Recipes Roasted Corn Salad THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews Epcot Flower & Garden Festival ’16
8 ears corn, still in husks
1 fresh poblano pepper
2 jalapenos, diced
1 small red onion, diced
1 sweet red pepper, diced
1 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation
For roasted corn:
1. Pull outer husks down ear to base. Strip silk by hand, then fold husks back into place. Soak ears of corn in cold water with 1 tablespoon salt for 20 minutes.
2. Heat the grill or griddle pan to medium. Remove corn from water and shake off excess. Place corn directly on grill, turning every few minutes until kernels are tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove from grill, remove husk, and cool completely.
4. Cut kernels from cobs.
For roasted poblano:
1. Heat a grill or griddle pan until very hot. Place whole pepper on cooking surface and cook until skin is completely charred and flesh is soft, turning often, about 3-5 minutes per side.
2. Remove from grill and cover so that peppers will steam for 10-15 minutes.
3. Peel skin, remove seeds and dice.
For Roasted Corn Salad:
1. Combine corn, poblano, jalapenos, red onion, and red pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
2. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and lime juice; stir in cilantro.
3. Pour over vegetables, stirring well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.