Recipes Vanilla Sauce 1900 Park Fare Grand Floridian
Yield: 16 servings
3 Egg Yolks
4 oz. Sugar
1/2 bean Vanilla Bean (split lengthwise)
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 cup Milk
1. In a saucepan, combine vanilla bean, heavy cream and milk. Bring to a boil.
2. In a mixing bowl combine egg yolks and sugar. Mix together well.
3. Slowly pour boiled milk and cream into egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly.
4. Return to heat and cook until thick, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
5. Strain. Chill in an ice bath.
6. Serve over bread pudding (or fruit, waffles or pancakes).