Recipes Pineapple Upside Down Cheesecake Boma Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 12 servings
2 pounds Cream Cheese
1 cup Sugar
½ cup Whole Eggs
½ t. Vanilla Extract
½ t. Lemon Juice
¼ cup Heavy Cream
¼ cup Sour Cream
1 quarter of a Fresh Pineapple (peeled and cut into tidbits)
¼ cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Brown Sugar for bottom
1 cup White Chocolate (melted)
¼ cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1. Cook diced pineapples in ¼ cup brown sugar in a saucepot until slightly translucent, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Prepare miniature muffin molds by spraying them with pan release. Place a small amount of brown sugar (from the ½ cup) in the bottom of each mold. Place some cooked pineapples to cover the bottom of each mold.
3. Prepare the cheesecake filling by creaming the sugar and cream cheese.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, making sure you scrape the bottom of the bowl always, to avoid lumps.
5. Add the lemon juice, heavy cream, and sour cream.
6. Pour mixture into the molds over the pineapples, almost to the top.
7. Place the muffin mold on a sheet pan. Pour water halfway up the sheet pan to cook the cheesecakes in a water bath.
8. Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes in a 300o oven until the cheesecake is set.
9. Remove from the oven and pour out the water. Set aside to cool.
10. Melt the white chocolate slowly in the microwave and blend in the graham cracker crumbs completely. Spoon or pipe on top of each cheesecake. Place mold in cooler overnight.
11. Once the chocolate crumbs and the cheesecake have set, place mold upside down to release the cheesecakes with the pineapples on top.