Recipes Leek and Jarlsburg Cheese Soup Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Norway Pavilion, Epcot
8 ounces of butter
8 ounces of flour
1 yellow onion chopped
1 large leek, washed and chopped into ¼" pieces
1/2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ tablespoon onion powder
8 ounces of Jarlsburg cheese or cheese of your choice grated
2 cups milk
1 can chicken broth
to taste salt
to taste pepper
chives for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter on low heat.
2. Add onions and cook until translucent.
3. Add flour to make a roux.
4. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
5. Add cold milk and chicken broth, stirring constantly.
6. Add leeks, onion power, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce.
7. Cook on medium heat until soup thickens.
8. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
9. Season to taste.
10. Before serving, add chives for garnish.