Recipes Sausage & Biscuit Skillet Boma Animal Kingdom Lodge
1 lb bulk sausage
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 yellow squash, large dice
1 zucchini, large dice
2 russet potatoes, medium dice
1 T granulated garlic
1T ground cumin
1 T ground coriander
1 tsp. tumeric
1 T salt
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 T black pepper
Boursin Cheese Sauce
2 oz butter
2 oz flour
1 pint heavy cream
1 package boursin cheese
1 T fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1. in a skillet over medium high heat, add the sausage and cook
until brown. While the meat is cooking, add half the spices.
2. Once the meat cooks for 10 minutes, add all the veggies
including the potatoes. Add the remaining half of the spices.
Cook for another 10 minutes until the veggies are tender.
3. Remove the skillet from the heat and drain the fat. Set aside
the sausage mixture for later.
4. To make the boursin cheese sauce, in a saucepan over medium
high heat, melt the butter. Slowly add the flour using a whisk to
form a roux. cook the roux for 1 minute. Add the heavy cream,
whisking as you go, to incorporate the cream. Turn the heat down
to low and cook for 5 mins.
5. Add the cheese and fresh thyme, sitrring as you cook for an
additional 5 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat
6. When it is time to serve this dish, place the sausage mixture
in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add the cheese sauce to make the
mixture similar to a potpie filling
7. Preheat oven to 350. Place the sausage and cheese mixture into
a casserole dish and top with your favorite raw store bought
biscuits. Bake about 20 mins or until the biscuits are brown.