Sugar Frosted Fruit Bites Flurry of Fun Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Makes 48 bites
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup lukewarm water
2 teaspoons instant yeast
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
6 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup non-fat dry milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup diced candied orange peel
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup diced candied cherries
2 tablespoons rum
1/2 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Mix all purpose flour, water and yeast in small bowl
2. Rest at room temperature for one hour
1. Mix candied orange peel, golden raisins, candied cherries and rum in small bowl
2. Rest at room temperature for one hour until rum is absorbed
1. Combine sponge, all purpose flour, softened butter, dry milk, sugar, salt and vanilla extract in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook
2. Knead to soft, shiny dough. Add soaked fruit and any liquid to the dough and knead until combined.
3. Cover dough and rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats
5. Turn the dough onto a floured cutting board. Cut dough into 48 pieces and roll into logs that are approximately 1/2 in wide by 1 1/2 long. Place on prepared baking sheet leaving 1 inch between each piece. Cover and rise for 45 minutes or until puffy.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Bake fruit bites for 18-20 minutes until light brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
For Vanilla Sugar
1. place melted butter in small bowl
2. Stir sugar and vanilla extract together in small bowl and set aside.
1. Coat baked fruit bites in melted butter , then roll in vanilla sugar. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
2. May be stored at room temperature for one week or freeze for up to 3 months.