Recipes Orzo Pasta Tusker House Animal Kingdom
Yield: 6 side portions
12 ounces orzo (cooked)
1 cup fresh spinach
1 teaspoon olive canola blend
¼ cup vegetable stock
1 each tomato (¾ inch diced)
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove minced garlic (1 clove)
1 teaspoon salt (check if needed)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
10 each kalamata olives sliced
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme (10 sprigs)
1 1/2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
1 Tablespoon fresh basil (5 leaves)
Method of Preparation:
1. Cook orzo in boiling water for 7 minutes, drain and cool quickly.
2. Heat large skillet over moderate heat.
3. Add oil, tomatoes, garlic and sauté 1 minute.
4. Add all other ingredients except olives and feta.
5. Heat through and cook like a risotto, taste do not add salt.
6. Place in pan for service and garnish with olives and feta.