/30/2018

PhotoPass and MemoryMaker is hands down the best value for the money you can get in the parks. Always great photos and great customer service.

Pros:

Professional photographer, great guest service, great photos

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/29/2018

The best part of photopass is everyone gets into the picture. No more asking other people to take your family picture. On our 8 day trip we had over 200 photos. Yes some weren’t the best, but the magic shots were always a surprise when checking the my Disney experience app.

Pros:

Ride photos are included

Reviewer: Georgia G Review Date: 09/29/2018

Most of my pictures turned out great. I love during the meet and greet when they capture the spontaneous moments but that could be tricky!

Pros:

If you are lucky to have a photografer who can work as a team with the character, great! They usually know the best poses, angles and when to click the button. If you really are into meeting characters, I highly suggest for you get that.

Cons:

Things can go really wrong with some sloppy photografers. Maybe they are new at the job or just not having it on that day, but I've seen some crap pictures from "professional photografers".

Reviewer: tlynn Review Date: 09/29/2018

You should absolutely get the pass

Pros:

Since we can only afford to go to Disney every few years, I splurge on the photo pass so that we can ALL be in each and every photo. I love that we can take photos in front of our favorite attractions, with our favorite characters, or on the rides themselves and the cast member simply scans your magic ban and your off!